Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Yeah he's got you here Derek. He's got you.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

It'll be in evocati's hands early July.

Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

big nipples big life posted:

:lol:

I want to be a space lawyer = I am a lawyer in real life in the mind of Dr. Dr. Derek Smart.

I'm not convinced MoMA's got much of an identity outside the 'verse but yeah derek that's not like a great got'cha

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm not convinced MoMA's got much of an identity outside the 'verse but yeah derek that's not like a great got'cha

It wasn't mean to be. :yikes:

:lol:

I want to be a space lawyer = I am a lawyer in real life in the mind of Dr. Dr. Derek Smart.

Oh c'mon, couldn't you just roll with it?

Hint: You forget that we accuse him of being Toast (a RL lawyer). And him wanting to be a "lawyer by day" in the game, rolls back to him being Toast.

I mean seriously, did I really need to spell that out?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

oh poo poo, sorry I didn't recognize your 4d chess trolling there

also, how are you reading my posts?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Hint: You forget that we accuse him of being Toast (a RL lawyer). And him wanting to be a "lawyer by day" in the game, rolls back to him being Toast.

loving Christ, you are dense.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
oh-oh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQ3L_WjR9c

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
so um

not good news coming tomorrow re: planets/moons

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

No. That's why you look silly when you do.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

oh poo poo, sorry I didn't recognize your 4d chess trolling there

also, how are you reading my posts?

Even MoMa didn't get it. :grin:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! Those butt-hurt pricks. Who is circumventing a ban? They do realize that OSC was unbanned by Reddit admins, right? And that shortly after that, the /r/StarCitizen mods decided to ban him from their sub-Red anyway?

Dear lurking redditors. Please put aside your 100% foolproof posting analysis for a second and look at this from my perspective. Is it possible that Derek is OSC? Sure, why the hell not? Personally I highly doubt it's him because A) he's told me it isn't, and B) even if he was trying to hoodwink me for some inexplicable reason, there's almost no way it wouldn't have leaked among the super secret goon inner circle at some point. We are very bad at keeping secrets. Just like that time You must have a Platinum account to view this message.

But hey, let's set aside all the reasons why OSC and Derek probably aren't the same guy, and go with your gut. You're 100% sure OSC is Derek, so you report every post he ever makes - fine. I'm not going to start removing posts because I think someone might be an alt of a banned user, based on the speculation (yes, all of your analysis is just that - speculation) of a bunch of people who hate the guy in question to begin with. Let me make this very clear: I will not be removing posts or banning users based on your reports that "OMG OSC IS TOTALLY DEREK." This is not part of some big conspiracy, I just don't believe you. And even if I did, that's an admin problem. Take it up with them. Or better yet, drop your weird crusade against anyone you suspect might be Derek. It's that kind of poo poo that really puts a bunch of holes in the "We just want to archive!" argument y'all are so fond of falling back on.

tia

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

It'll be in evocati's hands early July.

And it will remain there through the entire month of July and most of August. CIG will then hold it back "Because they want a big reveal at gamescom". But really they need more time.

CIG will then release 3.0 at Gamescom, but it will be a shadow of the original promises made 11 months earlier.

But you'll be okay with this, and say everything is on schedule; Because nothing can ever be late so long as they update the schedule first. Face it, you expected 3.0 months ago, and now you're moving the goalposts to maintain your cognitive dissonance.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek's meltdowns.

No, i'm genuinely serious, no flippant answers this time,when you play Star citizen what is your most favourite bit?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

so um

Is it still news if we knew it to begin with?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

so um

oh gently caress, not MoMA's most anticipated feature!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Dear lurking redditors. Please put aside your 100% foolproof posting analysis for a second and look at this from my perspective. Is it possible that Derek is OSC? Sure, why the hell not? Personally I highly doubt it's him because A) he's told me it isn't, and B) even if he was trying to hoodwink me for some inexplicable reason, there's almost no way it wouldn't have leaked among the super secret goon inner circle at some point. We are very bad at keeping secrets. Just like that time You must have a Platinum account to view this message.

But hey, let's set aside all the reasons why OSC and Derek probably aren't the same guy, and go with your gut. You're 100% sure OSC is Derek, so you report every post he ever makes - fine. I'm not going to start removing posts because I think someone might be an alt of a banned user, based on the speculation (yes, all of your analysis is just that - speculation) of a bunch of people who hate the guy in question to begin with. Let me make this very clear: I will not be removing posts or banning users based on your reports that "OMG OSC IS TOTALLY DEREK." This is not part of some big conspiracy, I just don't believe you. And even if I did, that's an admin problem. Take it up with them. Or better yet, drop your weird crusade against anyone you suspect might be Derek. It's that kind of poo poo that really puts a bunch of holes in the "We just want to archive!" argument y'all are so fond of falling back on.

tia

Otoh, lurking redditors, I will remove them if the report reason is funny enough

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
you will get an overly long apology/explanation from the chairman tho!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Eldragon posted:

And it will remain there through the entire month of July and most of August. CIG will then hold it back "Because they want a big reveal at gamescom". But really they need more time.

CIG will then release 3.0 at Gamescom, but it will be a shadow of the original promises made 11 months earlier.

But you'll be okay with this, and say everything is on schedule; Because nothing can ever be late so long as they update the schedule first. Face it, you expected 3.0 months ago, and now you're moving the goalposts to maintain your cognitive dissonance.

Nice try at the entrapment, but none of these goalposts are mine to move. I'm speculating as you all are.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

If this is true it'll be a magical time on the Star Citizen subreddit

Edit: and Derek's twitter

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

so um

You don't say! And stop spreading FUD! :grin:

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg1728#msg1728

quote:

**BREAKING*** two sources have now confirmed that 3.0 is such a technological nightmare, and performance hog, that nobody knows how they are going to end up releasing it within the current time frame; let alone for GamesCom.

Croberts working on his new justification speech (aka newsletter), in which he may have no choice but to admit that the switch to LY hasn't been as straightforward (gee, who knew!?) as they made it out to be - seven months ago.

It's amazing to me that since July 2015, I've been right about so many things, that those guys don't even bother recapping them anymore. This despite the fact that I document them religiously in my blogs and forum posts - for a reason.

All that aside, the primary claim that "they can't build the game as pitched" and which everyone was saying that I was wrong about, remains true.

Ignoring the $150m (they were at $85, and have since passed this) + proper engine (they switched to the more advanced LY) that I said they would need to pull it off.

Recently (well, before GamesCom 2016), I said that they simply didn't have the tech to do procedurally generated planets, that the pitched 3.0 was bullshit dipped in Ether. Less than 6 months later, 3.0 has been significantly scaled back. And has moons - in a level - instead of procedural planets (shown in an elaborate R&D video showcase posing as in-game).

I have no doubt that they will probably release something called 3.0, then continue to update it. They did the same thing with 2.0. Right up to 2.6.x

ps: There is another JPEG sale tomorrow June 23rd. So they're probably going to lie in tomorrow's 3.0 schedule update, then update it again the following week with the proper data.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lots of good comments in there.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nice try at the entrapment, but none of these goalposts are mine to move. I'm speculating as you all are.

We're not speculating with JPEGs.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

tia

:perfect:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

If this is true it'll be a magical time on the Star Citizen subreddit

Edit: and Derek's twitter

It was already hinted at.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/863033941992910848

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I love how any discussion about Star Citizen is always about money and never about mechanics.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You talk about what you have.

But what happens when you run out of one and the other never existed?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

*cough* 6 months ago *cough*

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Beet Wagon posted:

"circulmventing"

:allears:

It means to go around.

Ah, the old reach-around

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

TheAgent posted:

dont you dare let me down on such high times like this

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Remember when Moma became a banking expert earlier this week lol.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Derek, are you actually banned from reddit? I thought that was something that was totally made up.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Eldragon posted:

*cough* 6 months ago *cough*

Excellent work.

MoMA, I've got a question for you. When you make a burger, do you put lettuce on the bottom or the top of burger?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

TheAgent posted:

so um

4:30 PST then?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron space game altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from your belt cabinet to the computer room to let people know that your self appointed ambassadorial duties plus the time and money you spent trying to justify purchasing more professional jpegs of ersatz retard spaceships were all part of your incredible joke. you cannot save face or be even remotely not gay.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://www.reddit.com/user/obey-the-fist

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 29, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

synthetik posted:

Derek, are you actually banned from reddit? I thought that was something that was totally made up.

Technically, no :grin:

https://www.reddit.com/user/dereksmart

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Mr.Tophat posted:

Excellent work.

MoMA, I've got a question for you. When you make a burger, do you put lettuce on the bottom or the top of burger?

Top. Always.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Isn't Star Citizen at 2.6.3 now? Video is clearly reporting on an old build and speculating based on facts that are no longer true.

More like this please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

lmao