Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

EmmyOk posted:

One million year old near dead Whitebeard effortlessly crushed Akainu

And Akainu melted half his face off in return, and then climbed out of the hole and was all 'STRAAWWWW HAAAAAAT'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

And Akainu melted half his face off in return, and then climbed out of the hole and was all 'STRAAWWWW HAAAAAAT'

Didn't stop him though! And again that's when he'd already been stabbed through the chest and according to marco was totally hosed from his illness.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
where the hell has pudding been for like the past 5 chapters

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

anime was right posted:

where the hell has pudding been for like the past 5 chapters

She was last seen when Sanji caught Nami and ran to the castle with her last chapter. She appears for a shadowy panel looking kind of sad between two Nami/Sanji panels

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

EmmyOk posted:

She was last seen when Sanji caught Nami and ran to the castle with her last chapter. She appears for a shadowy panel looking kind of sad between two Nami/Sanji panels

oh right, i forgot about that panel.

theres too many characters this arc

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I don't care that much about Carrot and I don't get why I'm supposed to.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Every new chapter makes me like Bege more and more. Dude has his priorities figured out and can become a giant castle man. I can't wait for him to become the 10th straw hat

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EGSunBro posted:

Every new chapter makes me like Bege more and more. Dude has his priorities figured out and can become a giant castle man. I can't wait for him to become the 10th straw hat

Bege has one of my favourite reactions ever

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

As soon as Bege said he loved his family, Luffy charging to his rescue became a certainty.

sharktamer posted:

I don't care that much about Carrot and I don't get why I'm supposed to.

Ah, you're a Wanda man then. No-one's gonna judge you for that.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sanji's family don't stop being assholes but I like that even them can get sort of redeemed. It doesn't undo anything they did but it's something.

Also Bege (who also did some awful poo poo) owns, and Gastino consistently makes the best faces in this comic.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Why I love One Piece:

Everyone else: *spends the entire chapter concocting a plan to escape*

"Luffy, don't fight Big Mom!" "Okay"

Last panel: *Luffy starts fighting Big Mom*

It's like the beginning of Enies Lobby all over again :allears:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TriffTshngo posted:

Yknow it's something that's been brought up before but one of my favorite minor bits of One Piece are when non-crewmates stick around between multiple arcs Johnny and Yosaku style. Law and the Wano crew are one thing, but I really do still get a kick out of Caesar being forcibly allied with the Straw Hats for nearly 200 chapters by this point. Despite having long since outlived his initial purpose, they keep finding ways to make him useful. You'd almost forget he was the primary antagonist of an arc that, in-universe, was only maybe a couple weeks ago.

I think this is part of why I like this arc so much--this makes it feel like an older One Piece arc.

Also, that cover page was amazing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

EmmyOk posted:

Didn't stop him though! And again that's when he'd already been stabbed through the chest and according to marco was totally hosed from his illness.

A dying man backed into a corner is like an angry badger bear momma protecting her cubs. Akainu is lucky he didn't spit in death's eye two days or two fatal attacks earlier.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

As soon as Bege said he loved his family, Luffy charging to his rescue became a certainty.
I can't wait for the moment Bege realizes Luffy's idea of a temporary alliance means becoming best buds on adventures.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Bege is coming to Wano along with Caesar

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Aurora posted:

Bege is coming to Wano along with Caesar

I want this to happen and then Law and Bege have a moment. Being roped into Straw Hat shenanigans is an experience.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's kind of amazing how everyone turned around on Bege in such a short time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's kind of amazing how everyone turned around on Bege in such a short time.

I was reading through the thread reaction to Zou recently and the reaction to Bege showing up was fairily uniformly "ah this oval office again" and now he is a prince and we should all protect him.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009
I'm on the Bege u-turn bandwagon. Initially I thought he was a fairly boring design with a semi interesting power. Now I can't wait to see more of him and his plans going awry

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Being revealed as a true family man was a big turning point. Mobster is kind of boring by itself, but I think being a loving husband, father and boss to his subordinates made him cool (in addition to BIG FATHER)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I liked Bege's design and powers initially, but yeah he's solidly one of my favorite supernovas now. His crew of mafia goons are fantastic and I hope they all tag along for Wano.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
didnt he fork one of his minions when they suggested not getting into it with jewelry bonney? also he cuts heads off horses to watch them twitch. his main objective in life is to sow chaos through violence in any organization that is not his own.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
gangster-pirate-ninja-samurai-mink alliance does have a good ring to it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

didnt he fork one of his minions when they suggested not getting into it with jewelry bonney? also he cuts heads off horses to watch them twitch. his main objective in life is to sow chaos through violence in any organization that is not his own.

That wasn't just a minion it was his son lmfao.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hancock literally kicked puppies and baby seals and she still got a pass, and Bege is like ten times cooler than her.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

His men just call him father that dude wasn't his son

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kild posted:

That wasn't just a minion it was his son lmfao.

No it was just a minion. His goons call him Father as a sign of respect like Godfather.

Presumably like Doflamingo he cares more for his inner circle then his low ranking goons. Though he cares a lot for the crew as a whole.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 29, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Getting married just really mellowed the guy out.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He looks like he should be in a hanna-barbera cartoon and he's great.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i like that the 5 o clock shadow is a bege hereditary trait

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Getting married just really mellowed the guy out.

This seems like the best explanation for the change in behavior.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Blackheart posted:

This event is a bunch of Alice in wonder land people and then also
1. Gangster Fred Flinstone
2. Big bird
3. A jojos guy.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

actually it's one piece

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Blackheart posted:

he doesnt say 'nyah, see' enough, or at all...

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Snazzy Frocks posted:

he doesnt say 'nyah, see' enough, or at all...

RIP 4kids

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

loving CALLED it they're running away! Blackbeard is showing up to finish the Big Mom pirates cause what else are they doing with the weapons they stole from the Revs

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Sub Harrison posted:

loving CALLED it they're running away! Blackbeard is showing up to finish the Big Mom pirates cause what else are they doing with the weapons they stole from the Revs

Did you not finish the chapter?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sub Harrison posted:

Anything else? I mean there's a lot of places he could point those weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The Strawhats are setting up to take down Kaido, while Blackbeard will finish off Big Mom. Then it'll be Luffy, Teach and Shanks racing to Raftel.