Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah he really should have a Photon Cannon build and a Gateway build, one defensive and one offensive. Keep the warp rift but replace the jank blow it up ability with Summon Gateway. Gateway's continuously warp in Zealots to help push. Make the turret hit like a truck but limit him to one. Make his attack the weak rear end probe electrocute from SC2 so the photon turret can do some damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Yeah, I wanted a probe to actually summon in units of some sort. Like make a pylon, make buildings near the pylon, and gather bits from minions and structures to make those buildings spawn things. They push hella hard and the ults summon like a colossus that wrecks faces or a mothership that has a cloak field.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I really like probius and think he's a good & fun hero to play.

Null gate is bad but most heroes only have one good ult so that's not really a probius thing and more a blizzard should stop making one ult overwhelmingly better in all situations thing.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Alpha Mayo posted:

I wish they'd redo Probius. He feels kind of half assed. His warp rifts/explosions doesn't fit him at all, I feel like they gave him it due to being unable to balance a more probe-like hero. And Null Gate is probably the worst ult in the game. I guess it looks cool but why a giant gate that slows, when he casts slow fields everywhere to start with?

Imagine if he had a push build where he could build a Gateway that spawned Zealots from minerals mined, or a Forge to give the team temporary buffs. You can get so creative with him and what we got is just a disappointment.

Really? Probius feels like a loving monster to me, I love playing him. Hell I just got mvp in a match we lost

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I almost Probius had a bigger attack range, that always throws me off. It's to the point that I feel more conformable just letting the combos and the cannon do the work.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Kai Tave posted:

I don't know if anyone's brought this up yet but they added jiggle physics to Tychus' gut with his new swimsuit skins that isn't there in his shirtless prisoner skins.

What is up with Tychus's gut, it looks like he had it cut open or something.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

AlmightyBob posted:

Really? Probius feels like a loving monster to me, I love playing him. Hell I just got mvp in a match we lost

I agree that he is a monster, he is actually my highest win% hero in QM. I just think he is lacking creativity. Maybe the SC1 remaster will give me my fix of probe harassing.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Spudd posted:

What is up with Tychus's gut, it looks like he had it cut open or something.

IIRC,back when they were both outlaws that went AWOL from their Dominion outfit, Raynor and Tychus got hemmed in by a battalion of police officers Ned Kelly-style and Tychus willingly charged into a hail of bullets to buy Raynor time to escape.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I am so sad they nerfed Tass' laser quest. It was so great in QM where people would underestimate it and by 20 you'd be strolling into fights and just melting squishy people + chipping down 2 others while walling off their escape and slowing them so the rest of your team can finish the job.

:rip:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

A different kind of youtube guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zYaR3-hlBs

Can you tell when a team can safely rush core?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So it's all but confirmed to be Stukov but then again claw marks on the Hanamura seal ended up being D.Va so get ready for a Defiler hero!

fake edit: or Kel'Thuzad with bird flu

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I can't tell if Blizzard are getting super subtle with their hints or people are reading too much into it, but a Blizz Mod on the forums noted that N-05-98-30 is related to the next character.

People are saying it means Mission 5 (where you meet Stukov) and November/1998/30 the day Starcraft: Brood War was released.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Alpha Mayo posted:

Technically couldn't walling your own teammate save them from Butcher's charge?

Depends on the terrain and on his approach. If Force Wall can fill his whole approach, Butcher won't be able to complete the charge. If it's like a diagonal one or it's impossible in a large lane to seal off the approach, then Butcher will automatically path around it but it will take him longer to do so and usually give you enough time to react.

Force Wall is really really really great against Butcher or any other melee characters who have to commit to engagements and don't have dash/teleport/leap escapes.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/880440735312379904

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

I think I agree with the guy above, this is way too subtle. Someone spell out for me what this means.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO5yk2DqCMk

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
it's a mislead for the surprise reveal of kloctus

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

oh look an undead/zerg ,.. guy? I just hope he is a support otherwise looks boring

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Probably means we'll be getting lovely lotv questioning his identity fenix soon enough as well, because no way they'd actually bother with Karax, Swann, or Voraszun before then.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

No Wave posted:

Probably means we'll be getting lovely lotv questioning his identity fenix soon enough as well, because no way they'd actually bother with Karax, Swann, or Voraszun before then.

> BUT WHAT AM I?
> I THINK I AM FENIX
> BUT I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND DO NOT SEE FENIX
> ARBITER, CAN A COMPUTER EXPRESS PHYSICAL LOVE?
> PLEASE CALL ME BY MY DIGITAL CHRISTIAN NAME NOW
> NAMASTE

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZSqLY708Ak

e: lol "I bring a new meaning to 'Zerg rushin'"

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 29, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I dimly remember brood war what is Stukov's deal now

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Stukov ultimate #1: Stukov can infest a minion to bring it under his control. 4 charges, 45 second cooldown.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Infesting a friendly or destroyed keep to make it spawn a bunch of terran-zergs could be cool

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

After brood war he got caught and experimented on by Narud and turned into whatever he is now.

EDIT: Guess reddit loves its lore enough to write more than one sentence https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6k95zd/character_lore_of_alexei_stukov/

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 29, 2017

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

skipThings posted:

oh look an undead/zerg ,.. guy? I just hope he is a support otherwise looks boring

That's a hot take my friend, I bet you're a cool dude

Stukov is a lot of fun in co-op mode I just hope he kinda resembles what he does there

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

One of two Terran Admirals sent to defend/cleanse the Zerg threat when they are first discovered.

They find a PSI Emitter and a guy named Duran (who is actually in league with the Xel'Naga - an ancient race that created the Zerg and Protoss and want to assimilate/destroy the universe) who seems to know a lot about the Zerg.

Duran tells them they need to destroy the PSI Disrupter.

The other Admiral with Stukov agrees and they set out to destroy it.

Stukov gets there first and disassembles it instead of destroying it.

Duran figures this out and tells the other Admiral that Stukov has betrayed him.

Stukov gets killed and as he is dying tells the other Admiral that the PSI Disrupter is key to defeating the Zerg. It can break their hivemind and turn them feral.

The other Admiral hesitates and decides to keep it.

They figure out that Duran has betrayed them.

They recover Stukov's body and give him a heroes funeral by shooting his coffin into space.

The Zerg recover Stukov's body, infest it, and resurrect him to provide them with information about the Terran.

Infested Stukov eventually gets captured and Raynor administers a prototype cure developed by The Protoss that destroys Zerg cells and preserves non-Zerg biomass (effectively curing Zerg infestation)

Stukov is cured and sent to the Mobius institute for study to develop a permanent cure for infestation.

The Mobius Institute is a front run by Duran (under a new identity) and they instead experiment on Stukov.

The Protoss cure turns out to be temporary and Stukov slowly becomes reinfested.

Kerrigan attacks the Mobius Institute when she figures out that it is a Xel'Naga front. Stukov joins her.

Stukov is half terran and half zerg and just wants to kill everyone who betrayed him.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 29, 2017

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

he's a handsome boy

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Dang y'all pay a lot more attention to vidya plots than me

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rufio posted:

Same

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Rufio posted:

It's either that or pay attention to life and that poo poo sucks more than blizzards plots

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Spudd posted:

It's either that or pay attention to life and that poo poo sucks more than blizzards plots

Wisdom.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Stukov is a zerg-infested russian dude with a hat and a coat. The coat is also zerg-infested.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
But not the hat?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Spudd posted:

Dire

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Gustav posted:

But not the hat?

The hat is too fancy to become infested.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
what if Metzen wrote my life

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rufio posted:

what if Metzen wrote my life

You would become corrupted, but ultimately redeem yourself.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Stukov is cool if he's a Abathur-esque support who heals you via unspeakable body horror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The Mobius Institute is a front run by Duran (under a new identity) and they instead experiment on Stukov.

Wasn't the new identity literally Narud? Diabolical.