Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I only teabag people in games as a sign of respect. If you're just some random idiot who I killed with no effort I'm not going to go out of my way to make you feel bad about it, but if I spent the whole game struggling to kill you I definitely will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I only teabag people in games as a sign of respect. If you're just some random idiot who I killed with no effort I'm not going to go out of my way to make you feel bad about it, but if I spent the whole game struggling to kill you I definitely will.

I feel it is like the German and English aviators in World War I saluting each other in flight after an epic dog fight.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

spog posted:

I feel it is like the German and English aviators in World War I saluting each other in flight after an epic dog fight.

They very quickly discovered that tea-bagging mid-flight is a tricky and dangerous manoeuvre, so just went with saluting.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Here's one that I'm encountering more and more: It drives me nuts when someone refuses to watch/listen to/read something because they disagree with the politics of someone involved in the process. And the product is never political.
:) "Here's a good article on a subject you're interested in."
:mad: "I'm not reading anything from that website. They published a story on [thing I hate] once."
:) "Hey, this band is right up your alley."
:mad: "I'm not listening to them, they supported [opposing candidate]."
:) "This is one of the best movies I've seen in years, we should watch it together."
:mad: "Does it have [actor]? I'm not watching that, I hate what he said about [x]."

I'M JUST TRYING TO SHARE THINGS YOU'D ENJOY WITH YOU, BUTTHOLE.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
When I'm driving and I get to a 4-way stop sign, with cars stopped at all 4, and ONE driver to the left/right crosses the intersection, but the one across from them stays put until they finish crossing, then goes straight ahead. As if being in motion instead of still would somehow cause a crash even though the trajectory is exactly the same either way.

The second worst is when I get to the stop sign like 5 seconds after the guy on the left/right, but he still waits for me to go first.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I hate that people don't understand right of way. Don't you have to learn that for the driving test before you get your license? Today I had some obese woman with the "vintage" hairdo/makeup/glasses in a tiny share-a-car flip me off with BOTH hands because I had the gall to drive when I had right of way (too lazy to describe it but I was 100% in the right). Yes I do need to point out her looks because it was really ridiculous looking. Related: I really hate obese people who dressing up with what they think is 40s/50s style and screeching :byodame: "MARILYN MONROE WAS A SIZE 6!!!" I found a sewing guide from the 50s in an antique shop and the size 4 was loving tiny, the measurements were absurdly small. Just because a size 6 is huge now doesn't mean it was the same loving 70 years ago. A size 00 at Target is so huge on me I have to wear a belt, and I'm by no means a stick.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Jun 27, 2017

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Das Boo posted:

Here's one that I'm encountering more and more: It drives me nuts when someone refuses to watch/listen to/read something because they disagree with the politics of someone involved in the process. And the product is never political.
:mad: "I'm not reading anything from that website. They published a story on [thing I hate] once."
:) "This is one of the best movies I've seen in years, we should watch it together."
:mad: "Does it have [actor]? I'm not watching that, I hate what he said about [x]."

Some people don't like the idea of supporting bad ideologies by consuming media that directly sponsors said ideologies.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Thin Privilege posted:

I hate that people don't understand right of way. Don't you have to learn that for the driving test before you get your license? Today I had some obese woman with the "vintage" hairdo/makeup/glasses in a tiny share-a-car flip me off with BOTH hands because I had the gall to drive when I had right of way (too lazy to describe it but I was 100% in the right). Yes I do need to point out her looks because it was really ridiculous looking. Related: I really hate obese people who dressing up with what they think is 40s/50s style and screeching :byodame: "MARILYN MONROE WAS A SIZE 6!!!" I found a sewing guide from the 50s in an antique shop and the size 4 was loving tiny, the measurements were absurdly small. Just because a size 6 is huge now doesn't mean it was the same loving 70 years ago. A size 00 at Target is so huge on me I have to wear a belt, and I'm by no means a stick.

You sound tiny though, I am a size 6 and definitely not huge. But I haven't shopped for clothes in a department store in like a decade.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Thin Privilege posted:

Username/post combo

^Also that's an obnoxious thing. When anyone else does it of course. Not when I do it

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Some people don't like the idea of supporting bad ideologies by consuming media that directly sponsors said ideologies.

They don't. They don't know anything about the dude who wrote the script, just that they don't like Leonardo DiCaprio because he advocates environmental causes while using a personal jet. Which has nothing to do with William Monahan writing The Departed. I mean if you're going to select a cog in the machine as a reason to boycott the machine, you're not going to be able to enjoy much. Because somewhere along the way in the production of your thing, it's guaranteed that someone was an awful human being.
Separating the art from the artist is the only way to enjoy anything because people, especially influential people, suck.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't click on any links to Facebook or Medium and I'm perfectly happy

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

timefly posted:

You sound tiny though, I am a size 6 and definitely not huge. But I haven't shopped for clothes in a department store in like a decade.

The humongous size increase at target is pretty recent, I have size 0-2s from ~7 years ago from Target and I can't even get them past my thighs.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Das Boo posted:

They don't. They don't know anything about the dude who wrote the script, just that they don't like Leonardo DiCaprio because he advocates environmental causes while using a personal jet. Which has nothing to do with William Monahan writing The Departed. I mean if you're going to select a cog in the machine as a reason to boycott the machine, you're not going to be able to enjoy much. Because somewhere along the way in the production of your thing, it's guaranteed that someone was an awful human being.
Separating the art from the artist is the only way to enjoy anything because people, especially influential people, suck.

Yeah there is definitely a slippery slope of sorts when you start doing that. Sometimes you hear something about an artist that really makes it so you CAN'T separate the art from the artist. But like, if someone else can, that doesn't make them a bad person. Different people get bothered by different things. And conversely, it doesn't make you a better person to "stay pure" by avoiding as much stuff made by "bad people" as you possibly can. If it legitimately bothers you then whatever, but it seems like some people set themselves up for disappointment with this stuff.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Das Boo posted:

I'd draw the line at publications. If I see a link to something like Natural News I'm not clicking it because I know it's bullshit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I will never watch/read/listen to anything recommended by a loving goon anyway.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Das Boo posted:

Pre-Trump I might agree but now that's the right stance to take. Either you are a decent human being or you don't need my money.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Glazier posted:

Pre-Trump I might agree but now that's the right stance to take. Either you are a decent human being or you don't need my money.

People can change, though. But only to the worse.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Fuckers that don't start to slow down till they are right at the pedestrian crossing.

You are not saving yourself time. If I'm waiting to cross and see you coming I'm not going to walk out and assume you are going to stop. Ill wait till you do stop. Then ill walk across. If you are clearly slowing down to stop, ill cross. Ill be past you when you get there.. that's quicker for you.

Fuckers that ring me, listen to my entire answering machine message then hang up.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I've been volunteering up at the state park lately, mostly picking up litter and cleaning out grills and firepits.

Things that make me reasonably angry:

- Garbage neatly piled up a few yards away from two different dumpsters
- Bud Light burial grounds
- A bunch of cigarette butts in a firepit along with a bunch of cigarette butts outside of the firepit
- "Hiding" evidence of alcohol in the woods, usually behind brambles and in the middle of a sea of poison ivy

Things that make me UNreasonably angry:

Aagh! Aaghgh! They're so small and clear and there are millions of them! Millions.

gently caress YOU CAPRI SUN.

gently caress YOU JUICY JUICE.

gently caress ANYONE WHO MARKETS THESE TO CHILDREN.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

As a very outdoorsy person in one of the top outdoor destinations in the world, I feel you. Oh lord, do I ever. I did a 1km loop around a pond in the mountains and took home a grocery bag stuffed with garbage that was just on the trail, I didn't even venture off it.

I will add to that any rear end in a top hat who bags their dog poo poo and leaves it hanging on a tree. I start later in the day than most people and know I'm the last person off the trail, and I see little blue bags with poop in them everywhere. Just leave the loving poo poo on the ground to decompose if you can't be bothered to pack it out!

Or fuckers who blow their nose in a kleenex and toss that on the trail. Yeah paper doesn't take years to break down, but it's still obnoxious to see that left behind. Bring a zip lock bag for your wet garbage if you're bothering to pack in kleenex.

Better yet, if you're too lazy to pack out what you brought in, just please don't even go. Stay home. Trash your own property instead.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Picnic Princess posted:

Or fuckers who blow their nose in a kleenex and toss that on the trail. Yeah paper doesn't take years to break down, but it's still obnoxious to see that left behind. Bring a zip lock bag for your wet garbage if you're bothering to pack in kleenex.

I've noticed that a lot of picnic sites will be perfectly clean except for the garbage that people think isn't garbage. Onion skins, corn husks, shrimp shells...

I fantasize about dumping all that stuff in some clueless picnicker's front yard, and then insisting that they leave it there until it fully breaks down. (My fantasies are lame.)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Id love to pick the brain of someone who leaves their dog poo poo in a bag on the trail.

Like, you actually put effort into making it worse than if you had just left the poo poo on the ground. What's your thought process there buddy?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

veni veni veni posted:

Id love to pick the brain of someone who leaves their dog poo poo in a bag on the trail.

Like, you actually put effort into making it worse than if you had just left the poo poo on the ground. What's your thought process there buddy?

I've seen it happen, I was going to ask the dude why the gently caress he went though the effort to bagging the dog poo poo only to toss it maybe 2' to the side of the trail in full view, but he was this huge skinhead covered in tattoos walking 2 unfixed unleashed pit bulls he had to keep screaming at to behave. The other time I actually saw it was downtown, big recreational body builder guy with a pitbull. Scoops it up into a bag then tosses it under a bush in someone's garden. Only 2 instances but the "type" seems to be lovely big dudes with pitbulls??

And yeah, the amount of garbage you see in parks is really sad. Dogshit bags, chip/food bags are the big ones. I'm fine tossing apples cores and banana peels and poo poo into the woods, just toss it good and far from the trail so no one will see them. Only a couple times after having horrible allergy attacks have I dumped tissues into the woods, but I went off-trail and hid them under some leaves in a muddy area where they could break down in peace.

I often wish I had a super power where I could touch garbage and get a flash of the object's last memories and see who did it, then track them down and cut them. I'd be the lamest super-hero but I'd be doing an important job.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I think that stuff is definitely in the realm of reasonably angry. People are so entitled these days that they think national parks are their personal toilets and the friendly janitors will be along to pick up after them. Make it a felony to do that and install trail cameras to catch people and maybe people would learn to appreciate what little (relatively) untouched nature we have left while it lasts.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think huuuuuge fines and or even a little jail time could maybe scare the poo poo out of people to stop loving littering in protected parks. Or anywhere really, just stop littering, period. There's garbages all over the loving place, just use them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I think in the end it comes down to lack of government funding for the parks so they have to be overly accepting of any and every tourist because they are the only reason they are staying afloat. If they had more discretion of who they let in maybe things would be better. A national park isn't a dog park or a playground, it's an important site of either natural or historical importance, have some respect or stay out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a $1,000 fine in Singapore and it works. I also think public canings for certain offenses is ideal.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think in the end it comes down to lack of government funding for the parks so they have to be overly accepting of any and every tourist because they are the only reason they are staying afloat. If they had more discretion of who they let in maybe things would be better. A national park isn't a dog park or a playground, it's an important site of either natural or historical importance, have some respect or stay out.

Massive insane fines would be an influx of cash. There's so many lovely social problems that stem from a lack of money for enforcement/cleaning plus a lack of any meaningful fines or punishments. Get two birds stoned at once with huge huge fines. Use those fines to pay for cleaning and more enforcement. Everyone wins, except lovely park littering scum.

Also way more fines should be based on % of yearly income. I want some lovely rich kid fined 150,000 for tossing his fast food packaging in a park.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Baronjutter posted:

Get two birds stoned at once

I imagine you should get fined for that too.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

The best place to walk dogs near us only has bins at the three entrances, so if my dog poops early in the walk I'll leave it a little way off the path until I come back past, and I know a lot of other dog walkers do the same. I'll still make sure I bin it myself though, so it's only ever there an hour or two two at the very most.

What makes me unreasonably angry is that horse owners don't have to clean up after their horse. The place we walk gets a lot of dog walkers, joggers, cyclists - and horse riders. Once every month or so there will be huge piles of horse poo poo in the middle of the path that doesn't get cleared for a while. Sure it doesn't stink, but it's still kind of gross, and everyone else has to skirt round it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

People who have strong and wrong opinions about food. For example:

Gluten is 100% a bad and toxic thing, like MSG was 20 years ago
All fast food is extremely bad for you, except Chik-Fil-A, which is very healthy
Never eat a carbohydrate
Potatoes are "empty calories" (WTF)
And of course organic=always very healthy and GMO=filled with bad chemicals

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've never had a problem with horse poo poo. It doesn't really stink and within a few hours it's just some grassy mud.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I've never had a problem with horse poo poo. It doesn't really stink and within a few hours it's just some grassy mud.

It's only a problem for me when it's all over the road that people walk on and you have to dodge the clouds of flies. When I went to the Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria the path up to the castle has horse drawn carriages every 10 minutes or so so it's a minefield of horse poo poo.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Baronjutter posted:

I think huuuuuge fines and or even a little jail time could maybe scare the poo poo out of people to stop loving littering in protected parks. Or anywhere really, just stop littering, period. There's garbages all over the loving place, just use them.
I work seasonally at a historic site/park and people throw cigarette butts in our filled-in well. It's clearly not a garbage can, it's got a morning glory vine growing out of it!

I'd like to get some real garbage containers out there and some "no littering" signs. And a few security cameras around the buildings where we work and park our cars. A few months ago somebody stole a copper gutter spout off the main building, and after that someone else backed up their truck to our firewood shed and filled it up. People are garbage. :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

People who have strong and wrong opinions about food. For example:

Baronjutter posted:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who the hell owns a horse. I hate anyone that owns a horse.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There's a place near me called Johnston Canyon, it's hugely popular as all the coach tours stop there and it's a walkway built through a canyon with a bunch waterfalls. I normally only go in winter when it's deserted because I hate crowds. I went once a couple years ago in summer with a friend who'd never been, and what I saw made me so angry I ended up giving the finger in almost every photo taken of me. There were actual ceramic dishes and metal cutlery dropped into the canyon. Shoes. Dozens upon dozens of water bottles, and not just disposable plastic ones. I get that some things are going to get dropped accidentally, and it stays for a while because you'd have to rappel to clean the trash up, but people definitely drop a poo poo ton of stuff as litter and it's almost impossible to clean it.

I'd happily volunteer to go with a friend every couple months to rappel down to clean up. Makes me wonder if they would let people do that so wardens don't have to, and they could spend more time trying to get idiots not killed by bears on the side of the road.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I'd happily volunteer to go with a friend every couple months to rappel down to clean up.

That's a great way to get your head smashed in by falling shoes and cutlery.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's a great way to get your head smashed in by falling shoes and cutlery.
"woah, parks actually close at night??" - Jerry Cotton, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elizabethan Error posted:

"woah, parks actually close at night??" - Jerry Cotton, 2017

Well during the night it's probably more engine blocks and entire truckfuls of industrial waste than shoes.

• Locked thread