Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Does the stream keep cutting out for anyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Thankfully Ohno's music hit before a "PREASE" chant really broke out

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Florida

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
gently caress Full Sail for their lovely reactions to this incredible match.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nikki is everything I ever wanted in a psycho ex girlfriend.

What a great, brutal match.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Great match, i'm going to miss Nikki Cross, who is dead now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VJeff posted:

gently caress Full Sail for their lovely reactions to this incredible match.
There is the excuse "Oh it was the last match of that taping", but gently caress that I've seen crowds stay hot throughout a 5 hour taping.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

There is the excuse "Oh it was the last match of that taping", but gently caress that I've seen crowds stay hot throughout a 5 hour taping.

They die a lot at the end of the tapings lately and it really bothers me. Same thing happened last week with Aleister vs. Ohno which was ANOTHER awesome match!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I feel like full sail has just been kind of bad lately. Like they were always obnoxious but at least they had energy. Now they are getting dead more often.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I don't get the turn on him, personally. We were understanding when he wasn't strong enough to deal with JBL and what seemed a whole lot like his usual poo poo, but expect him to be strong enough to stand for this or that undefined principle?
Getting paid by the people who hosed you up and not having to deal with the environment that hosed you up is the dream, really. He struck gold.

Basic Chunnel posted:

1. Hideo / Lorcan just gets stiffer with every iteration, by match 5 somebody's gonna bring a gun

2. They had a Great Balls of Fire (god that name) ad where the audio was all about Joe / Lesnar but the visuals were all Reigns / Stroman?
The string of luck Hideo has had in NXT shouldn't surprise him at this point, he was probably better off getting dropped on his head in Japan

achillesforever6 posted:

It's basically the "Crucial Crew" from TNA so what do you expect

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 29, 2017

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
That match was loving excellent. I love Nikki but if Asuka keeps the belt for eternity I don't even care.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Accident Underwater posted:

That match was loving excellent. I love Nikki but if Asuka keeps the belt for eternity I don't even care.
Asuka is so head and shoulders better than anyone in the WWE right now as far as character work and wrestling ability goes it's not even funny, but once they start bringing in Hojo and Shirai Asuka's going to be the one tailing behind.

Hojo can play the sympathetic babyface even better than Bayley in NXT did and Io Shirai is just the total package as far as a wrestler goes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is it just me or did Nikki kill her finish utterly in that match? She hit like 100 of them and got a near fall...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Is it just me or did Nikki kill her finish utterly in that match? She hit like 100 of them and got a near fall...
She has a kinda brawler style which is less about hitting the finisher and more about just beating the poo poo out of her opponent, so I'm not too worried about her finish. If Asuka wasn't in NXT she'd probably be in Asuka's position.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

Count of 9 is three pinfalls. :colbert:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEAleister/status/880233705935122432 https://twitter.com/WWEAleister/status/880234033317367809 https://twitter.com/KillianDain/status/880230694013849600 https://twitter.com/DMcIntyreWWE/status/880229581382463488

Really proud of Nikki Cross as on the indies she was known as a chickenshit comedy heel now she's a little monster. Thought Ember Moon and Billie Kay's transition would be WAY more automatic than it has been. Cross reinventing herself as an offensive wrestler is SO under-discussed. Nikki could EASILY rest on being the most backfoot of backfoot wrestlers but she didn't instead she took an opening and scored in a big way.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NXT must have soured on her when they realized how unnaturally bad she is at talking in front of a camera. I had a lot of hopes for her too, she was my rookie of the year when she had her debut and I had a lot of hopes coming into NXT but see her fumbling to cut a promo just makes me feel embarrassed for her. I used to think she'd be the one to take the title from Asuka but now I think it'd be a huge letdown.

e: Ember Moon

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Even if that injury wasn't legit the booking around Moon has not served her well at all.

That said she's still a good worker and I wouldn't put it past her to bring out the big guns for Brooklyn. I'm hoping she does, I was there for her debut and I'll be there to see her go for the strap.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think they lost the plot with Ember when they tried making her a generic "nice" babyface.

Think about what happened to her. She had Asuka beat at Orlando, before Asuka blatantly cheated to keep the title. She had control in a No. 1 contender battle royale, before Asuka ran in and injured her, taking her out of a title shot. Shouldn't Ember be pissed the gently caress off, vowing to destroy Asuka for screwing her multiple times? Give me some righteous babyface fire swearing revenge for all the wrongs.

Instead of ... any of that, we got like 2 months of Ember putting on her best Bayley face and being all sad about not "being able to compete," with limp half-assed declarations of "I'll be back soon." It completely took the heat out of that story and made Ember look like a goof.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Have they really named Velveteen Dream's (still a bad wrestler name) finisher "the Velveteen rainmaker"? What a poo poo name, and does anyone really think his elbow drop is going to be what people think when they hear rainmaker?

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 29, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

I think they lost the plot with Ember when they tried making her a generic "nice" babyface.

Think about what happened to her. She had Asuka beat at Orlando, before Asuka blatantly cheated to keep the title. She had control in a No. 1 contender battle royale, before Asuka ran in and injured her, taking her out of a title shot. Shouldn't Ember be pissed the gently caress off, vowing to destroy Asuka for screwing her multiple times? Give me some righteous babyface fire swearing revenge for all the wrongs.

Instead of ... any of that, we got like 2 months of Ember putting on her best Bayley face and being all sad about not "being able to compete," with limp half-assed declarations of "I'll be back soon." It completely took the heat out of that story and made Ember look like a goof.

Wow, you're absolutely right.

I was having a hard time putting my finger on it, but that's totally it. They didn't meaningfully follow up on that stuff at all.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Have they really named Velveteen Dream's (still a bad wrestler name) finisher "the Velveteen rainmaker"? What a poo poo name, and does anyone really think his elbow drop is going to be what people think when they hear rainmaker?
It's a wink to the album / song "Purple Rain" by Prince, the artist Velveteen Dream is based on

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Wazzu posted:

And why make his finisher an elbow drop when Kairi Hojo's on her way over?

e: I mean, it's not like only one wrestler's allowed to elbow drop, but it seems weird for that to be his thing so shortly before they bring in someone known for having one of the best.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 29, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am really looking forward to Hojo and Shirai coming over, because I love Asuka and want her to be Champion forever but I also want her to be cocky and arrogant and then freak the gently caress out when she sees they've followed her over from Japan :hellyeah:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Jerusalem posted:

I am really looking forward to Hojo and Shirai coming over, because I love Asuka and want her to be Champion forever but I also want her to be cocky and arrogant and then freak the gently caress out when she sees they've followed her over from Japan :hellyeah:

:same:

Or at least a partial Triple Tails reunion, assuming Asuka hasn't been moved up before Io gets to NXT.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Wazzu posted:

There's no way Prince's estate was going to sign off on 'Purple Rainmaker', so they went with its non-union Mexican equivalent.

The whole gimmick is trash and he isn't remotely close to making it work either sincerely or ironically, so it's fine, I doubt we'll be hearing about the 'velveteen rainmaker' very often or for very long.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I actually like Patrick Clark as a developmental prospect. He's got a good look and kinda knows what he's doing in the ring, his matches are rarely bad at this early stage. He has plenty of potential.

However, that potential won't be realized with this lame-rear end gimmick. The best thing they can do is take his commitment to character work and apply it to a gimmick that might actually get over.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
NXT women overshadow the main roster women once again. Asuka should never leave NXT. Imagine her on Raw lol

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
That was a drat good episode. Asukas the most legitimate champion in american wrestling right now and i sincerely hope she retires undefeated holding all three belts. Plus Roode/Strong next week and the battle of the beefy boys week after? Heck yeah.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Johnny Landmine posted:

:same:

Or at least a partial Triple Tails reunion, assuming Asuka hasn't been moved up before Io gets to NXT.

Given Io's neck injury, I'd say it's extremely likely that they miss each other entirely at this point, unfortunately. If she sticks around for a while, she might be able to have a match with Kairi, though.

pressedbunny posted:

There's no way Prince's estate was going to sign off on 'Purple Rainmaker', so they went with its non-union Mexican equivalent.

Triple H: "You listen here, Senor Velveteeno!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I though the Velveteen Rainmaker was just Mauro being Mauro and making an obtuse attempt at an Okada joke.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Benne posted:

I actually like Patrick Clark as a developmental prospect. He's got a good look and kinda knows what he's doing in the ring, his matches are rarely bad at this early stage. He has plenty of potential.

However, that potential won't be realized with this lame-rear end gimmick. The best thing they can do is take his commitment to character work and apply it to a gimmick that might actually get over.

Yeah, i feel bad for the guy.

He seems to be fairly solid in ring but the gimmick is bingo-hall as gently caress, in a bad way.

WWE really have a hard time deciding on decent gimmicks for black wrestlers. It's either wacky comedy character or the "gee, shucks i'm gonna go out there and do my very bestest" uber face.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

VJeff posted:

Given Io's neck injury, I'd say it's extremely likely that they miss each other entirely at this point, unfortunately. If she sticks around for a while, she might be able to have a match with Kairi, though.

Yeah my feeling was that the belt would be passed off to Ember and Asuka called up before the end of the tournament, at Brooklyn. That may still happen, but Ember is kinda stuck in the mud with booking right now. The division was already thin from callups, so by extending Asuka's reign so long, she has beat up everyone. There's no one for her to waste time with and the matches have been so good with Nikki that I'm not left hyped up for Ember-Asuka.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

NXT women overshadow the main roster women once again. Asuka should never leave NXT. Imagine her on Raw lol

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/880197410756190211 https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/880104604163166208

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Just got done watching NXT and man, that main event was something else. It wouldn't have been out of place on a Takeover card.

I was also pleased to see my favourite wrestling ghoul, Oney Lorcan get to beat up on a boring japanese man.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Johnny Landmine posted:

e: I mean, it's not like only one wrestler's allowed to elbow drop, but it seems weird for that to be his thing so shortly before they bring in someone known for having one of the best.

"Known"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Vince: How about a geisha gimmick?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
GUNNER https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/880580086923227139

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I got into wrestling during the peak of NXT, so I wasn't really aware of the dangers of WWE booking long term. It's frustrating but I can laugh about it for the most part. But if they call up Asuka and gently caress it up I'm out. So what I'm really saying is I have maybe a year left of watching the WWE product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when does Scultis Pawrul debut

• Locked thread