Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kelp Plankton posted:

The Grootman Torch is in constant pain, he just wants to die, but death never comes
he is the marvel heroes mascot now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I can't wait to float around on my SS mocking all the second class citizens.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

quote:

I paid money for this avatar. Which was delayed btw. And now you're going to take my property from me? It's Clobberin' Time!!!

my pubbie spirit animal

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sorry to break up the FANTASTIC FOUR DEATH chat but anybody have thoughts on The Division? There's been a ton of changes since launch and im hearing good things, but can I get some opinions from my most trusted advisors (you all)?

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Lmao I need the link to see the confirmation about deleting Moleman

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

jujojoh posted:

Lmao I need the link to see the confirmation about deleting Moleman

Blockhouse posted:

here's the deleted notes

Of course, it'll be a couple hours before we know whether this was deleted because they're holding off, or because they just want to hide what's happening in an incompetent way.

I finished my Nightcrawler blue (to free up inventory space) and prestiged Doom with like five minutes left just in case though. I don't even particularly like the FF costume; it's just the principle of the thing.

e: The patch notes for 2.12 are up actually, and include none of this. Doesn't mean it's not happening, just that it doesn't appear to have happened on schedule (or they're just not reporting it in the notes)

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 29, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Asros now is pretty much outright stating he isn't allowed to talk about the FF notice/thread removal, so either Gaz screwed up by announcing anything in the first place or Marvel is breathing down their necks even harder than usual.

What a shitshow it is either way.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Bare minimum, they did totally change Doom's default costume to Classic. Everything's still in the store (hilariously, including Doom Classic). I already own the characters involved so I can't tell if the ES purchase is gone. Can't be arsed to look for Mole Man right now.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sorry to break up the FANTASTIC FOUR DEATH chat but anybody have thoughts on The Division? There's been a ton of changes since launch and im hearing good things, but can I get some opinions from my most trusted advisors (you all)?

just wait for destiny 2

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Hehe they spelled it Wulture on the card description

edit: have they done 72 cards for 5000G before :stare:

AzraelNewtype posted:

Bare minimum, they did totally change Doom's default costume to Classic. Everything's still in the store (hilariously, including Doom Classic). I already own the characters involved so I can't tell if the ES purchase is gone. Can't be arsed to look for Mole Man right now.

they're supposed to be in the store until the first, ES sales were supposed to stop with the patch though I cannot check.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 29, 2017

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think they did 72 cards for 5000 gs before, but it was only for some of the cards and not all of them.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's possible that the FF removal thing was not fully mandated in the way Gaz is doing it by Marvel and then Marvel went HEY WOAH NOW LETS CRANK THIS BACK A LITTLE and it's going to be less drastic. I've seen something like that happen before with other games, like when City of Heroes went a little too crazy with replacing all the nazi villain stuff with generic facists, and then rolled back some of the changes because the issue was nazi imagery and not that they existed in the game's lore (cuz bringing the game to germany)

This isn't quite the same sort of thing as that, but Marvel doesn't want the entire MH playerbase to like, murder the dev team, so maybe they're lightening up on the actual game content stuff and you just won't be able to spend money on FF things anymore.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Rufio posted:

just wait for destiny 2

speaking of removing more content than they're adding.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Looks like people who are gifted FF heroes are receiving ordinary ultimate upgrade tokens. :gaz:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

MMAgCh posted:

Looks like people who are gifted FF heroes are receiving ordinary ultimate upgrade tokens. :gaz:

just saw that thread myself and came here to lol

quote:

I gifted 8 people FFs and SSs. Please fix this. I spent $50 on other people only for them to get Ult Upgrades.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MMAgCh posted:

Button guy got a little hasty.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i guess they're still selling the future foundation cards too and you get Homecoming ones instead

edit: nevermind, they're not in the store

edit2: wow, I cant believe how much these people are apparently buying Homecoming FCs. I haven't been on for a new card or whatever and I see them complaining about buying 100+ and not getting poo poo, so $50 on day one.

I mean its not Star Citizen levels but...

you know what I'm not going to complain because it keeps the lights on at gaz.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 29, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

they say in those screencapped notes that their licensing agreement was renewed

so I guess they are committed to improving the lifespan of the game?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Logged in because I was only like 50 kills from my Clone Saga 2. They've already borked the achievement up with a lovely mini-sentinel that's not even exclusive. Logged out.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

suddenlyissoon posted:

I wish I knew how to quit this dumb game.

I quit a few months or a year ago. All it required was getting bored of the mega-events.

But since I keep skimming the sub-Reddit, I learned about the death of Mom and Dad coming up and used my plethora of splinters to buy them. Seriously, had 2000 and some change from what had to have been massive splinter boxes tied to one of those mega-events.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I wonder if Newspaper Spiderman will be forced to abruptly halt its current Moleman-centric storyline.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The Moon Monster posted:

I wonder if Newspaper Spiderman will be forced to abruptly halt its current Moleman-centric storyline.

nah you can still use fantastic four characters in the comics as long as you don't in any way feature a combination of four people as the fantastic four

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I jumped back into the game during the Anniversary event and the whole game just felt like an end of beta with the giving away of splinters and loot boxes being so gratuitous.

RIP Marvel Heroes, you were never a great game, but you were a better option than meth.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Mayostard posted:

I jumped back into the game during the Anniversary event and the whole game just felt like an end of beta with the giving away of splinters and loot boxes being so gratuitous.

RIP Marvel Heroes, you were never a great game, but you were a better option than meth.

At least meth keeps you slim. Marvel Heroes is associated with a high risk of keyboard gut

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Gibbering Madness posted:

At least meth keeps you slim. Marvel Heroes is associated with a high risk of keyboard gut

and spinal injury

and brain injury

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

To go from thingburgers to this in a year

How the fantastic have fallen

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I mean, the thingburger was better than the movie it was promoting too

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

goodbye doomsaw's rose
may you ever grow in our c:\ hence
you were the game that never came
up with a reason to do x-defense
you called out to some nerds
who circle every woman they see in red
now you belong in heaven
like hellgate london, you are dead

and it seems to me you lived your life
like a hotdog in the fridge
never fading when the use by date
was long past
like glorious summer sunshine
suffused in piss
your candle burned out long before
your licensing deal from Marvel Comics LLC a subsidiary of The Disney Corporation ever will

goodbye gaz

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not reading that.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hi aphrodite hows it goin

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

goodbye doomsaw's rose
may you ever grow in our c:\ hence
you were the game that never came
up with a reason to do x-defense
you called out to some nerds
who circle every woman they see in red
now you belong in heaven
like hellgate london, you are dead

and it seems to me you lived your life
like a hotdog in the fridge
never fading when the use by date
was long past
like glorious summer sunshine
suffused in piss
your candle burned out long before
your licensing deal from Marvel Comics LLC a subsidiary of The Disney Corporation ever will

goodbye gaz

another turning point, disneydick stuck in the road
time grabs you by the keyboard gut, directs you where to go
so make the best of this TTK, and dont ask why
its not a question but a lesson learned in wasted time

asros is unpredictable, and he is alt-right
i hope you had the time of your life

so take the screenshot collection, and i-frames in your mind
hang it on a shelf next to the boardgame collection and good time
tattoos of emma frost and the cosmic trial
for what it's was worth it was worth all you whale'd

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

another turning point, disneydick stuck in the road
time grabs you by the keyboard gut, directs you where to go
so make the best of this TTK, and dont ask why
its not a question but a lesson learned in wasted time

so take the screenshot collection, and i-frames in your mind
hang it on a shelf next to the boardgame collection and good time
tattoos of emma frost and the cosmic trial
for what it's was worth it was worth all you whale'd

yellow day

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
We need another mr69 vidja.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
In other news theres a new terminal with vulture as a boss and a movement based legendary as a drop.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
When's the next big tourney???

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Okay we're doing song lyrics.

The server's calling, it starts to shout
Guess it's time for an alt account
I've got my Jubilee all geared up
and Mountain Dew, it fills my cup
The server is boosted, I have to go
Logan is hungry, he runs the show
He's licking his lips, he's ready to win
So pop some XP boosts, and let's begin

Here I am
Cosmic like a Wolverine
Here I am
Cosmic like a Wolverine

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Change the thread title to reflect the God-forsaken Post-Mole Man world we are going to live in.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Marvel Heroes: now less fantastic than ever before

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Well, there goes my theory about the Hand in season 2 of Daredevil loving with Moleman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Good riddance to that bespectacled gently caress with his revolting on-hit retching noises and hopelessly overtuned staff blast attack. :byewhore: