Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Jeremy Corbyn would have won a larger plurality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/PidcockNWDurham/status/880065802443132928

h*ck yes

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

exmarx posted:

just realised it's probably rude to post Gerry Adams in the team GB election thread
He's a British citizen running a UK party, it's fine.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Jeremy

Corbyn

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Rhukatah posted:

The Daily Mail is funnier than The Onion.

There's a UK onion site called the Daily Mash and I went to it once and the URL had autocorrected to the daily mail instead and I thought they'd just updated the look of the site and gone for a different style of satire.
It took me about 5 mins of browsing around and laughing at the absurdist articles before I realised.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

MikeCrotch posted:

A bunch of brit goons were explaining the concept of the TV License while playing EVE, the reaction of yanks to the fact we have a TV tax is always amazing

Americans understand being taxed but when you get to the vans that drive around detecting televisions yeah it blows our minds

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

hakimashou posted:

If britain had a real terrorist problem they'd be out setting all the buildings on fire.

terrorists really are under achievers

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I enjoy that england has subs for english people since no one can understand them

but I really prefer the dubs

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Rastor posted:

Americans understand being taxed but when you get to the vans that drive around detecting televisions yeah it blows our minds

The vans don't actually detect televisions :ssh:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

I enjoy that england has subs for english people since no one can understand them

but I really prefer the dubs

https://twitter.com/Swagkage/status/880083395040116737

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

man i feel extremely jealous of uk politics atm. the lefts rise has been amazing

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

MikeCrotch posted:

A bunch of brit goons were explaining the concept of the TV License while playing EVE, the reaction of yanks to the fact we have a TV tax is always amazing

You should see how we freak out whenever a Canadian mentions how they sell milk in bags up there.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I'm glad there is a clear group ready to take up the torch when Jezza is done

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40434741‬

no Grendell death toll expected this year

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Its nice to see some normal humans making it into the House, its always sad though when the camera pans back and absolutely gently caress all people bothered to turn up.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40434741‬

no Grendell death toll expected this year

Its funny, I've completely U-turned on this being a cover up, it blatantly loving is at this point.

Every now and then the incompetence of the UK establishment takes my breath away. If they'd have talked to the residents and got them resettled sharpish and fired some scapegoats this would all simmer down. Instead they're just runnning the same tired, "We don't give a poo poo, paups," procedure everyone is sick of by now.
I guess the Tories are hoping it blows over after a 10 year inquiry or that it all becomes May's fault.

Its very fun to see the Tory invulnerable armour come off all at once and now everything they do is a collosal fuckup. The one thing the Tories are good at is playing politics and they seem to have forgotten how.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
my condolences to the british people on the loss of their jeremy corbyn sex dwarf

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You should see how we freak out whenever a Canadian mentions how they sell milk in bags up there.

In Britain milk comes in the same containers as the US!!!

makes u think

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:yikes:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

my condolences to the british people on the loss of their jeremy corbyn sex dwarf
he'll be back just like the gordon ramsay sex dwarf

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Hahaha, the tories have banned Grenfell survivors from attending their meetings on the disaster, what a loving pack of myopic dipshits.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Hahaha, the tories have banned Grenfell survivors from attending their meetings on the disaster, what a loving pack of myopic dipshits.

there is something much deeper going on, and if there isn't the tories aren't doing a great job of convincing people otherwise

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Nonsense posted:

there is something much deeper going on, and if there isn't the tories aren't doing a great job of convincing people otherwise

I think it's that their flailing morons who don't know how to do anything really.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I think it's that their flailing morons who don't know how to do anything really.

I think it is this combined with the fact the British standard protocols for this stuff is to cover it up and protect everyone important until 20 years have past. We have never had aspirations of transparency ever or even thought it was valued.
They're doing what they are meant to be doing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

consumed by normies posted:

man i feel extremely jealous of uk politics atm. the lefts rise has been amazing
the tories selling out their own intelligence apparatus to the russians also might have something to do with it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JackHardy9/stat...D674%23lastpost

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ConnorGillies/s...D674%23lastpost

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Amazing. Amazing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:jackbud:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

The stones on that rear end in a top hat, claiming that they can't have an open discussion if anyone else is allowed to speak or even be in the room.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

we had milk bags at my public school in california for awhile

hosed up stuff.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

every hollywood movie should star an imperious english ponce as the primary villain, IMO

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Aw yeah that's the good stuff

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Lawman 0 posted:

Aw yeah that's the good stuff

https://twitter.com/n_srnck/status/880137676799791104

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/GerryAdamsSF/status/880513676121329664

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wee gargoyles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRVRYb98brQ

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

do you even get anything out of it. like less ads or something

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

babypolis posted:

do you even get anything out of it. like less ads or something

The BBC doesn't have adverts.

Well, they advertise other BBC programs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

nopantsjack posted:

Its funny, I've completely U-turned on this being a cover up, it blatantly loving is at this point.

Every now and then the incompetence of the UK establishment takes my breath away. If they'd have talked to the residents and got them resettled sharpish and fired some scapegoats this would all simmer down. Instead they're just runnning the same tired, "We don't give a poo poo, paups," procedure everyone is sick of by now.
I guess the Tories are hoping it blows over after a 10 year inquiry or that it all becomes May's fault.

Its very fun to see the Tory invulnerable armour come off all at once and now everything they do is a collosal fuckup. The one thing the Tories are good at is playing politics and they seem to have forgotten how.

I've gone the other way. if this were a coverup you'd want it out the news ASAP. This means we're going to get a constant trickle of increasing number of deaths for the foreseeable future. It's going to constantly go back into the press and every time it's going to look worse. If you were going to cover it up, you'd throw a number out at the start then make sure no one ever publicly talked about it again when they didn't have to.