Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Cyouni posted:

I'll point out that episode 5 had the label of "the culprit is already cornered", which was very incorrect. As such, trusting these labels seems to be in no way wise.

If you assume that refers to Natsuhi then yeah maybe.

Although it did also say "The difficulty is fairly easy. What could possibly fool you now?" so you may have a point there. :witch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So maybe we saw things as the audience, but confused it for what Erika was seeing as the detective?

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

bman in 2288 posted:

So maybe we saw things as the audience, but confused it for what Erika was seeing as the detective?

Yeah, I think this is what it is. I think Battler is the perspective character for the scene where everyone gathers in the parlour and Erika accuses Natsuhi, since the narration calls her "Aunt Natsuhi."

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

tiistai posted:

If you assume that refers to Natsuhi then yeah maybe.

Although it did also say "The difficulty is fairly easy. What could possibly fool you now?" so you may have a point there. :witch:

I assumed it referred to Natsuhi given how that went. Unless it referred to Natsuhi, there's no one else to refer to in there since no one else could possibly have been described as 'cornered'.

bman in 2288 posted:

So to rephrase that, your suggestion is that when Erika called everyone in to the parlour, she just somehow missed that Kanon didn't exist?

Edit: I love this new avatar, though I must admit to some curiosity on exactly what led to this particular choice.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Cyouni posted:

I assumed it referred to Natsuhi given how that went. Unless it referred to Natsuhi, there's no one else to refer to in there since no one else could possibly have been described as 'cornered'.

You're right of course, but with a bit of imagination (and leaps of logic) maybe it could be a reference to Beatrice as well.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Cyouni posted:

So to rephrase that, your suggestion is that when Erika called everyone in to the parlour, she just somehow missed that Kanon didn't exist?

Given Erika's personalty, this is a possibility. She used the Detective's Authority to gather everyone into the same room. By definition no one could have been absent, so she probably didn't bother to check who was actually present.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

Cyouni posted:

Edit: I love this new avatar, though I must admit to some curiosity on exactly what led to this particular choice.

I think it's sooo pop and cute :3:

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Cyouni posted:

I'm pretty sure this was brought up back in episode 5 when everyone was first arguing about that scene, but Battler's narration specifically said that Shannon was standing behind Erica when listing everyone in the room. So she's the one that wasn't really there.

Confused Llama
Jan 15, 2008
The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

Cyouni posted:

I took a walk to consider it more and check on information. The problems with George=Kanon are primarily in episodes 1 and 2, where Battler sees him and Kanon in the same place. The biggest problem with Shannon=Kanon is in episode 5, where Erika keeps everyone constantly in a group.

To some degree, this can be resolved by Kanon being a construction of George+Shannon to spend more time with one another, but Knox's 10th is a constant interference in every theory regarding this.

Let's ignore the 10th for a minute and run with this for a bit. Kanon+Jessica doesn't make a ton of sense as a literal romantic pairing here anymore, so suppose it's a metaphor for Jessica pursuing her pop-idol dreams (as eventually supported by Kanon at the school festival in Episode 2) instead. She can't do that if George marries a servant and gets himself disinherited; she'll have no choice but to succeed the headship of the Ushiromiya family, or at least get married to someone deemed worthy of succeeding the headship. Alternatively, if Jessica runs off to do her thing, George will have to step in as head like Eva always wanted him to and abandon his intent to marry Shannon, because no matter how good his intentions, that marriage won't survive the weight of the disapproval of the entire Ushiromiya family bearing down on it once George is the heir apparent. Third alternative: Beato murders everybody until somebody else solves the epitaph to make her stop, thereby succeeding the headship whether they want to or not and letting Jessica, George and Shannon all get what they want (= love revived in the Golden Land).

Sure, seems legit.

Congrats on the avatar, by the way. :3:

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This update is amazing. The description of Erika's blood drops becoming butterflies is nice imagery!

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!
Please enjoy this gift from witch chat:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

little_firebird posted:

This is absolutely perfect

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

little_firebird posted:

Finally, a real explanation of what love is!

Confused Llama
Jan 15, 2008
The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

little_firebird posted:

Holy crap, I'm not sure what part of this image I like best.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!
Here's the original (not by me) before you guys go searching:

And some bonus, I guess:

I won't go so far as to name myself a Curator, but chances are if there's something you want to see, it (like magic) exists. You-uu need only ask :witch:

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

:swoon: :kimchi: :love: oh my godddddd this is everything I ever wanted

batobeato trash for life

witchcore ricepunk fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 29, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
:shittypop: Goddamn that's some good art. Can't wait for the manga art update after the tea party.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I didn't even notice that the first art was an edit until now. The art was too good.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

witchcore ricepunk posted:

:swoon: :kimchi: :love: oh my godddddd this is everything I ever wanted

batobeato trash for life

I know, right?!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Excuse me, RonoBato is the best.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

BGM: Engage of Marionette

...Beato took Battler's hand... and put a ring with the seal of the One-winged Eagle on his finger.

"...Are you sure...?"
"You are already the territory lord. So, this ring belongs to you, Battler-san."
"...You really are sure? At this rate, the world you created... the tale..."
"Yes. I created this tale because I wished to be with you. That means the purpose of this world has been fulfilled. So, from now on, I want you to write it. The rest of the tale... about you and me."
"..."

"I just need to play around and wait for you to write a new tale. And, for each new tale you write, I'll play any part you want. Be it an evil witch, or a rival. A lover, or a wife."
"My tales are pretty intense. You'll be busy from dawn until dusk."
"Hmm... Sounds perfect..."

Beato's hand relinquished the ring of the territory lord...

Then, they exchanged their rings, and their wedding was complete. The pair turned around, faced the packed crowd of guests, and raised their rings high. A thunderous applause rang out for them...

BGM: Happiness of Marionette - Omake

"Let those called come forward."

At Battler's nod, Beato read the name of the first guest to be recognized.

"...Kanon. Come forward."
"K, Kanon-kun...?!"

A girl goat pushed her way through the crowd, took off her mask, and yelled. A cloud of gold butterflies gathered before Battler and Beato... and took the form of Kanon, kneeling in front of these two nobles.

Kanon had already died and vanished. However, all of the dead revive in the Golden Land.

"When my husband was locked up and in danger, you rescued him and displayed your self-sacrifice by choosing to remain in the eternal prison in his place. That devotion is deserving of an award. Therefore, we will allow for your resurrection, as well as your continued service."
"...Ah. I am so honored... and happy!"
"Kanon-kun, Y, Yoshiya-kun!! Yoshiya-kunnnn!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!"

Jessica raced forward and landed sobbing in Kanon's chest. Kanon patted her head gently and held her...

"You won't be serving as furniture. You'll be serving as a human. Do you understand what that means?"
"...Yes."

After looking at Jessica sobbing, he looked at Battler again and nodded forcefully.

"Now for the next pair. Ushiromiya George and Shannon! Come forward!!"

George and Shannon were the next to be called. Perhaps they had already readied themselves. They walked forward boldly and kneeled.

"Ushiromiya George, right here."
"Shannon, right here..."
"You two withstood Zepar and Furfur's trials until the very end. Your great achievements and affection, determination and nobility were exemplary and deserving of an award. Therefore, your marriage certificate has been issued with the territory lord's signature!"
""We are honored and happy.""
"No one will be allowed to object to this certificate! Let the families of those recognized bless their union with all their hearts!!"
"And so, now that there's nothing stopping these two, let's all throw rice at them and celebrate. Hey, congrats, you two!"

When the territory lord clapped his hands in celebration, it spread throughout the entire cathedral. Then, a group of goats in the front line of the crowd took their masks off one by one...

"George! When a man gets married, he's got to treasure his wife even more than his parents! No matter what your mother says, you make sure you protect Shannon-chan!"
"Yes, of course!!"
"George-san...!!"
"A, anyway, George needs to be asleep by 7:00! I'll never forgive you if you let him stay up late!! And don't forget that washing his back and cleaning his ears are also a wife's responsibilities!!"
"I, is that true...? Wh, what have I done..."
"...Th, that varies depending on the family..."
"Rudolf-san, have you been treasuring your wife?"
"O, of course... Why would you doubt that...?!"
"Find happiness, you two. Marriage isn't the goal. It's just the starting line, okay?"
"Uu-uu-uu-! Congratulations, congratulations!!"
"Uryu-!! Congratulaaaaaaatioons!!!"
"We mustn't lose either."
"Heh, heheheheheheh...!! Y, yeah, no way we're losing, dammiiiiiiiiiiit!!"

With this, the curtain closes on the tale woven by the Golden Witch.

Perhaps we should finish this tale with the epitaph.

BGM: None

BGM: Look Back

"That interpretation is probably appropriate..."
"And? Now that the game is over, Onii-chan will be released, right? What will happen to him?"
"...Well, I wonder. The book of this Fragment tells no more of the story."
"...So, in the end, we don't even find out what happens to Onii-chan. "

In the end, Onii-chan and the others never came back. They reached the Golden Land and enjoyed themselves there. Even if the tale tells us this, the truth is... that everyone died in that huge accident...

"Still, we've learned a lot of very interesting things. It seems that island... really was a crazy island of illusions."
"Indeed. And your reading was truly wonderful..."
"...I feel worn out, like watching a six hour movie all at once. I'm tired."
"Ushiromiya Ange. You really have worked hard. Your reading has healed my boredom. I, Featherine, am more grateful to you than I have been for so many years that I cannot remember..."
"If you're grateful, why can't I have some kind of award too?"
"Hmm, what would be good... Give me some time. I will think."

Featherine sat down in her rocking chair and rocked it, apparently trying to think of something...

"Sheesh. Feels like this was one hell of a side-trip."
"Do not pout. I am thinking of a reward now... Yes, that's something I haven't done much, no, at all, for quite some time. I imagine the ink from the bottle has dried up by now..."

BGM: Thanks for All People

It had been very serious... and fiery. Ange had acknowledged that this tale was no crazy literary work, but a new message bottle, which had drifted here once more from the Rokkenjima of 12 years previous... to tell her of one single truth... And, it seemed as though she had found her own interpretation of the truth she thought the tale was trying to tell.

...Of course, that was only one truth, and it did not mean an end to her journey. However, maybe it can be viewed this way. This wasn't sufficient to fill the 12 year gap in her heart. However, right now, just enjoying the feeling along with the bitter coffee Hachijo had made... was enough.

"...Thank you for reading until the end. And, thank you for your thoughts and opinions. I'm sure the very first Endless Witch is happy..."
"...Wow, so you can say stuff like that. If you'd just talk like that from the beginning, you'd have tons more fans."
"...I am merely praising the wonderful reader that you most certainly are. I just wanted to say that spending the time I have left in my life writing for you alone was much more productive than writing for those pigs who do not talk and cannot think would have been... *giggle*."
"That's the kind of thing you don't have to say. Well, I'll take it as a compliment. Okay."

I get the feeling... that I've spent a really, really long time here. It feels... as though I've spent a major fraction of my life here. Though it should feel uncomfortable, sitting here on a sofa in someone else's house, for some strange reason, it feels as familiar as my own home. However, the clock shows that it's been only about two or three hours since I met her. My sense of time feels very strange...

"It must be a long phone call. It's creepy for a guy to talk that long on the phone."

He said he was going to make a scheduled report to Okonogi-san, didn't he? Even though he was told that he could use the phone here, he declined, and went to look for a public phone somewhere.

...Something about how he didn't want to risk being bugged. He's a moron, so I'll let him do what he wants.

"Is the public phone far?"
"If you go out onto the street, there's a store on the corner a short ways down."
"Then I'll be on my way. You can use this to pay for food or whatever."
"...If I let you keep that money, will you come again, read my next manuscript, and tell me your opinions...?"
"...You're willing to pay rolls of money to get an un-cute girl like me to read your manuscript?"
"No. You really are a good reader, and a good thinker. We have created these tales and been thrown out into the world in search of a person like you."
"...You praise me too much. I just take books a little too seriously."
"As thanks for the considerable time you have given to me, I will someday write your tale."
"Am I going to appear in another of your Forgeries? I hope you kill me in a slightly better way this time."

"Are you talking about opportunism? I used to hate it, but recently I've become a big fan. Still, I'm picky about what I'll accept, and falling from a skyscraper and ending up unharmed isn't what I'd call a miracle."
"...Then, one day, perhaps, I will write a tale that you will consider a miracle..."
"I'm... really sorry for barging in all of a sudden and saying all kinds of mean things."
"...No, it was a worthwhile conversation. I wonder if my head editor will set up another meeting between the two of us..."
"If there's another chance for one. <See you again, have a nice day>."
"Yes, it may happen again sometime. I pray that you find your truth."
"Thank you."
"If you ever do reach your truth, please try making your truth a tale as well someday..."
"...You want me to become one of you witches? I wonder. I'm bad at writing. A good reader isn't necessarily a good writer, you know?"
"Ah, quite true. I myself can never read anything written by anyone else."
"...Sheesh. Then, I'm off."
"After this, I will probably never see you again, but I pray I will be fortunate enough to meet another you someday... somewhere."
"...Can I ask one last question?"
"Go ahead..."

"It may be presumptuous to say it, but that was my intention."
"...This might be a strange question, but... umm... Are you Featherine? Or is Featherine you?"
"...Well now. What might you be talking about...?"

This mysterious woman has been mysterious to the last. In this way, the day of which I have no memories ended, and the next day, I would take a boat to Niijima.

I'll probably never meet her again. However, that just means that 'I' won't meet her, so the other 'me's might meet her somewhere down the road. Just as 'I' have reached several truths, they must also... want to reach the truth.

...If you ever write a better story, please call me again. If I'm free, I might drop by...

BGM: Sukashiyuri

"...I'll take a pass on that. You know how old I am. I'm done running around all over the place..."

The person on the other end of the line was Okonogi. Okonogi was also one who tended to move from place to place, so it hadn't been easy to catch him even on the phone.

"Our trip's been pretty cool, and right now, there's no need to run around."
"Sumadera Kasumi is searching for you like mad. According to our informants, she's already gotten a ride to Rokkenjima. You'll bump into her there."
"So, just as planned."
"...It'll likely be just five or six people at most. And they'll probably be armed with nothing more than handguns. They're no match for you. Feel free to run wild. But make sure you kill them. Have you received that favorite toy of yours?"
"Of course. I'm surprised you managed to get this into the country."

Behind Amakusa was the rental car that they had borrowed under a false name, inside of which was now a black golf bag.

"Heheheh, I'll take care this time. It's an easy job."
"Also, you do understand about 'that', right?"
"That...? Well, I'm not sure what you mean."
"...Playing dumb, are we? Well, that's okay. Despite how you talk, you've never betrayed my expectations in the past. If you're clever about it, you won't even have to get your hands dirty. There should be plenty of ways to handle it."
"...Heheh, I'm not sure what you're talking about."
"...I realize that Ange-chan is a child to be pitied. Still, all she had to do was play the part of a secluded young lady. When we joined forces after Eva-san's death, we reached an agreement. This little portable shrine of ours is important, but she's also a liability. We're talking about world peace here, right?"
"...So, watch and see how it goes. I hope those Sumadera black-suits know how to shoot a gun right."
"..."
"Hmm? What is it, sir?"
"...Don't tell me that, after a few days on the run, you and Ange-chan have already hooked up...?"
"Ha. Me and that bratty little girl? Please."
"Well, it's not like I care, okay...? Looks like you've finally managed to break free enough that you can take passes at girls. Half of the world is made up of women. You'll never last if just one or two of them make you hesitate."
"...Oh, speak of the devil. She's here. Guess that's all for today. I'll contact you after I reach our lodgings on Niijima. Later."

Ange was walking down the street. Why'd she have to do that when I told her to wait for me to come back? If only she wasn't like this, she might have lived a long life.

BGM: Thanks for All People

"Heheh. Sorry about that. How was it for you, Lady? Did you learn anything interesting...?"
"It was interesting. That's all I need to harvest."
"Hyahha...! Sounds cool."

After Amakusa opened the passenger's side door, Ange got in the car. Amakusa quickly went around to the driver's seat.

"...Then let's head to the harbor. According to the old man, the Sumadera family has set up a net."
"...If we do get caught, then that's the measure of my luck. If we don't, then Rokkenjima is waiting for me. Let's leave it all to luck."
"...Luck, is it?"
"When you can't decide what to do, or when it doesn't matter either way, it's not so bad to entrust your fate to a coin toss."
"Heheh. Then I'll leave it to luck too. I'm no stranger to that sort of thing myself."
"...My bodyguard has just said he'll leave everything to luck. This sucks."
"Since I had to leave for that phone call, I totally missed the clincher. What happened after I left? Let's hear it."
"No. I'm not telling."
"That's a shame."

However, Ange didn't get sentimental about it. For now, she just wanted to silently consider the new message bottle that the current Endless Witch, Hachijo Toya, had given her...

In the rear-view mirror, the town where a witch lived faded off into the distance.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
:toot: Congrats to the crack ship!

And then they all lived happily ever after, except Ange.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Wow, Ange's life sucks.

I know we've said that before, but it's worth repeating.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

tiistai posted:

:toot: Congrats to the crack ship!

I can't believe umineko was its own crackship fanfic the whole time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Hachijo is a nerd who writes self-insert fanfics.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Jin, did you forget to buy groceries? ... Looks like air for dinner. Again.

Tired Moritz posted:

Like mistress, like miko.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

bman in 2288 posted:

Wow, Ange's life sucks.
Don't worry, any minute now Battler and Beatrice will reveal they've been alive this whole time and they all live happily ever after. :toot:

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I'm curious what y'all think the next two episodes will bring (as someone who knows).

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
For the record - there is exactly one update left in EP6, after which I'm going to take a shortish break to build my backlog back up for EP7.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

tiistai posted:

Ange is gonna make her own Golden Land. With hookers, and blackjack.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
We will learn that everyone died in a freak kitchen accident involving mackerel. :colbert: No one is guiltier than god.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

We will learn that everyone died in a freak kitchen accident involving mackerel. :colbert: No one is guiltier than god.

Listen man. The Nier Automata LP is thataway.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

havenwaters posted:

Listen man. The Nier Automata LP is thataway.

You know, I've thought about checking out what Dark Id is doing, but at the same time I feel like the integrity of the story I experienced would somehow be irreversibly compromised by intruding on someone else's experience.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Tired Moritz posted:

Looking at Ange's comments on it, she also wrote in the section about Ange's death at the hands of red-hot pliers.

Eva's comments on the marriage and everyone else's reactions to them are pretty great. Reminds me of how dedicated they were to each other early on, and also why the explanation of episode 3 where she kills George and Hideyoshi feels so wrong.

Also, given how they were wearing goat masks, I wonder if that means we were supposed to take Rosa Musou completely literally.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

You know, I've thought about checking out what Dark Id is doing, but at the same time I feel like the integrity of the story I experienced would somehow be irreversibly compromised by intruding on someone else's experience.

Yeah I'd suggest playing Nier:A first and then checking out the LP thread for it. Game's great.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Honestly, Eva+Hideyoshi+George is probably the cutest family unit.

Even with the whole metaphorically matricide thing, they just seemed to really like each other. It's a nice contrast to Eva being an asshat to everyone else.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
And the Golden Land arrives, and up they all come. As a witch doubter, I will commit the small heresy of admitting that it is a bit cathartic to see everyone alive and happy, even if it does feel a bit too... simple? It's not that it's too saccharine, as the darkness of the stories before hand (and even concurrently, in the case of EP3) provide a nice bitterness to prevent the endings from being too sweet, but... the family all seems too flat, like... like echoes of their previous selves, rather than the complicated people we came to know on the island. Thios means something, but... I'm still not sure what, yet, or what it means for the narrative as a whole (could be really good, or really bad, depending...)

ProfessorProf posted:

"No. You really are a good reader, and a good thinker. We have created these tales and been thrown out into the world in search of a person like you."
"...You praise me too much. I just take books a little too seriously."

Dawww, Ange :3: As somebody who takes stories way too seriously myself, I think you might be my... OK, maybe not my favorite character, especially in how deliciously complicated Beatrice is turning out to be, but probably my most liked one.

And on that note, :sigh: It is a stereotype of mine that I cannot trust people above a certain tax bracket, and I keep waiting for somebody to arrive to show me what a filthy stereotype that is, but I haven't me that person yet and believe I never shall. So the big CEO of Eva's company is a corrupt fucker who would throw a teenager to the wolves because she doesn't want to operate by the rules and put her fortune where it belongs (i.e. with him)- shocker. And apparently, Amakusa is meant to do the deed... but will he? I suppose that depends on whether or not he's the same sort of character I remember from Higurashi, but this exchange:

ProfessorProf posted:

"...If we do get caught, then that's the measure of my luck. If we don't, then Rokkenjima is waiting for me. Let's leave it all to luck."
"...Luck, is it?"
"When you can't decide what to do, or when it doesn't matter either way, it's not so bad to entrust your fate to a coin toss."
"Heheh. Then I'll leave it to luck too. I'm no stranger to that sort of thing myself."
"...My bodyguard has just said he'll leave everything to luck. This sucks."

... gives me hope that he might change his mind later, or save her life in spite of himself. By the rules of fiction, it could go either way, really.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

havenwaters posted:

Yeah I'd suggest playing Nier:A first and then checking out the LP thread for it. Game's great.

It remains the only game I've ever platinumed. Also the only Platinum game I've ever played.

Tired Moritz posted:

Honestly, Eva+Hideyoshi+George is probably the cutest family unit.

Even with the whole metaphorically matricide thing, they just seemed to really like each other. It's a nice contrast to Eva being an asshat to everyone else.

Eva does really care for her son and husband. That relationship is a pretty strong contrast to whatever is going on with Kyrie & co.

Cyouni posted:

Looking at Ange's comments on it, she also wrote in the section about Ange's death at the hands of red-hot pliers.

Eva's comments on the marriage and everyone else's reactions to them are pretty great. Reminds me of how dedicated they were to each other early on, and also why the explanation of episode 3 where she kills George and Hideyoshi feels so wrong.

Also, given how they were wearing goat masks, I wonder if that means we were supposed to take Rosa Musou completely literally.

I'm interested to see whether Ange survives this story. The future is grim.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So, if we have love, is it possible to figure out a viable not-miserable ending for Ange? Like, being able to believe in Amakusa protecting Ange despite his contract? I can envision it, he's enough of a lovable rogue to pull something like that.

But is Ange's story a story about love, or a story devoid of it? That's what's really driving me up the wall right now. I'd like to think, though, that her last scene with the stakes and the thugs show that she's fashioned enough sympathy for her blood aunt to have gained some love in her life, small as it might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

resurgam40 posted:

And on that note, :sigh: It is a stereotype of mine that I cannot trust people above a certain tax bracket, and I keep waiting for somebody to arrive to show me what a filthy stereotype that is, but I haven't me that person yet and believe I never shall. So the big CEO of Eva's company is a corrupt fucker who would throw a teenager to the wolves because she doesn't want to operate by the rules and put her fortune where it belongs (i.e. with him)- shocker. And apparently, Amakusa is meant to do the deed... but will he? I suppose that depends on whether or not he's the same sort of character I remember from Higurashi, but this exchange:

... gives me hope that he might change his mind later, or save her life in spite of himself. By the rules of fiction, it could go either way, really.

I mean, we already saw him do it back in episode 4, only Ange was delusional and picturing him as Eva. I suppose it's up in the air if things'll be the same in this fragment, though from the sounds of it Ange read that part of episode 4 as well so she'll at least see it coming this time.

I'm more interested in what it means that Kanon will be revived as a full human in the next game.

The rest of this post will be me thinking aloud about my weird twins theory. 2 bodies, the same person. When one is Shannon the other is Kanon and vice versa. Shannon and Kanon are still just different facets of the same person. Both bodies have been on dates with George. George cannot marry two humans, even if they are one person. The Japanese legal system wouldn't recognize it, for starters. Also George may or may not freak the gently caress out at the idea. In order for one of the bodies to marry George, they must sever themself completely from their other half, and George can't ever learn what was going on. The only sure way to achieve this is to kill the other body. Thus the lovers' duel.

• Locked thread