Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

approval of her government isn't going so well right now so i'm not entirely sure about that

1.5 billion GBP buys a whole lot of small arms and high explosives though so the troubles will be back :w00t:

Where did she find that money anyway? Some sort of money-creating vegetation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

anime was right posted:

yall realize thats about economics and not uh, actual heat, right.

the red parts are people hosed over more by the heat increase, which is hitting everyone. this is because it will cause more damage due to extremes and they have a higher economic reliance on things that can be damaged by higher temperatures (like agriculture)

but my weed plants will be ok right

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Al! posted:

but my weed plants will be ok right

probably yeah

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

from what's been going on recently (:putin:) it probably came from the MI5/MI6 budget

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

FYGM, ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Intel&Sebastian posted:

We're in one of the legal pads they found in the killers apartment in Se7en

Mike Pence felt very conflicted watching that movie

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i wonder if there's going to be prejudice and violence against white southerners as more and more refugees pile into other states from the south

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nuclearmonkee posted:

You live in the Kingdom of Melkor

I don't exactly think Melkor did anything wrong, the other maia were buttholes to him

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

lmao I'm sure the Hugh Hewitt experiment will go just as well
https://twitter.com/emilyjanefox/status/880513676607926274

*nods*

*hires Huell Howser*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

j/k they'll probably all just become police officers

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Al! posted:

i just noticed areas in the northeast and northwest will actually be getting better weather. FYGM, assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've lived in Puget Sound area of WA state my entire life and our harsh winters are way more rare and our really badass summers are longer now. You used to be able to count on 2-3 nasty snow/ice weeks every year and now we're lucky to get like a day or two of real snow. Only bad thing is we occasionally get heat waves now instead.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

i wonder if there's going to be prejudice and violence against white southerners as more and more refugees pile into other states from the south
maybe when the Chinese metastasize Canada and start colonizing the northern US

:obama: could have stopped this and in some sick way it's probably fortunate that he didn't

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Al! posted:

http://i.imgur.com/cMfkFGP.gifv

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

I doubt they will be able to get rid of their "charming" accents quickly so maybe?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

judicious procurement of cheap cladding

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they call me southern strong. don't know what it means but ive accepted it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shageletic posted:

*nods*

*hires Huell Howser*

lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

I wear my wrongness proudly, the scarlet letter of posting

then call this thread pimpernel, because we were all red Nov 9th

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
https://twitter.com/myhlee/status/880518904484966401

But this effort was complicated by a new Congressional Budget Office estimate Thursday finding that the Republican plan to change how Medicaid payments are calculated starting in 2025 would lead to significantly deeper reductions in its second decade than at the end of the first decade.

By 2036, the new analysis says, the government would spend 35 percent less on Medicaid than under the current law, compared with a 26 percent decrease in the first decade.

McConnell is rewriting his proposal to provide more money for opioid treatment and assistance to low- and moderate-income Americans, in part by potentially preserving a 3.8 percent tax on investment income provided under the Affordable Care Act that the current draft of the Senate bill would repeal. At the same time, the new draft aims to placate the right by further easing the existing law’s insurance mandates and providing higher tax deductions for the health-savings accounts that conservatives favor, Republicans said.

It remains unclear whether these changes, if adopted, would garner enough support for the bill to pass. But they may represent the most viable path forward if Republicans want to rewrite the 2010 health law known as Obamacare without any help from Democrats.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
for real thought that image just screams "move to the northwest or minnesota like, now"

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

anime was right posted:

yall realize thats about economics and not uh, actual heat, right.

the red parts are people hosed over more by the heat increase, which is hitting everyone. this is because it will cause more damage due to extremes and they have a higher economic reliance on things that can be damaged by higher temperatures (like agriculture)

so what it's actually saying is we stand to benefit economically while the south burns again

lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Al! posted:

I hope the gays form roving gangs to beat them and drag them behind their Nissan Cubes

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

"have you ever had a voter try to steal a ballot, norm"

"My name's not norm, and no that's never happ-"

"I WOULD EAT HIM, WITH SOME MSUTARD NORMAN"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
everybody is being cucked by the trump presidency

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

703 posted:

https://twitter.com/myhlee/status/880518904484966401

But this effort was complicated by a new Congressional Budget Office estimate Thursday finding that the Republican plan to change how Medicaid payments are calculated starting in 2025 would lead to significantly deeper reductions in its second decade than at the end of the first decade.

By 2036, the new analysis says, the government would spend 35 percent less on Medicaid than under the current law, compared with a 26 percent decrease in the first decade.

McConnell is rewriting his proposal to provide more money for opioid treatment and assistance to low- and moderate-income Americans, in part by potentially preserving a 3.8 percent tax on investment income provided under the Affordable Care Act that the current draft of the Senate bill would repeal. At the same time, the new draft aims to placate the right by further easing the existing law’s insurance mandates and providing higher tax deductions for the health-savings accounts that conservatives favor, Republicans said.

It remains unclear whether these changes, if adopted, would garner enough support for the bill to pass. But they may represent the most viable path forward if Republicans want to rewrite the 2010 health law known as Obamacare without any help from Democrats.

If they don't repeal the investment income tax it's not going to pass

It's like, one of the main reasons the bill exists

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

703 posted:

At the same time, the new draft aims to placate the right by further easing the existing law’s insurance mandates and providing higher tax deductions for the health-savings accounts that conservatives favor, Republicans said.

HSAs are such bullshit

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

Also lol they want you to send the voter roll information to ElectionIntegrityStaff@ovp.eop.gov.

I just sent them an excel sheet of all the pokemon, i hope this helps

it just occurred to me that if they get anything from states, it's likely to be a PDF that someone then has to run OCR on to extract data, thereby loving up the data in millions of little ways that are inconspicuous

lor

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

logikv9 posted:

everybody is being cucked by the trump presidency

its my karmic punishment for all the cucking ive done irl

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

OatmealRaisin posted:

so what it's actually saying is we stand to benefit economically while the south burns again

lol

its going entirely by gdp, so whats going to happen is the southerners impacted by this, but are reasonably wealthy, will come north and take are jobs causing a further race to the bottom, all while everyone else dies as they pick fruit for pennies an hour. this doesnt measure individual impact. we're almost certain to face the same problems increased city density has caused if there's any kind of migration: rent goes up, wages go down

also most cities are still in the orange, so they'll suffer a blow on top of that.

its not good for anyone, really.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

"I'm not sure I would have advised him to make that Tweet about Mike and Joe this morning.. It's one of, like, 10% of Tweets I'd put in the mistake column." - Hannity.

Now he has Gingrich on saying that the CBO's internal numbers don't match what they put out, so they're intentionally lying. He's advocating hearings into the CBO.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

OatmealRaisin posted:

lol
"you watch the neighborhood i'll watch the atmosphere" --william tecumseh sherman

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

anime was right posted:

its going entirely by gdp, so whats going to happen is the southerners impacted by this, but are reasonably wealthy, will come north and take are jobs causing a further race to the bottom, all while everyone else dies as they pick fruit for pennies an hour. this doesnt measure individual impact. we're almost certain to face the same problems increased city density has caused if there's any kind of migration: rent goes up, wages go down

also most cities are still in the orange, so they'll suffer a blow on top of that.

Lol @ Americans doing manual labor for money. They'll go out in a blaze of fentanyl.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

anime was right posted:

ah hell thats not lol at all. damned carpetbaggers

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nonsense posted:

We're gonna have decade hail storms every season now lol

there were two in a week around here

first it was pea sized and then quarter sized

accelerationism is a hell of a thing :haw:

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/880518733562871809

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anime was right posted:

thats why i was asking about "republicans need not apply" earlier

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/lizzadwoskin/status/880518497326911492

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/880319445905833984

lmao his face is a rl :heritage:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

ArmZ posted:

HSAs are such bullshit

They can be fine to supplement an actual policy. My last job had this weird thing where we had a $3,100 deductible for the family, but an HSA that my company put $1,500 for the purpose of paying the first almost half of that deductible. They were using it to have a cheaper plan, but potentially pay for the worse deductible.

But as the only thing? That you have to pay into yourself exclusively? Really loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

deathbysnusnu posted:

Lol @ Americans doing manual labor for money. They'll go out in a blaze of fentanyl.

i mean yeah a lot of poors and olds will basically start killing themselves also.

• Locked thread