Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Maybe he infests structures. Buffs your fort and makes it spawn a dude or something. I'm making poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
He could do any role really.

In Heart of the Swarm he spawned a ton of minions, had a ranged DoT attack, and a direct damage knockback.

His Co-Op commander role infests buildings, spawns one giant minion, and passively buffs spawn rates.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Spudd posted:

That's a hot take my friend, I bet you're a cool dude

Stukov is a lot of fun in co-op mode I just hope he kinda resembles what he does there

Sorry that I dissed your favourite Blizz character or something, ?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

GenericOverusedName posted:

The hat is too fancy to become infested.

Gotta save something for skins

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm pretty sure he's the only dude in the Starcraft games who canonically wears a hat. It's weird.

I know marshal jimmy gets a hat in this game that isn't what i'm talking about.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

One of two Terran Admirals sent to defend/cleanse the Zerg threat when they are first discovered.

They find a PSI Emitter and a guy named Duran (who is actually in league with the Xel'Naga - an ancient race that created the Zerg and Protoss and want to assimilate/destroy the universe) who seems to know a lot about the Zerg.

Duran tells them they need to destroy the PSI Disrupter.

The other Admiral with Stukov agrees and they set out to destroy it.

Stukov gets there first and disassembles it instead of destroying it.

Duran figures this out and tells the other Admiral that Stukov has betrayed him.

Stukov gets killed and as he is dying tells the other Admiral that the PSI Disrupter is key to defeating the Zerg. It can break their hivemind and turn them feral.

The other Admiral hesitates and decides to keep it.

They figure out that Duran has betrayed them.

They recover Stukov's body and give him a heroes funeral by shooting his coffin into space.

The Zerg recover Stukov's body, infest it, and resurrect him to provide them with information about the Terran.

Infested Stukov eventually gets captured and Raynor administers a prototype cure developed by The Protoss that destroys Zerg cells and preserves non-Zerg biomass (effectively curing Zerg infestation)

Stukov is cured and sent to the Mobius institute for study to develop a permanent cure for infestation.

The Mobius Institute is a front run by Duran (under a new identity) and they instead experiment on Stukov.

The Protoss cure turns out to be temporary and Stukov slowly becomes reinfested.

Kerrigan attacks the Mobius Institute when she figures out that it is a Xel'Naga front. Stukov joins her.

Stukov is half terran and half zerg and just wants to kill everyone who betrayed him.

Most of this happens outside of the games too between SC1 and his seemingly random appearance in SC2 because Blizzard won't come up with cool new characters but rather resurrect old ones and corrupt them

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I have changed my mind. All of his abilities should relate to his hat of power.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I'm pretty sure he's the only dude in the Starcraft games who canonically wears a hat. It's weird.

I know marshal jimmy gets a hat in this game that isn't what i'm talking about.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
protoss don't count

protoss never count for anything

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

protoss don't count

protoss never count for anything

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
DuGalle's portrait has a hat, as did Duran's. Maybe that's the UED's calling card? Hats?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Hats confirmed for Hots!?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Raynor and co. rescuing Stukov was in the N64 version of Starcraft, of all places.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Man I am really bad at remembering hats, sorry.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

McTimmy posted:

Raynor and co. rescuing Stukov was in the N64 version of Starcraft, of all places.

Oh my god, I completely forgot that piece of poo poo existed.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Nephzinho posted:

Oh my god, I completely forgot that piece of poo poo existed.

Name one other way to play 2-player splitscreen games of Starcraft on your TV in 1998.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long after Matlh was confirmed did it take for him to come out?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

About a week until the PTR

They seem to be pretty quick on releasing the new heroes lately.

Also they cut back on the amount of gold given out, pushing people to buy gems. Gotta keep that loot coming in!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

A helmet is definitely a hat.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Is a hood a hat? Valla, Auriel, Tyrael, Medivh, Jaina, etc

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

A hotdog is a hat

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I do not think so, as hoods are connected to the rest of their clothes. I'm personally debating about headgear. Is a crown or a tiara a hat? I would not consider it to be a hat. Headphones would not be a hat. A giant floating parasite hovering above your head is a hat, however.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Valeera has a hat/cowl

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
A hat is a piece of clothing that protects your head from the sun or bad weather. As such, a hood is a hat. A crown is not.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I'll settle this.

(I'm the deely bobber)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Barbershop Greymane with pork pie when?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So does Murky just have a lower mountspeed or is the stat screen just broken? When I mount with him, it shows only a 10% speed gain on stats. Haven't actually tested his speed, but I know for the longest time the Vikings all show 100% speed when that isn't the case.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Pants Donkey posted:

So does Murky just have a lower mountspeed or is the stat screen just broken? When I mount with him, it shows only a 10% speed gain on stats. Haven't actually tested his speed, but I know for the longest time the Vikings all show 100% speed when that isn't the case.

Two of his level 1 talents are bugged, and have been for almost a month now. One of them actually permanently reduces your mount speed

The bribe one is the only one working correctly

His level 4 slime quest is also still extremely buggy

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Activated voice lines also have been bugged for some time now. These last two games, my Leoric has been using Li Li's "awesome!" instead of whatever line I picked for him.

…which isn't really an issue in this particular case, but still. The Murky bugs badly need addressing though.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

Two of his level 1 talents are bugged, and have been for almost a month now. One of them actually permanently reduces your mount speed

The bribe one is the only one working correctly

His level 4 slime quest is also still extremely buggy

Ive been told the slime quest requires you to double slime someone to count

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

AlmightyBob posted:

Ive been told the slime quest requires you to double slime someone to count

That's not a bug though, it's how the quest works.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Also they hosed up Stukov's face real bad.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If you say so, dude

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I have changed my mind. All of his abilities should relate to his hat of power.

Make his hat work like it will in Mario Odyssey and he'll be hero of the year.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Please don't remind people of New Donk City which has ruined their childhood retroactively

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I've opened up 8 Bikini Stitches in ~25 chests. 5 of them are different tints at least.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Power Bottom posted:

Also they hosed up Stukov's face real bad.

totally lost the leather daddy look the concept art was going for, shameful

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

bamhand posted:

I've opened up 8 Bikini Stitches in ~25 chests. 5 of them are different tints at least.

In something like 5 summer boxes I got a chromie spray... that's it

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I got the awful greymane spray twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

First loot box gave me this bad boy :smugdog: