Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Iron Crowned posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention apparently your soldiers can't bond with sparks per that video :smith:

need c3po for human cyborg relations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Iron Crowned posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention apparently your soldiers can't bond with sparks per that video :smith:

BUT-COMMANDER-I-LOVE-HIM

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't believe in this day and age Firaxis gets away with this blatant discrimination against robots.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
As long as I can self insert and bond with Van Doorn, that's all I need.

THE DREAM IS TEAM! :qq:

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

If the author of the mod that lets you recruit non-advent alien units doesn't add bonds with those when they update for the expansion we will know their cowardice.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Pffft, Turians are already bonded with their rifles. A best you're looking at a Friend with (advent killing) Benefits.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
finally, this game will succeed where Mass Effect failed and let you kiss the geth.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

RoanHorse posted:

If the author of the mod that lets you recruit non-advent alien units doesn't add bonds with those when they update for the expansion we will know their cowardice.

Super Move: Viper tongue grabs a Ranger who reapers everyone along the path.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

:same: they only mentioned the two I posted so far though.

They've also mentioned a modifier called "Beta Strike" which significantly increases the HP of your units and the enemies so the game becomes less about alpha striking a pod before they can react.

Relatedly, Jake has said they have increased the HP pool of late game enemies by a fair amount to compensate for the power spike at the late game with the new DLC stuff.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Bolow posted:

They've also mentioned a modifier called "Beta Strike" which significantly increases the HP of your units and the enemies so the game becomes less about alpha striking a pod before they can react.

Relatedly, Jake has said they have increased the HP pool of late game enemies by a fair amount to compensate for the power spike at the late game with the new DLC stuff.

LW 2 1.5:
Beta Strike has been enable on all Advent forces. Xcom units have had their HP halved to compensate.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Heffer posted:

Super Move: Viper tongue grabs a Ranger who reapers everyone along the path.

The Tetherball Special!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

LordNat posted:

LW 2 1.5:
Beta Strike has been enable on all Advent forces. Xcom units have had their HP halved to compensate.
LW 2 1.5.1:
Beta Strike option re-enabled under Second Wave as "Itadakimasu". Alien unit HP now 3x (after default Beta Strike), XCOM HP unaffected.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I want a day 1 mod that lets a sectoid mind control a soldier who then bonds with a SPARK

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What would I need to edit or what mod would I need to use to scale up supply awards?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

marshmallow creep posted:

What would I need to edit or what mod would I need to use to scale up supply awards?

YOu need to edit your ability to get good

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah yeah, I've beaten the game several times but I want to play with more sparks and some of these projects in my modded game, but the limiter is resources.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I think it's in the gamedata.ini where you can edit down the costs of building Sparks and related stuff, it's a lot easier than loving with mission rewards.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

You could also try using a memory editor (or Cheatengine) to freeze/change your resource amounts. It takes a little trial and error tho.

Still probably easier then altering the ini rewards tho.

Nacho
Oct 26, 2010
There should be a console command as well.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean there's also console commands, pop one and give yourself like 20 supply every time you successfully complete a mission or something iunno

e: yeah what he said

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Alright. Thanks for the ideas.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any good QOL mods for EW that don't require LW?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
getresources is a little wobbly, though. Doesn't always work. Or it messes with your end-of-month drop.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah this is a fun gun

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
This picture shows where a revealed soldier can safely move to without getting seen by the muton/sectoid pod:

This picture shows where a revealed soldier cannot move to safely because they will activate the muton/sectoid pod:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's easier to crouch real low beneath two pieces of cover than just one.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I assume it's a matter of visibility through the lower windows.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

I assume it's a matter of visibility through the lower windows.

I think so but the game doesn't always make it clear why an enemy pod was activated, especially if there is a lot of geometry in the way.

Next a game:

This is the LZ. See that square to the diagonal of the bus stop that my soldier can't move to? Guess why :downs:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

This is why the first mod I ever got was Gotcha Again.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
The mods in the thread's OP are the right amount of QoL without being too cheaty. The Overwatch All makes Rulers way easier, and you'll probably die less from EU aim rolls - still, those are pretty minor advantages.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hmm, with the Ruler changes in War of the Chosen, does that mean Rulers will no longer react to characters going on to overwatch? This sounds like a pretty good way to get in free hits.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Fangz posted:

Hmm, with the Ruler changes in War of the Chosen, does that mean Rulers will no longer react to characters going on to overwatch? This sounds like a pretty good way to get in free hits.
Doubt it, since Overwatch All is an example on how that ruins the ruler reaction mechanic. They've only mentioned reloading and actions out of LOS.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
You know, this game rules

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Has it been said how the expansion will work? Is it just a big DLC or a separate executable like EW.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Bholder posted:

Has it been said how the expansion will work? Is it just a big DLC or a separate executable like EW.

Reports indicate that it's a separate exec, which probably will mean for modders maintaining two separate highlanders (so I guess I'm gonna have to figure that out). We'll probably see more clearly closer to release, but we aren't really the focus of the press work so who knows when we'll really know.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I am not clear on what the highlander is in this context. A mod that makes other mods work, basically? What kinds of mods require it?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

I am not clear on what the highlander is in this context. A mod that makes other mods work, basically? What kinds of mods require it?

Essentially with XCom 2 modding, there are two different categories of mods - stuff that only adds stuff to ancillary files (which you can generally have any number of as long as they don't try and mess with the same thing), and more intrusive mods that make changes to the core of the game (which is the only place you can change certain things).

The latter is generally referred to as a "higlander" mod because there can be only one installed at a time

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I see. Thank you.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I think the Community Highlander mod also provides hooks so that mods can place nice and share the previously unsharable parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad
So when your dudes end a move on the evac square is there any way to have them not leave? I was doing a rescue mission and had one of the squad move to high cover on a square in the evac. The VIP was about ten squares up from that point still in the van. I couldn't overwatch him, only have him leave. No other acTions for him were available.