Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Motto posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with a phone game, god help me
I'm still playing MtG: Puzzle Quest, good god.

Also Ace Attorney games but there's no shame in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

Bomberman R was updated today and now you can play as Vic Viper, Simon Belmont and Pyramid Head.

Hahaha that's great. Are they just reskins or do they play differently? I haven't heard anything about bomberman r other than there was a lot of fighting over whether it was going to be good or not.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhDNrffJl_s

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

Hahaha that's great. Are they just reskins or do they play differently? I haven't heard anything about bomberman r other than there was a lot of fighting over whether it was going to be good or not.

Yeah, Vic Viper can speed in a straight line at the press of a button, Pyramidhead gets a death aura at the exchange for moving really slow for a few seconds and I haven't used Simon much but it seems he can whip bombs back to himself. Not sure how useful that is yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Konami winning back the hearts and minds of gamers by reminding them of when they made games.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ometeotl posted:

Bomberman R was updated today and now you can play as Vic Viper, Simon Belmont and Pyramid Head.

Any video game that lets you play as pyramid head is a good video game in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKG7o9hntg

My favorite part is that like every game that includes the guy just plops him in completely as-is, blood, rust, angry groaning and all. :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

drat that's a nice-looking book. Too bad about the price, though. I just wanna find a cheap decent-quality hardback copy of master and commander on amazon but nah the prices for that are pretty big and I feel like for a book that old, I should never drop the 17 or whatever dollars they were asking for it on amazon.

I'd just get it at the library but, and I know this is dumb, but when I have to read something under a deadline, I pretty much never do it. I just give up and say gently caress it. Like, it doesn't matter that I can just renew the book multiple times before having to return it, I just don't read when I'm on a deadline. It's weird.

I know some people suggested I just get the ebook version but ehhhh I like having the hardbooks in my hand since it's a good way to relax, just lying down in bed with a nice book.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
books also makes you look like you're doing something important, or at least not checking facebook, instead of tapping on your fuckin phone or tablet reader doing who knows what in your downtime at work :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

drat that's a nice-looking book. Too bad about the price, though. I just wanna find a cheap decent-quality hardback copy of master and commander on amazon but nah the prices for that are pretty big and I feel like for a book that old, I should never drop the 17 or whatever dollars they were asking for it on amazon.

I'd just get it at the library but, and I know this is dumb, but when I have to read something under a deadline, I pretty much never do it. I just give up and say gently caress it. Like, it doesn't matter that I can just renew the book multiple times before having to return it, I just don't read when I'm on a deadline. It's weird.

I know some people suggested I just get the ebook version but ehhhh I like having the hardbooks in my hand since it's a good way to relax, just lying down in bed with a nice book.

Do you mind used copies at all? The used hardback copies look pretty cheap!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

G2A, the controversial marketplace for key sellers, will soon require any users hoping to shift game keys to reveal their name and address.

I bet this'll go over well with the Russian mafia.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The mafia is just very passionate about video games

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Late to the status effect discussion, but it was a lot of fun how it worked in Trails of Cold Steel, where you are more or less pushed into putting status-effecting quartz (most famous Delay to prevent the enemy from getting any turns) on all your physical attackers because of their quartz line setup. This doesn't necessarily make them work better, but by virtue of having so many on so many attackers who attack so frequently, even with a low % you end up nailing a ton of mobs and even bosses with an array of debuffs that help out a ton.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

FirstAidKite posted:

drat that's a nice-looking book.
Go big or go home. :colbert:
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Aub...JPY4JBWZ2JDWG05

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

StrixNebulosa posted:

I love how amazingly cheap physical books are now so long as you don't mind buying them used and/or waiting a couple of weeks for them to arrive. It's rad as hell that I can look up almost any book on Amazon and be able to buy it for 99 cents, and half the time I forget I bought the drat thing so when it shows up in my mailbox it's like a present from Dying Media Format Santa Claus.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cool, so people writing Keyanu Keys from Keysville in appropriate boxes is security now. How will G2A be verifying any of this exactly?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Palpek posted:

Cool, so people writing Keyanu Keys from Keysville in appropriate boxes is security now. How will G2A be verifying any of this exactly?

Thru words of honor. :angel:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

CJacobs posted:

Any video game that lets you play as pyramid head is a good video game in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKG7o9hntg

My favorite part is that like every game that includes the guy just plops him in completely as-is, blood, rust, angry groaning and all. :allears:

My favourite part is how they don't show the powers each character has.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I tried the Trails of game up on PS Now and bounced right off. Is there a particularly good place to start with that series?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I tried the Trails of game up on PS Now and bounced right off. Is there a particularly good place to start with that series?
The first one, Trails in the Sky. Sky is a trilogy consisting of that game, SC, and the 3rd, and it's really not possible to skip any of them because it's a connected/episodically-told story and the story/cast owns a lot. The Sky games are slightly dated but the gameplay is still very solid, especially if you play on Steam with cheatengine to speed it up. Worth noting that you literally cannot play the 3rd on a Vita/PSP because Xseed didn't bother to release it there (because why would they in 2017). As an obligatory heads up, the first Sky game is notoriously a slow burn that spends a lot of time on world building, but it's definitely worth it in the end.

Alternatively the Cold Steel games on PS Vita/PS3, which are also excellent and though they take place in the same world/timeline they are self-contained enough that starting there would not leave you lost. I'd still start with the Sky games, though.

E: I have no idea what Trails game was on PS Now that you bounced off of, though I'm assuming it was Cold Steel 1.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 29, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

The used hardback copies I saw ranged from 8 to 17 dollars and I saw on another site they had a used hardback for 4 bucks and 4 bucks is about what I'd feel comfortable paying for it given this is KCB's amazon gift credit, not mine, so I'd rather not spend too much of it on just one book.

Hahaha yeah I saw that, fuuuuuuck. 200 bucks for the complete set, jesus christ. I mean, that would factor out to be about 10 bucks a book but still.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hi everyone here's a cat in a tank what's your favorite tank game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

rip

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

idk I think I only played that choroQ tank game where you can eventually make your tank fly and shoot lasers.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I like siege tanks in Starcraft.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

FirstAidKite posted:

Hahaha yeah I saw that, fuuuuuuck. 200 bucks for the complete set, jesus christ. I mean, that would factor out to be about 10 bucks a book but still.

Depending on your nautical term knowledge (and your love for the series) you may want to check this out; I don't have it myself but I've seen it recommended quite a few times:

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Words-Third-Companion-Seafaring/dp/0805066152/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498748682&sr=8-1&keywords=a+sea+of+words

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Haven't played a whole lot of games that are primarily about tanks so I guess rocket slime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Death Tank

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's also

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Panzer Elite Action is a great arcade tank game.

Serious answer though: Scorched Earth.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjV7VFy8spU&t=21s

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when i was a kid i had some rts where you would pick up tank parts and stack them to make tanks. and there were sheep you would put on a treadmill to power a giant recycling thing ?? it probably wasn't very good

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379980/Panzermadels_Tank_Dating_Simulator/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG18hZYEBj0

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it was called Tanktics

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the closest thing i can think of to ever playing a tank game was mechwarrior living legends, which had tanks

or maybe red orchestra but i did not like those tanks

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
My favourite game that includes a tank is prolly metal gear solid.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm more of a mech person.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Isn't a mech just a walking tank

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if you're some plebe, maybe

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't a mech just a walking tank

Yeah but I'm going for the tank that heya nuked by a dude with pineapples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

Depending on your nautical term knowledge (and your love for the series) you may want to check this out; I don't have it myself but I've seen it recommended quite a few times:

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Words-Third-Companion-Seafaring/dp/0805066152/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498748682&sr=8-1&keywords=a+sea+of+words

I like that stuff like this exists. I'm not super well versed in nautical terminology, but I think I know enough to get by.

I've just always wanted to read the aubrey-maturin books. I like sea stuff from that time period.

• Locked thread