Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
People speculating about Pelosi's nickname:

I can't predict what trump will address her at in his morning spew, but I guarantee he calls her some variation of 'oval office' in private. Maybe Cuntlosi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Welp, the White House is going all in on Mika :psyduck:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Of all the tweets I have encountered, his was the most... human

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
They're really trying to defend the tweets? Christ.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/880494665560141828

When the billionaire white man who is president gets treated unfairly, he's going to lash out.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Hucklefuck's daughter is really a delicate snowflake.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

No seriously, I have no idea where the Evangelion reference is.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Pollyanna posted:

https://youtu.be/WmmjuN6NRjw

Ritsuko Akagi: How’s it going? Are you getting along with him?
Misato Katsuragi: Him? Oh, Shinji. Well, it’s been two weeks since he started and he doesn’t seemed to have changed. No one ever calls him.
Ritsuko Akagi: Calls him where?
Misato Katsuragi: Well, since I figured he’d be needing one I gave him a cellular phone. I don’t think he’s ever used it though… or received any calls. I’m not sure but I don’t think he has any friends.
Ritsuko Akagi: Well I would guess that Shinji isn’t exactly the sort of person who makes friends easily.
Misato Katsuragi: Mmmhhmmm.
Ritsuko Akagi: Do you know the fable “The Hedgehog’s Dilemma?”
Misato Katsuragi: Hedgehog? You mean those animals with the spiny hair?
Ritsuko Akagi: Even though a hedgehog may want to become close with another hedgehog. The closer they get the more they injure each other with their spines.
Misato Katsuragi: Hmm.
Ritsuko Akagi: It’s the same with some humans. The reason he seems so withdrawn is because he’s afraid of being hurt.
Misato Katsuragi: Well, he’s… just… going to have to learn… someday…. That part of growing up means finding a way to interact with others while distancing pain.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

it's not cool to attack a woman for her looks but while chucklebee-sanders is defending it, let's remember shes 34. look how the admin is aging her. looks like she drank from the wrong grail

weird vanilla
Mar 20, 2002
When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry.

Pollyanna posted:

I think it's the tangential relationship to The Hedgehog's Dilemma.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/880495570888130560

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/880484037860540416

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
BOO HOO why are you all so mean to Dear Leader

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Grant's fondness for the bottle and depressive tendencies might have led him to some dark nights with Twitter, too.

I would love to see some historical Presidential tweets...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Uhhhhh...what

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/880495834076516352

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Hahaha this press conference owns.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
"They knew what they were getting when they voted for Donald Trump"

Yup. His voters are the lowest scum and we should never forget that.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
Why are people picking on the poor president of the united states :cry:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Hi guys! I just heard the news! Any statement from McCain on how disturbing all this is?

For semiseriousposting I'll echo others when I say I'm sure that the Rs turning on Tormp with the tweet as the nominal reason are actually doing so because they wanted to for awhile but this now gives them a relatively consequence-free opportunity.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

People have already said it the correct answer, but in our hearts we all know it's confirmation that the world will end with everyone turning into orange goop and being absorbed the the giant pale naked bloated corpse of Donald Trump.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
lol "why can't he take the heat"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

gently caress this.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Sarah: YES ANYTHING BUT TWITTER!!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/880485654035136512

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

mdemone posted:

Faulkner was truly great, and traditional hunting has its place, but I'm gonna go ahead and surmise that maybe it's not psychologically and developmentally optimal for 21st-century children in a post-industrial society to be killing animals and wearing their blood in an empty goddamn mimicry of a prehistoric pagan ritual.

Maybe that's just me. And I'm being serious when I say that. Maybe I'm the one who is not thinking broadly enough, and I accept that possibility.

Oh, I don't know either way. It just doesn't seem like a useful thing to focus on, because in that culture it's relatively normal, and it isn't obviously permanently harmful.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
someone use the sound bite "the president was attacked" in a movie plz

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I love the constant complaints about negative press about a President the country/world hates.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

New York Times White House correspondent, ex-POLITICO, ex-Newsday, ex-City Limits. MSNBC contributor. Managed a Carvel.

Oh man, is this a real thing that happened?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
why are you being so mean and talking about Russia

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God drat I think SHS might legitimately be even dumber than Sean Spicer. And I look forward to her personally calling me out and insulting me 10x harder at tomorrow's press conference because that's how poo poo works now I guess.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
How many minutes did Trump spend saying Obama was not born in the US?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The press is treating Sanders like a child right now. Jesus.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

At least she manages to look everybody she talks to the in eye. At once.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That's uhhhhh, that's not going to go over well.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

All I can take away from that is "Bend over baby, you're about to take another one in the rear end from the Trumparchy"

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

Which President prior to Trump would've been the most likely to fall into the Twitter Trap and constantly post inane and inflammatory comments?

At first I was going to say George W. Because I thought well he did have a tendency to just spout out nonsense. Then I thought wait, I highly doubt George W would even know how to use Twitter. So then I started thinking that if Twitter could be used by a president to cut through all the media and PR staff and talk directly to the people then that power doesn't necessarily have to be used for evil like we are seeing now. It's just that the unfortunate first real use of Twitter by a president is by Trump. And yes, Obama used Twitter but obviously it wasn't really Obama he was way too drat cautious to use it personally it was his staffers that were tweeting for him.

I could just see it now sometime in the future:

@Potus: (Al Franken?)"We did it folks, we put #bigpharma and #theinsurancelobby out of business and passed #medicareforall! F U McConnell!"

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
actually it's the Dems obstructing why we can't get our nominees into empty positions

NOW LET'S GO TO SKYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

lol that lovely Skype connection

• Locked thread