Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Can we send it back up North TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:frogout:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:thunk:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mods ban this trash post

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

if memory serves i had (actually, have still, tucked away somewhere in a cupboard in my parents' house) this small pirate island on the one hand and this big island fortress on the other

never had any space lego but i did have a few of the smaller starcom vehicles

aw yissssssssss

these are triggering deep synapses in my brain that have been dormant for ages and it is making me uncomfortable

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:thunk: !

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt posted:

mods ban this trash post

i thought they were noodles and alfredo sauce at first

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

ArmZ posted:

these are triggering deep synapses in my brain that have been dormant for ages and it is making me uncomfortable

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

lol

that's what they actually looked like

this is the reason your mom hated going to any store that dared sell plastic junk to kids but also food or something essential:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i was grossed out by the popout pieces of skin and flesh that were used to represent dino damage in those commercials

lol that nyt quote

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwtSdJaPCSI

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i was grossed out by the popout pieces of skin and flesh that were used to represent dino damage in those commercials

lol that nyt quote

i thought that was the jurassic park toys

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

heck jes

I used to love getting these small sets every now and again but the key era for me was second gen space police for the sci fi stuff then the robin hood and medieval ones from round the same era

the one set I was always hecka jealous of though was the first gen space police big spaceship. someday I will have enough disposable income to justify ebaying that poo poo:

Had a little rover that fit into the cockpit and poo poo and my much older friends had the set when I was like 5. it's my whiteish whale

NLJP fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 29, 2017

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

quote is not edit

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

ArmZ posted:

i had some other vehicles from popular cartoon series/toy lines as well, such as

and

not to mention

and my piece de resistance

man it really was all about anything car- or tank-like throughout the '80s and early '90s wasn't it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i have this sitting in my garage rn

i keep telling myself that i'm keeping it to sell for $$$$ but really i'm probably going to have it forever

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
legos are gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

:quig:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

prefect posted:

i don't know what that is, but it's :krad:

it’s pictures from this book. it's a coffee table book about abandoned places that nature has reclaimed, mostly in italy, france, germany and belgium from what i can tell

also, lego rules. was i the only one who loved the model team stuff? the sets were crazy expensive so i often ended up building similar stuff with a mixture of normal and technic pieces.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Sapozhnik posted:

legos are gay

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sapozhnik posted:

legos are gay

i think you mean LEGO are gay

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

i have this sitting in my garage rn

i keep telling myself that i'm keeping it to sell for $$$$ but really i'm probably going to have it forever

it's worth a fortune if you kept the box and the instructions or at the very least the instruction manual

otherwise it's not worth much, maybe $100-$150

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

pram posted:

i think you mean LEGO are gay

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it's worth a fortune if you kept the box and the instructions or at the very least the instruction manual

otherwise it's not worth much, maybe $100-$150

in box, with manual. just the way it was when i got it for christmas at a more appropriate age

the thing floats, like a real boat. it's pretty cool

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
those lego boats taught me what ballast is

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

wayfinder posted:

I want a video game in that setting
it's called uncharted 3, and it wasn't that great

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i got this for christmas one year

i remember this helicopter having a really cool design

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phone posted:

i remember this helicopter having a really cool design

That's because it looks a lot like Miles Mayhem's chopper.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

shut up, scott

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i had to look up who miles mayhem was.

100% agree

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

piotr, no

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hell yeah smash up that group who claims to be inclusive yet uses a clearly gendered name

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i recently sold all of my lego sets because they were taking up space and my spirit animal is the dad from the lego movie who glues his sets together

so instead of watching my future children disassemble my dumb childhood toys to make spaceships or whatever i decided to get rid of them and build a new computer instead. i think i made around $800 off selling them all

yeah, but the PC gonna be worth $0 while that Lego collection will allow you to live like a king in the USA wasteland.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

PhoneBollocks

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I found that amusing as a kid because he was dressed up as Timo Taikuri.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ugh im having a nostalgia overload

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

I found that amusing as a kid because he was dressed up as Timo Taikuri.

i didn't know that ron jeremy was a taikuri too

• Locked thread