Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Yea I didn't watch it lol. The rest of the series is still great tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If they actually stick with the new Hime song, that might be enough for me to call Yowapeda permanently ruined

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Owari 2 has been confirmed to be a two separate OVAs (covering the Third Owari volume) on 8/12 and 8/13 later this summer.

Bully.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Monogatari BD's and DVD's are still selling reasonably well, aren't they? Like, I swear I read somewhere that Shinbo Simbo's plan was to animate EVERY single Monogatari novel, but are they still selling as well as they did with Bake and Nise? If I don't misremember, the original Bakemonogatari BD's were legit competing with stuff like Eva 1.11 and 2.22 and such, weren't they?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Wark Say posted:

The Monogatari BD's and DVD's are still selling reasonably well, aren't they? Like, I swear I read somewhere that Shinbo Simbo's plan was to animate EVERY single Monogatari novel, but are they still selling as well as they did with Bake and Nise? If I don't misremember, the original Bakemonogatari BD's were legit competing with stuff like Eva 1.11 and 2.22 and such, weren't they?

Sales have dropped gradually for every new season. Bakemonogatari averaged around 80k per volume, Owarimonogatari around 27k.

For comparison, Attack on Titan s2's first volume came out last week, and the sales drop from s1 to s2 was 51,171 -> 6,603 (on vol 1's first week).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Here are the temporary schedules for the seasonal streams (shows in no particular order):

Stream 1 - Sunday, July 2nd 4PM CDT
A Beast in the Skirt
Fate/Apocrypha
Kakegurui
Cleanliness Boy Aoyama-kun
Touken Ranbu

Stream 2 - Sunday, July 9th 3PM CDT
Tsurezure Children
NTR
Ballroom e Youkoso
Centaur's Worries
Isekai Restuarant
Made in Abyss
Vatican Miracle Examiner
Youkai Apartment
Hitorijime My Hero

Stream 3 - Wednesday, July 12 6:30PM CDT
Musekinin Galaxy Tylor
Mahoujin Guru Guru
Princess Principal
Dive!!
Hajimete no Gal

I'll finalize them Friday night, but times aren't likely to change.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 28, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

darkgray posted:

Sales have dropped gradually for every new season. Bakemonogatari averaged around 80k per volume, Owarimonogatari around 27k.

For comparison, Attack on Titan s2's first volume came out last week, and the sales drop from s1 to s2 was 51,171 -> 6,603 (on vol 1's first week).
Holy crap. That's a pretty good consistency for a show that had its first BD/DVD out almost 8 years ago. I remember that shows like Oreimo or Infinite Stratos were considered super successful because they got past the 20k average with their first seasons.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I can't believe the superpowered protagonists of Luck and Logic are called Logicalists and the enemies from another dimension that must be crushed are called Foreigners I can feel the hair on my neck growing in real time and an urge to vape as I watch it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hate Yowamushi Pedal now

I could just tell I was going to be pissed last week. It was such a good moment and of course they just shat all over it. This ep felt like it tried as hard as possible to make the bullahit right, but nah gently caress it.

Also I'm still just as confused as I ever was why any of the stage results matter.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kater posted:

I could just tell I was going to be pissed last week. It was such a good moment and of course they just shat all over it. This ep felt like it tried as hard as possible to make the bullahit right, but nah gently caress it.

Also I'm still just as confused as I ever was why any of the stage results matter.

Stage results matter in real life too. winning a stage in a big race like the Tour de France is a big deal. Stages let people other than the overall winner get victories and be noticed. And they change the nature of the race, as they create more goals than just get to the end the fastest

Think of stages like individual games, and the whole race as a season. Imagine if nobody cared about the outcome of individual football games, the only thing that mattered was who won the Superbowl

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
H-Hooray...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpoHvhWthM

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
h-h-hell no

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSm6x47hf8

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i started watching natsume and three episodes in enjoying it. i knew it was a yokai show and that's generally My poo poo, and it in fact is. it's a real good show to watch right before bed.

i also started watching the eccentric family on a whim and im way too tired to explain why it's good right now, but it's veeery good, glad that got a second season this season so there's more of it.

watching these two at the same time just makes me wanna play okami again tho

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you like youkai shows you might also check out The Morose Mononokean; I can't 100% vouch for the anime because I haven't finished it but I love the manga and enjoyed what I saw of the anime.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMKTlVjiBc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The epic Mr. Driller lore

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the mr. driller lore is just that mr. driller is the girliest boy and constantly gets smacked by his russian girlfriend, his dad is perpetually angry and bitter at being eclipsed by his own son's fame and his mom who divorced his dad spends all her time getting drunk and kissing people while writing novels and raising her youngest child and is also a space war hero who has gunned down dozens of deadly aliens, and that's why mr. driller is the best namco ip ever made

anyway ths is the wrong anime chat gently caress it's 12am

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh poo poo it is

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Everything Burrito posted:

If you like youkai shows you might also check out The Morose Mononokean; I can't 100% vouch for the anime because I haven't finished it but I love the manga and enjoyed what I saw of the anime.
word, i'll look into it, that and Mushishi are on my list

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So Princess Principal is going to be an anime-original high school Cold War spy thriller set in a parallel-universe occupied Britain and written by Ichiro Okouchi, the guy who did Valvrave, Guilty Crown, and Kabaneri.

Strap in, kids, we're in for a wild ride.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna watch it cause it's studio 3hz and i think they've got lots of up-and-coming animators so i'm interested to see how it turns out visually

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

So Princess Principal is going to be an anime-original high school Cold War spy thriller set in a parallel-universe occupied Britain and written by Ichiro Okouchi, the guy who did Valvrave, Guilty Crown, and Kabaneri.

Strap in, kids, we're in for a wild ride.
No mention of Code motherfucking Geass?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wark Say posted:

No mention of Code motherfucking Geass?

Wasn't he only a co-writer on that?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The mother frickin' trainwreck meme

Can't wait to see this train go off the rails in the dullest way imaginable like all those other shows :cool:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

The mother frickin' trainwreck meme

Can't wait to see this train go off the rails in the dullest way imaginable like all those other shows :cool:

code geass was cool actually

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

Wasn't he only a co-writer on that?
Nope, Guilty Crown is where he was co-writer. Code Geass is as much (director) Goro Taniguchi's baby as it is Okouchi's.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

code geass was cool actually

It's not among "Valvrave, Guilty Crown, and Kabaneri."

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Kabaneri literally had trainwrecks, but it wasn't a figurative trainwreck. It was just kind of dull past the first few eps.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I am going to go out on a limb and say Princess Principal may have more similarities with Izetta than with any of those shows.

He didn't write Izetta, that was a friend of his (same guy who did most of Guilty Crown, which was bad, but also Sora no Woto, which was good), but I think the subject matter and setting seem at least partially comparable.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Here's the PV! Horrible things are going to happen to these characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB_RdXxRU68

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Eh.

I'll give it an ep, I guess, why not

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the anime design is true to kuroboshi's style so it'll be very good. so much so that they'll have to level-up the studio name to 4hz, for foreheads

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if anything, the show has a generally good director working on it so i think it'll be an interesting watch

the worst thing he's done that i've seen is the trails in the sky ova and uh, that probably has to do with being an attempt at condensing 2/3rds of the plot of a 60 hour long jrpg sequel into two hours

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Colonel posted:

if anything, the show has a generally good director working on it so i think it'll be an interesting watch

the worst thing he's done that i've seen is the trails in the sky ova and uh, that probably has to do with being an attempt at condensing 2/3rds of the plot of a 60 hour long jrpg sequel into two hours

He's going to have to work overtime if he wants it to have a coherent plot, though.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'll probably watch it until I gradually lose interest, just like I did Valrave, Guilty Crown, and Kabaneri. It must be tricky adjusting a show to maintain interest for roughly the same number of episodes time after time. Though I watched all of Code:Geass so I guess there's at least a chance it'll stay entertaining?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope princess principal turns out to be really good just to own everyone

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Colonel posted:

i hope princess principal turns out to be really good just to own everyone

I hope it's really good because I like watching really good anime.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that also, but i'm just kind of annoyed by people already judging the show as a trainwreck before it's even started airing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Still baffled by what was so horrible about izetta.

• Locked thread