Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
It's complicated for me to come to any kind of position on Houli despite the partisan bleating all over.

The MRP grades and hands down a sentence based on that grading, not from any kind of moral or internal dialogue about the player or the act.

The fact that Houli was referred to the Tribunal is because the incident was seen at the far end of this matrix and needed special consideration for its severity.

The fact that he was found guilty should mean his penalty starts at the most severe available on the MRP matrix and work up. Being given a 50% reduction based on character or good behaviour seems like a special offer not afforded to players who take the MRP assessment.

Also, how much does the condition of Lamb work into it. If Schofield got off because Oliver's med report wasn't damning enough, how is Lamb's a non-factor in Houli's grading?

Basically, deport Houli to arabstan with his mate turdball and give a battla his house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Just gonna leave this here so Sloth can continue to die on his hill defending hardest player ever Oliver's flop...aaaaaand go.

Streamable link - https://streamable.com/ub4ud

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

bigis posted:

Vickery
Rance
Houli

Richmond sure have been a lovely bunch the last few seasons.

Edit: Don't forget Conca.

Was Conca the one who came up behind a (West Coast?) player after play had stopped and basically punched him in the back of the head?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Based on his twitter and the fact that people keep whacking him in the head one thing which is clear is that Olivers trolling game is loving on point. Gives Tom Bugg a real run for his money.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 28, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Was Conca the one who came up behind a (West Coast?) player after play had stopped and basically punched him in the back of the head?

Yes, where as Rance is the one who got out marked by Watts and decided to punch him in the back of the head while he was on the ground.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Nothing is wrong if a player on your own team did it, everything is wrong if another teams player did it. This is the golden rule of sports.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Seems more like Oliver is just a dickhead and not actually deliberately trolling people.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yes, where as Rance is the one who got out marked by Watts and decided to punch him in the back of the head while he was on the ground.

Yeah I remember that one, threw a hissy fit at losing the marking contest and thumped Watts in the back of the head driving Watt's face into the ground.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I wouldn't call a 19 year old having a public meltdown over his first experience with being a mildly famous person getting called out online "trolling." This is why afl players should be steered away from twitter. Especially the young guys.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Yeah I wouldn't call a 19 year old having a public meltdown over his first experience with being a mildly famous person getting called out online "trolling." This is why afl players should be steered away from twitter. Especially the young guys.

I guess you didn't see his latest profile
pic then

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

I guess you didn't see his latest profile
pic then

A picture of an Oscar award?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

These kind of posts are exactly why AFL players should use Twitter IMO. Especially the young guys.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

A picture of an Oscar award?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What is that picture even meant to be?

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

thepokey posted:

It was against a GWS player.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shmoses posted:

These kind of posts are exactly why AFL players should use Twitter IMO. Especially the young guys.

My post or his posts?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

What is that picture even meant to be?

The treatment required for his grievous injury

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I thought he was wrapping himself in a bonnet like a giant baby?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

I thought he was wrapping himself in a bonnet like a giant baby?

Either works tbh

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

My post or his posts?

Yours, I love the hand-wringing

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
https://twitter.com/freodockers/status/880013654330032128

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

realbez posted:

Ehhh someone like Dangerfield is pretty decent on the Toots. But maybe because he's gotten a thick skin from dealing with angry Crows fans.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shmoses posted:

Yours, I love the hand-wringing

lol ok

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Hot take: Twitter is horrible and should be used by no one.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Clayton Oliver rules

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also I really hope Gary Rohan and Jayden Hunt line up on each other come Friday

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Deadly Hume posted:

Ehhh someone like Dangerfield is pretty decent on the Toots. But maybe because he's gotten a thick skin from dealing with angry Crows fans.

IMO he was p. good on Twitter long before he made the cardinal sin of thinking he was allowed to have a personal life.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hiddenmovement posted:

Hot take: Twitter is horrible and should be used by no one.

But if there was no twitter, how would we know what the POTUS is thinking?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bump #6!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av_-CiiGCLo

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Dees have said that Mitch White will be coming into the side for tomorrow nights game. He's a lock down medium/tall defender who doesn't get a lot of the ball, and that will make our tall defenders essentially O McDonald, Frost and White, Frost being the most senior of them with 50 games to his name.

Got the feeling we're going to phone this one in.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Apparently Jed Lamb will miss this week.

Same time out of action as Houli, apart from the 10 minutes he played last weekend.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

FTFY

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
#bringbackgocsy

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tom Lynch of Adelaide is out indefinitely with viral meningitis :wtc:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

4 weeks for houli

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hmm, good.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

4 weeks is still on the light end of things but 2 was pretty ludicrous

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I've tipped against us but if we manage to win with those outs against Sydney in their form then gently caress it, we're a top 4 side

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 29, 2017

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

boy undead posted:

#bringbackgocsy

Legit angry right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hurn is out with concussion. Viney gonna get booed so hard next Eagles game in Perth

• Locked thread