Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Manticore posted:

Arrrre you talking about Nine Parchments?

diabo 3 when blizz, DO IT

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Help me Nintendo Switch thread, was there a 1st-person action RPG indie game announced for the Switch, or did I see that in a fever dream? I remember it having somewhat cartoony visuals but I can't find it for the life of me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coming 2017!! :oh:

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
why is CaveStory+ not out on the EU eshop? I understand why there may be delay on a physical release but why digitally (its not like they need to translate it, its obviously at least available in English)?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well remarkably English speaking countries are not the only ones in Europe

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Might be a certification thing, or a publisher thing (even for the eShop it still needs Nicalis to "publish" it in EU afaik).

You could create a US account and buy it on the US eShop if you don't want to wait.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't have any need to play multiple Warriors games but I liked what they did with the Zelda license (characters, movesets, music) that I'd buy Hyrule Warriors with all the cool 3ds content that didn't need to be played on a 3ds.

HW Impa is the best Impa. Movesets like the gauntlets and spinner own. I'd like to try stuff like Linkle and Skull Kid and Tetra and poo poo. I think they're all Wii U dlc but you don't actually get their content and maps, right?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wandle Cax posted:

I'd see a doctor if i were you

He consumes too many energy drinks.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 29, 2017

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

diabo 3 when blizz, DO IT

:69snypa:

Oh god this would be amazing now I want this

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Toot toot, time to play some MAGICAL loving DROP.

Or play the superior puzzle game, Puyo Tetris. I love my dead gay puzzle machine.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Apparently Super Bomberman R is going on sale in PAL region from 1st-8th July, it'll be £/€29.99

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i know the switch is a handheld but im nervous taking it places on account of the screen scratching issues

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ostentatious posted:

i know the switch is a handheld but im nervous taking it places on account of the screen scratching issues

just don't scratch it, you'll be fine

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

my fingers are butterknives how fucjing dare you

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

Glass screen protectors cost $9 for a 2-pack. Go in your bathroom and make it steamy in there with your shower, this is the suggested area for applying protectors as the steam will cut down the dust.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Get the glass protector. It's perfect in every way

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ostentatious posted:

I toss my Switch in a backpack with screwdrivers and a pyrex food container and various switch accessories, then I bike ~12 miles to work. Or I literally throw the backpack in the passenger seat of my car if I'm driving. Use the thing more days than not, still no scratches on the unprotected screen.

Granted, I don't have the screwdrivers in the same pouch as the Switch, but the thing's proved pretty hardy thus far.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Don’t get a screen protector, just get a case for it so it’s covered when you’re not using it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Get both and sleep like a baby

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Would you say it would be perfect on the Switch?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Pro controller first charge is 6 hrs or is that if it's completely dead? It kinda feels like a dreamcast controller crossed with 360.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

AmFilm is a good brand if you're not sure what to go with.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Namco Museum confirmed for July 28th. Was this known?

They should have tried to get it out earlier, sales will probably be lower than they would have two weeks earlier on account of Splatoon.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Tempura Wizard posted:

Namco Museum confirmed for July 28th. Was this known?

They should have tried to get it out earlier, sales will probably be lower than they would have two weeks earlier on account of Splatoon.

I guess not. What was known recently was that Pacman VS is included with the pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3QVLraTKt0

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It requires two Switch consoles to play 4 player. A big ol pass.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well remarkably English speaking countries are not the only ones in Europe
Seeing as how Nintendo already does discriminate between languages in Europe, its not inconceivable they could release it with what they have now and then put in other languages. The product itself is effectively ready to play.

Remarkably I purchased my Switch in a non-English speaking country and yet can wonder such things.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Since the switch isn't region locked and buying from the NA eshop is really easy I don't really care about PAL release fuckery anymore

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I should get around to making a US account so I can buy PPT for not a stupid amount of money.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't keep a balance in my account so I'm just going to do the region-change trick when I want to buy something outside of NA. I don't want to have the hassle of having four or five accounts.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Martytoof posted:

I don't keep a balance in my account so I'm just going to do the region-change trick when I want to buy something outside of NA. I don't want to have the hassle of having four or five accounts.

Wait, nintendo literally takes your money if you happen to click a small innocuous thing on your account?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Who do I tweet to get the Seiken Denistu collection in English?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow225 posted:

God

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I keep my Switch in a running rock tumbler full of barbed wire scraps and it hasn't scratched yet

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

You'll have to go back in time and kill mobile gaming and the World of Mana project.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

I keep my Switch in a running rock tumbler full of barbed wire scraps and it hasn't scratched yet

Sounds like you need a better rock tumbler.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I had my Switch coated in spray-on truck bed liner.

It overheats after 30 minutes and I can't see the screen, but this gives me and my family the kind of peace of mind that we need in this unpredictable, frightening world we live in.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I had my Switch coated in spray-on truck bed liner.

It overheats after 30 minutes and I can't see the screen, but this gives me and my family the kind of peace of mind that we need in this unpredictable, frightening world we live in.

The guy who figures out hunting camo spray in bed liner is gonna be rich as gently caress

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
You like leaked Nintendo SDK documents from late 2016? Well, Eurogamer took a looksie.

Nintendo posted:

In the future, we plan to provide a feature to transfer account save data among multiple consoles. As a result, there is the possibility that user accounts with uninitialized account save data will be added. Note that your design must work without issue, even in this case.

We are considering a feature in the future (tentative name: Guest Login) to access existing network service account information without linking to a user account. This feature would allow temporary access to the network service account linked to the Nintendo Account by logging in to the Nintendo Account within the application. This feature would, for example, make it possible to upload a character you have raised as online data and then use that data on a friend's NX (without creating a user account).
We do not plan to provide this feature for the NX launch.

We can at least say Nintendo planned the save backup system at one point. That Guest Login system sounds nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Everyone should buy a screen protector for their Switch. And also a fanny pack and pocket protector too.

• Locked thread