Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

His achilles may be damaged
I guess we'll see in his years and dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I kind of wish Bogut had still been on the Warriors for the awkwardness of him visiting the White House alone

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
respect I guess portland does have some sense in their heads
https://twitter.com/CJMcCollum/status/879871326533685248
sorry tho I can never root for the team until they become the jailblazers again. where the gently caress is Mighty Mouse rn? Used to be one of my faves as a kid

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/iamjoonlee/status/880462413392486401

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'm really sad Butler didn't pull a monster prank and give out like Wade or Paxsons number instead of his own.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/880467132206661632

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Jota posted:

I'm really sad Butler didn't pull a monster prank and give out like Wade or Paxsons number instead of his own.

That would not have been an Alpha move, jbutler is not a merry prankster he's a face-up, squared-shoulders Alpha

This made me realize I'd never seen Sam Presti before. Not quite what I imagined. He does look like an rear end in a top hat though

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
He's got a very punchable face.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Do any of these candidates want to go to the Knicks, or...?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Don't do this to my friend Metapod

pubic works project posted:

He's got a very punchable face.

He just looks like a geek, you need to CHILL OUT

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's the first time I've ever seen Sam presti

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sam is a beautiful man who is not retarded enough to go to the Knicks

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

Just a rumor rn but I've heard the Knicks want Popovich w/ Kerr coaching

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Don't do this to my friend Metapod

He just looks like a geek, you need to CHILL OUT

I punch geeks for a living sir!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

Just a rumor rn but I've heard the Knicks want Popovich w/ Kerr coaching

Yeah, no joke. I mean, Masai and Presti seem to have pretty good positions and I would be surprised if they were in a hurry to join a FO that has been cycling GMs out. The Knicks have had 6 different GMs in the last 10 years (or I guess 5 if you don't count Mills as interim, but he's likely to be steering the ship for FA).

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yeah he's pmuch just a spoilt little poo poo, but is a far cry from owners like Mickey "Apartheid" Arison or Dan "Debt Slavery" Gilbert.

what

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
all owners are bad ^
Just get Hinkie for christsakes

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Clay Bennett won't have any of it.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ammanas posted:

This made me realize I'd never seen Sam Presti before. Not quite what I imagined. He does look like an rear end in a top hat though

I guess I always imagined the italian chef from the pizza boxes

Lockback posted:

I'm assuming the main condition for hiring a new Knicks GM is they have to agree not to say a word about buying out Melo, ie the thing any sensible GM should immediately push for. Jackson's prestige allowed him a lot more autonomy than the next guy is going to have.

Their next hire will be either a sycophant or an idiot, or perhaps a two-way guy capable of both.

Go Nets

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dolan is asking a bunch of guys who will turn him down, forcing him to settle for Isiah

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Looks like the Knicks don't think they'll get Masai now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

all owners are bad ^
Just get Hinkie for christsakes

I don't want to subject Hinkie to the Knicks

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

what do you mean what

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/880448388189351941

God-dang that's good value for Kilpatrick

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Remember when the only thing that soured a Cam Payne for Rudy Gay deal was Payne broke his foot? (then Gay got hurt later and everyone was "Yessss!")

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

dokmo posted:

To be fair, the Rockets weren't in a good position because everyone thought they had to move him, and no Western Conference team wants to make it easy for a rival to assemble a super team.

Why did everyone think they had to move Anderson? Nonguaranteed contracts are pretty easy to find.

I think most teams just wanted to avoid having to sell fans on Ryan Anderson being their big summer acquisition. They were probably thinking that going for Millsap or JJ and striking out would be preferable.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I would also be fine with Rudy Gay joining the Thunder

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

pubic works project posted:

I don't want to subject Hinkie to the Knicks

The HOW DARE HE DO THIS TO THE SPORT outrage from folks who have no idea what they're talking about would be a hundred times worse. NY media is pure hatred. Stephen A Smith would blow out his vocal cords during week two

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wait, what exactly are the Thunder offering? The MLE?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Wait, what exactly are the Thunder offering? The MLE?

Free braums

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm actually in on Derrick Rose joining the Spurs if Metapod is actually in on Rudy Gay joining the Thunder
basketball suicide pact

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

Free braums

This is blatant tampering and under-the-table dealing and it is not allowed in the NBA

The Twolves did it and they rightfully forfeited several years of first round picks

The Nets did it taking Kirilenko from the TWolves and they also lost several years of first round picks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Metapod posted:

Free braums

If it includes drive thru groceries and not just burgers/ice cream I don't see how he could pass that up.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
In 34.5 hours all hell will have broken loose

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/status/880477504724774913

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm actually in on Derrick Rose joining the Spurs if Metapod is actually in on Rudy Gay joining the Thunder
basketball suicide pact

LET'S DO THIS *walks to kitchen to make the koolaid*

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

in this world the rockets grab melo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/6/29/15893266/tim-duncan-former-financial-adviser-sentenced-four-years-prison

Tim Duncan posted:

"My biggest fear is that you will give him a sentence that will allow him to go out into the world and tell everyone, as he has continued to do since his guilty plea, that he did not do anything wrong and he proves by having very little to no jail time.

"I respectfully ask you, do not do that. I promise you, that if he has any excuse to get back into this line of business, he will be out hustling and doing the same to others.

"I see lots of kids who come into professional sports and end up losing most of the money they earn to someone like Banks.

"Judge Biery, you may not understand how difficult it is for me to be in the public light in this horrible way— as the poster child for a dumb athlete whose financial adviser took his money."

quote:

Biery expressed umbrage repeatedly that so many in Banks' camp appeared either unaware or unconcerned about the harms Banks caused...he held up a letter Banks' mother had sent him and waved it from the bench.

"I understand that mothers think their sons can do no wrong, but it concerns me … that she's very disappointed the way the legal system works … as it was never proven that there were any damages or anything wrong done to Mr. Duncan...Now, where does she get that idea?

... Well, I want to make sure that...if you want to withdraw your plea, I certainly have the power to let you do that and we'll let your mother come and watch the government prove not only this count, but prove everything else against you," the judge continued. "Now, do you want to do that?"

"No, sir," replied Banks
now we just need to bring Andrew Bogut & the war criminal known as "Zaza Pachulia" to justice

Metapod posted:

whoever is least satisfied by midseason has to say one nice thing about the golden state warriors

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Danny has some of his Boston media goons reporting that they're waiting on hearing back from Pritchard but the current demand for PG is too unreasonable, which means the trade is still in the works and Danny's trying to drive down the price. All is right and normal in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

In 34.5 hours all hell will have broken loose

Nerlens about to get the big bucks.

Time posted:

in this world the rockets grab melo
I hope. I want to see Melo on a good team and PG in Cleveland.

Fully expecting him to be injured again. Let's hope I'm wrong.

• Locked thread