Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Elephant Ambush posted:

No seriously when are we getting 5* Spirit motes? This is loving stupid.

We aren't even due to see 5* vit motes for another 1.5-2 months from now assuming that we are indeed skipping rebirth dungeons (DeNA you stingy fucks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Beasteh posted:

We aren't even due to see 5* vit motes for another 1.5-2 months from now assuming that we are indeed skipping rebirth dungeons (DeNA you stingy fucks)

Whaaat, I'm like 11 away from finishing refia :(

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I beat chadarnook jumpstart and totally misunderstood the fight. I brought looooads of holy attacks thinking she's weak to it. It did mean I never ate her goddess counter form though.

Also making me appreciate having lots of utility random stuff I otherwise never use - in a normal fight Minfillia only has time to Burst, but in jumpstart she can also use her SSB to give last stand and an attack buff after chadarnook dispels (saved my whole party), Tyro can throw all 3 of sentinel, USB and BSB to avoid one spell and status (saved my whole party)

The game has too many toys you can't use outside of jumpstart. I almost want the whole game to be balanced around this.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Well, I hosed up and somehow my Meltdown went missing. Don't even have its Record anymore. Unless something can be done I think this is as good a reason as any to call it quits.

Don't be like me and lock your 6* abilities, assuming it was user error.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Gonna take a stab at the Bahamut Jump Start CM today. I see a lot of successful runs with Refia or Luneth BSB but I don't have that. Good news is I have Arc's and OK's BSBs, it's just finding a 3rd FFIII member to slot in. The obvious choice was originally Luneth since I have his Wind SSB, but I'm not sure I have the juice to get Bahamut down to 40%. I do have Desch's imperil-Lightning SSB, so the plan is to pop that thing off as many times as it takes to get lightning weakness and run the following team:
Desch SSB (Chain Thundaga, Meltdown)
Arc BSB (Healing)
OK BSB (Breakdowns)
Cloud OSB (Thunder Strike and maybe Armor Break)
Bartz OSB (Steal Power and Thundering Twinstrike)

Hopefully I can get this bugger down to 40%, then I've got 3x2 wind OSBs.

I've got some options for RW: Wall, Healing USB with Last Stand or ATK buff (probably not with Steal Power availability)...I'm super curious how this goes.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KPC_Mammon posted:

Well, I hosed up and somehow my Meltdown went missing. Don't even have its Record anymore. Unless something can be done I think this is as good a reason as any to call it quits.

Don't be like me and lock your 6* abilities, assuming it was user error.

Support is pretty good at helping in cases like this

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Elephant Ambush posted:

There are 30 from CMing the Bahamut jump start, which sounds...fun.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Support is pretty good at helping in cases like this

That is a huge relief! I've already sent them an email but I wasn't expecting much.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress YOU SEPHIROTH

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucck yoooooooooooooooooouuuu

OSB photo finish, as the Onion Knight takes down Sephiroth with his dying breath

That was an intense, ridiculous fight

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I like him using thundaga/blizzaga/quake as a little nod to when you have him in your party during the Nibelheim flashback

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I really have a new appreciation for even substandard 11 pulls in this game. At least you can potentially combine an item and make it stronger and/or pass it off to someone else in the realm as a helpful stat stick for synergy.

It really could be so, so, so much worse :suicide:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Sephiroth downed. That was incredibly hard, but once I learned the fight and got better at timing stuff to land right after an Ultimate Dispel it became able to pull it off.

Lightning (LV99) [Record Dived] | Razor Carbine+/Raijin's Pauldron/Safety Bit | Lifesiphon R5/Thundering Twinstrike R3 | RM: Battleforged | LM: Gleaming Blade (SBs: Army of One/Focused Bolts/Thunderfall)
Setzer (LV87) | Crystal Cross (5* RS)/Edincoat (5* RS)/Memento Ring | Magic Breakdown R4/Full Break R2 | RM: Ace Striker (BSB: Mostly Megaflare)
Tyro (LV99) | Mythril Gun+++/Exdeath's Curiass+/Regen Ring | Lifesiphon R4/Shellga R2 | RM: Dr. Mog's Teachings (SB: Sentinel's Grimoire)
Ramza (LV99) | Lamia Harp+/Tin Armor/Mythril Armlet | Lifesiphon R4/Power Breakdown R4 | RM: Mako Might (SSB: Shout)
Y'sholta (LV99) | Wizer Rod/Edincoat (5* RS)/Memento Ring | Curaja R4/Protectga R2 | RM: Healer's Prayer II (BSB: Asylum)

RW: Relm USB

Also, they're apparently doing some ability rebalancing in Japan. Meltdown's going to 4 hits, which as someone with it at R2 makes me ecstatic.

EDIT:
Ahahahaha they're referencing the Marcus glitch in Japan
This game rules

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 29, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

2nd Wall RW was cast in phase 3 because I'm terrible at phase skipping and had to go through every single dispel, so phase 4 proceeded with no Wall. And since I don't have Eiko's USB, I had no Last Stand either. Also no Hastega; Ramza's there for his USB because loving instant Aslyum/Prayer of the Lost is mandatory.

How the gently caress did I manage to master that :stare:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

the Orb of Zot posted:

Also, they're apparently doing some ability rebalancing in Japan. Meltdown's going to 4 hits, which as someone with it at R2 makes me ecstatic.

EDIT:
This game rules

Oh my. Also lol poor Ultima.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

the Orb of Zot posted:

EDIT:
This game rules

How so?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Armitage posted:

I really have a new appreciation for even substandard 11 pulls in this game. At least you can potentially combine an item and make it stronger and/or pass it off to someone else in the realm as a helpful stat stick for synergy.

Yeah I'm rerolling accounts on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius right now because they have a special event where you get a free 11 pull. I've gotta be over 500 total gacha pulls by now and I've seen a grand total of ONE 5* character pull. :psyduck:

FFRK feels like Shadowverse by comparison.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I'd been taking my time with all these bosses we've had over the past week, so I only now got around to doing 220/JS Chadarnook. And Team All Magic Buffs tore right through him. :stonklol: After all of the problems others had had I was surprised about how easy it went with my particular skillset. I had Grand Cross to absorb (and "reflect" with Meltdown*) any spell counters, and Raines BSB/CMD 1 to keep up the flow of holy damage until 30%.

All that's left on the horizon for me is Despair Sephiroth (edit: and the Torment dungeon), and I've got a mind to just brute force the fight with some OSBs and Raijin's Aura rather than actually dealing with the dispels legitimately. Hopefully I'll be able to math out a solution for throwing piles of 9s, whether it involves lots of DEF debuffs and very precise timing or instead shenanigans with RW Celes BSB2 to absorb the first dispel.

*Finally R2! :woop:

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 29, 2017

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Apparently Eiko's legend motes are obtained by record diving Marcus.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

You can get up to 30 5* Spirit motes from CM missions involving the 300 Difficulty Jumpstart Torment that's up right now.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I'm rerolling accounts on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius right now because they have a special event where you get a free 11 pull. I've gotta be over 500 total gacha pulls by now and I've seen a grand total of ONE 5* character pull. :psyduck:

BE is exactly why DeNA deserves my dollar pulls. :v:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Beat Sephiroth using radiant shield strategy. Never used that to kill something before. Thank god for Minwu, he's the only native instant heal I had so he came in handy. Didn't get mastery but the rewards in that sucked so I'm not even bothering.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Beat Sephiroth using radiant shield strategy. Never used that to kill something before. Thank god for Minwu, he's the only native instant heal I had so he came in handy. Didn't get mastery but the rewards in that sucked so I'm not even bothering.

Same. Pretty easy this way.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Armitage posted:

Here's a fun joke for you about another Gacha game: in Fate/Grand Order they have a system where you can pick and get a specific 5* Character. The punchline is that you buy them with ten of an item that you're given once every time you pull 7th+ copy of the same 5* character.

So first of all, just imagine that same system in RK. Then realize that it doesn't have limited pull pools in the same way, doesn't have a G5 system, and I think the odds of a 5* are are less than 1%. Not a specific one, mind you, getting a 5* at all.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, don't know how I quoted myself. Phone posting is weird sometimes.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 30, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Almost like gacha games are garbage, capitalism is a mistake, and being the best of the worst still makes you kind of sleazy now and then, isn't it?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Capitalism owns, actually.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
somebody from england please ask jeremy corbyn to nationalize final fantasy record keeper

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i dunno why sephiroth is so hard for me when i was able to one shot the d300 torment with CMx3

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

MikeSevigny posted:

somebody from england please ask jeremy corbyn to nationalize final fantasy record keeper

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm down to seize the means of relic production.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i dunno why sephiroth is so hard for me when i was able to one shot the d300 torment with CMx3

I had the opposite problem where Sephiroth died on like the first S/L but D300 took me probably the better half of a day.

Also I think I'll be literally 1 Mythril short of a pull on the FFXII banner that goes up in a few hours after clearing the event stages. Well it just means I gotta wait an extra 12 hours.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

BGrifter posted:

One of things I really like air FFRK is they absolutely don't lean on the skinner box button as hard as everyone else.

Just the idea that you can take a character from lvl 1 to 99 relatively easily and painlessly without grinding or spending bux is a godsend. Or the fact that even lowest tier 5star can still be useful.

Most gacha games really try to soak you on both accounts.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Spent 200 mythril trying to get Vaan's LMR with no success. But got his USB and SSB(on a 5/11, my first ever), along with Penelo's USB and Balthier's BSB2. Plus some SSBs. So not a total loss. I got pretty much everything but the LMR poo poo, of course. Wanted those lengthened debuffs. This makes my Vaan insanely versatile though since between his BSB, SSB, and USB I have like three different debuffs I can use, for basically whatever situation. The extra time on the debuffs would have helped but this is about just as good.

Needless to say, I will probably not be having any issues with XII events any time soon. And it looks like there's none for the foreseeable future, of course.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 30, 2017

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Beat Sephiroth 1st run, just be ready for the percents.

Deployment Tactics and Ark Blast were silly.
Vanille USB, Eiko BSSB/SSB, Tyro Wall
RW: EIKO Mog Guardian

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Chain Firaga and the 5* spellblades are also getting buffed to 4 hits

Also summons are will start with 2 uses

EDIT: also, Steiner USB is amazing

10 hit fire/lightning/ice, self res up, and gets enfire, enlightning or enice if a party member hits him with fire, lightning or ice damage

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 30, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kawalimus posted:

Spent 200 mythril trying to get Vaan's LMR with no success. But got his USB and SSB(on a 5/11, my first ever), along with Penelo's USB and Balthier's BSB2. Plus some SSBs. So not a total loss. I got pretty much everything but the LMR poo poo, of course. Wanted those lengthened debuffs. This makes my Vaan insanely versatile though since between his BSB, SSB, and USB I have like three different debuffs I can use, for basically whatever situation. The extra time on the debuffs would have helped but this is about just as good.

Needless to say, I will probably not be having any issues with XII events any time soon. And it looks like there's none for the foreseeable future, of course.

I got Vaan's LMR on my dollar pull and I have no other good relics for him to make it worthwhile. I just have his SSB that's an atk debuff for a target and an atk buff for himself. Good times.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Everyone is posting about Sephiroth, but here I am stuck on this goddamn train in the 6 event.

I was one hit away from killing it everyone doing good health wise almost max, just confused because the train won't stop blowing it's whistle, but I still had Raijin about to unleash his burst, then it does Saintly Light and whoops my mitigation dropped somewhere along the way because everyone is dead now. :negative:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Nihilarian posted:

Chain Firaga and the 5* spellblades are also getting buffed to 4 hits

Also summons are will start with 2 uses

EDIT: also, Steiner USB is amazing

10 hit fire/lightning/ice, self res up, and gets enfire, enlightning or enice if a party member hits him with fire, lightning or ice damage

Just Firaga? Why is that?

Spellblade abilities definitely need it, though.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Electric Phantasm posted:

Everyone is posting about Sephiroth, but here I am stuck on this goddamn train in the 6 event.

I was one hit away from killing it everyone doing good health wise almost max, just confused because the train won't stop blowing it's whistle, but I still had Raijin about to unleash his burst, then it does Saintly Light and whoops my mitigation dropped somewhere along the way because everyone is dead now. :negative:

Whats your team?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the train counters every time something takes advantage of its weakness. So if you're having trouble try only using SBs for attacking its vulnerability, but not abilities or commands.

Also, if possible (depending on what you have) try stacking debuffs on the train in addition to your mitigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Whats your team?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the train counters every time something takes advantage of its weakness. So if you're having trouble try only using SBs for attacking its vulnerability, but not abilities or commands.

Also, if possible (depending on what you have) try stacking debuffs on the train in addition to your mitigation.

Raijin 71 with Lifesiphon/filler and his BSB
Garnet 71 with proshellga and her BSB2
Lightning 76 with Lifesiphon/filler and her OSB, BSB2
Irvine 68 with Full Break/Magic Breakdown and his hyperbreak SSB
Cid 72 with Lifesiphon X2 and his OSB, SSB

And yeah I've been relying on Soul Breaks to be my damage dealers it's just I have nothing to deal with diabolical whistle and it's ultimate variant so I just pray to the RNG gods. Doesn't help my 6 synergy is non existent.

Edit: RW wall

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 30, 2017

• Locked thread