Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Minidust posted:

Am I the only loser here who opted for a refund? I mean, I never really wanted a vinyl in the first place, but it was the only way to get Deviations.
Anyway, mine just processed, so heads up for anyone else who went that route!

I got one this morning too. Since ordering last year, I've been working on getting rid of stuff and this just seemed like more stuff, as cool as it is. I also don't need a hoodie anymore either, now that it's getting to be summer. I'll probably try ordering one again in the fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Minidust posted:

Am I the only loser here who opted for a refund? I mean, I never really wanted a vinyl in the first place, but it was the only way to get Deviations.
Anyway, mine just processed, so heads up for anyone else who went that route!

No, that's exactly what I did, I was just planning on reselling the vinyl anyway since all I was interested in was the digital copy.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I'm not that upset because the band copped to issues and hooked the fans up. A "hey, we hosed up and are gonna fix it" counts for a hell of a lot rather than trying to obfuscate the truth. And Trent's owning up to it pretty well.

I remember as a teen I ordered a copy of PT Grimm's "Songs to Amputate Your Face To" and like two months later, emailing their frontman wondering where my CD was. He told me they had issues with the pressing company, he's super sorry, and a few weeks later I got my album plus a bonus CD entitled "Bonus songs because we suck and took like a thousand years for our orders" or something along those lines, with super early cuts of songs that popped up on later EPs (plus one track just loving around with Mindless Self Indulgence, their local buddies who had just made it big). That kinda poo poo was really cool.

Now my hopes are up because Trent's self-deprecating humor and love of loving with anyone who impedes his ideas with his music. Not that the drama with TVT is equivalent with some late LPs, but I'm always front row for the Reznor vs Label show because it's honestly resulted in some of his best albums.

Minus The Fragile, which is his best album ever and I'll fight you :mad:

Wild T fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 13, 2017

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah I'm fine with waiting. Honestly it just puts off me having to get a bigger shelf for a few more months. And I'll use my 20% thing on With_a_Teeth_uh, Year Zero, and Quake as soon as they're up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NIN posted this on their Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial/videos/10155559367503933/

Looks like Trent's gonna be in an HBO music doc premiering in July.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

They pretty much just had a music video for "she's gone away" on the new twin peaks episode. They played the entire song. I didn't realize Mariqueen did backing vocals on that track.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

AFewBricksShy posted:

They pretty much just had a music video for "she's gone away" on the new twin peaks episode. They played the entire song. I didn't realize Mariqueen did backing vocals on that track.
Yep! She was credited on the EP.

Lineup from the credits:

"The" Nine Inch Nails
Trent Reznor
Atticus Ross
Mariqueen Maandig Reznor
Robin Finck
Alessandro Cortini
Joey Castillo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was wondering where I'd heard the name Joey Castillo before and apparently he's the drummer from Danzig, Eagles of Death Metal and Queens of the Stone Age. Niiiiiiiiiice. Maybe he'll be joining the live band later this year?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Love you lynch goddamn

E: https://youtu.be/QczxCxFRUf0

Link to the performance

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 26, 2017

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I was wondering where I'd heard the name Joey Castillo before and apparently he's the drummer from Danzig, Eagles of Death Metal and Queens of the Stone Age. Niiiiiiiiiice. Maybe he'll be joining the live band later this year?

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/844187123460710400

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh yeah. Would this just be a one-off for a TV show then? Maybe Joey Castillo is a big David Lynch fan or something.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Oh yeah. Would this just be a one-off for a TV show then? Maybe Joey Castillo is a big David Lynch fan or something.

no. this probably means ilan had some other commitments. Joey is about to go on tour with QOTSA

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, goddamn people work fast.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Why are they called that on the show?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Why are they called that on the show?

I'm gonna assume you've never seen something by david lynch

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
Just got an email confirming shipment of The Fragile: Deviations 1 2017 Limited Edition vinyl. That seems like a fairly quick turn around after sending out all the sorry we hosed up discounts.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Just got my delivery confirmation too. (Although I forgot to change my address since I moved a few weeks ago.)

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm gonna assume you've never seen something by david lynch

No, you're right. Dumb question since I've seen plenty of his work. I might as well have asked why the woman was in the radiator.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

No, you're right. Dumb question since I've seen plenty of his work. I might as well have asked why the woman was in the radiator.

It was an old guy who works at the roadhouse introducing them. He just got their name wrong in a deceivingly funny way.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

no. this probably means ilan had some other commitments. Joey is about to go on tour with QOTSA

Unless something changed really recently, Joey hasn't been part of QOTSA since 2012 or so. Uh, to keep things T-Rez related, have some Era Vulgaris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CwKplZn11A

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

NuclearPotato posted:

Unless something changed really recently, Joey hasn't been part of QOTSA since 2012 or so. Uh, to keep things T-Rez related, have some Era Vulgaris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CwKplZn11A

Ah I confused his name withh their other drummer. Both start with a J :downs:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ah I confused his name withh their other drummer. Both start with a J :downs:

Well it wasn't that long ago. He left during the sessions for their last album and is still on a few of those tracks. Which is why some tracks have him, some have Dave Grohl, and one has John Theodore.

And we all know who else was on that album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xk0V_s-ThQ

( 1:23 and 3:40 )

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
Deviations 1 has finally arrived. Here in Connecticut.

jtr fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 29, 2017

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

lol at the fragile sticker

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
It doesn't see it's beauty.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

jtr posted:

Deviations 1 has finally arrived. Here in Connecticut.

Someone tell me I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten a shipping notice even.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV5S7j4gKx5/

ilanrubin posted:

NIN'ing
:dance:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Got my Deviations set today but didn't have time to crack it open before work.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm excited for the new EP which we'll hopefully get before the end of July. I wouldn't mind more of the same but for some reason I think they'll go for something different than the last one.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I'm disappointed at the lack of booklet with Deviations. 80 bucks is steep for such barebones packaging.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm disappointed at the lack of booklet with Deviations. 80 bucks is steep for such barebones packaging.

Yeah this really surprised me.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Getting Deviations 1 delivered today. You know what else today is?

My birthday :c00l:

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Leon Einstein posted:

I was more disappointed in the mailer packaging. I mean almost everyone uses frustration-free packaging to ship vinyl in now - right? Mine looks like it was dropped out of the sky. The sleeve corner was crushed. Considering the weight (not to mention the $80 price), I'd expect them to use a heavy duty shipping package.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I was more disappointed in the mailer packaging. I mean almost everyone uses frustration-free packaging to ship vinyl in now - right? Mine looks like it was dropped out of the sky. The sleeve corner was crushed. Considering the weight (not to mention the $80 price), I'd expect them to use a heavy duty shipping package.

Mine is damaged too. They really dropped the ball with this. Trent talks about the experience of an album, and then he releases this months overdue with no booklet and damaged packaging. I'd be disappointed if I spent 40 bucks, let alone 80.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Would you say that it's damaged or only... somewhat damaged?

:haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Would you say that it's damaged or only... somewhat damaged?

:haw:
I'm looking forward to joining you in the returns department, finally

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Can I ask you something?

What did you expect?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I'm looking forward to joining you in the returns department, finally

You know this what it feels like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
All the mail is all lined up. They shipped you all that you want. Take the tab and peel it back but don't you wish it was packed better?