Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

A revolution in the same old energy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I have heard the last 4 digits of SSN are the only randomized part. So anyone in the world would have every voters SSN, general location, and name. Just the latter two let you guess voter party identification pretty well, and the SSN lets you gently caress with them. Change their address, take out a credit card, etc

The party the voter belongs to will be released too.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Tarantula posted:

So I finally got around to reading Guns of August, and every time Kaiser Willhelm II comes up I can't help but feel I've seen this behavior in someone before, then it hit me that he is motherfucking Trump, Bare with me here. Born to wealth and power and had everything given to him, despite every advantage given to him by this he turned out to be a colossal moron. Complained to foreign leaders he/his country wasn't getting the respect they deserved from the other nations/leaders, everything he touched he seemed to screw up with the only exceptions being things handled by competent underlings (and he took/tried to take credit for every success).
Unnecessarily aggravated and pissed of other leaders, held grudges to a stupid degree. Sure no two people in history are ever completely the same but man I just can't help but think Willhelm II was last centuries Trump, and to wrap it all up Trumps family is German descended and Trumps birth year is only 5 years after the Kaisers death.

Hmm...

quote:

...gifted, with a quick understanding, sometimes brilliant, with a taste for the modern,—technology, industry, science—but at the same time superficial, hasty, restless, unable to relax, without any deeper level of seriousness, without any desire for hard work or drive to see things through to the end, without any sense of sobriety, for balance and boundaries, or even for reality and real problems, uncontrollable and scarcely capable of learning from experience, desperate for applause and success,—as Bismarck said early on in his life, he wanted every day to be his birthday—romantic, sentimental and theatrical, unsure and arrogant, with an immeasurably exaggerated self-confidence and desire to show off, a juvenile cadet, who never took the tone of the officers' mess out of his voice, and brashly wanted to play the part of the supreme warlord, full of panicky fear of a monotonous life without any diversions, and yet aimless, pathological in his hatred against his English mother.

Everything after that first tiny part seems pretty spot on.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

The energy REVOLUTION will not be televised, no cameras or mics allowed

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Lord Hydronium posted:

Are you saying the Animaniacs lied to me? :colbert:
Look, I'll give anyone that can name every country in under two minutes the benefit of the doubt at least once.

Lightning Lord posted:

No it's exploding dragon men in a Mormon wizard world
Shadowrun reboot sounding weird.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

CommieGIR posted:

Well it is not called the cycle of revolution for nothing.

Because we are almost to the Chaos point of the cycle.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

ZobarStyl posted:

Is it socially unacceptable mocking to ask which loving eye I'm supposed to follow when Sanders is talking? I don't want to flaunt my able privilege but wouldn't all that money daddy got from gubmintin' cover a procedure to fix that poo poo?

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-mxBDuRaZ8

I try not to judge women based on their looks, but goddamn this woman is hard to look at. Even without the eye she is repulsive. Just looking at her makeup, clothes, jewelry, mannerisms, voice etc I feel like I know exactly what she is like as a person because she reminds me of several women IRL. I can't even imagine being the poor dude who has to maintain an erection while loving that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Doctor Butts posted:

The party the voter belongs to will be released too.

... you guys do know literally everyone already has access to that exact data right? Its publicly available through the secretary of state for campaigns and pacs in every state and any national effort worth its salt uses it as a baseline to add more info to.

The hosed up part here is that the Whote House is asking for it so they can gently caress with it and probably make new guidelines to suppress votes. But the info itself is stupid common and used by every organization who works on elections. In 2018 just walk in to volunteer at some office and the call sheet/walk packet they give you will almost certainly have name/age/party ID/registed address/phone and was generated using previous voting decisions etc.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Tarantula posted:

So I finally got around to reading Guns of August, and every time Kaiser Willhelm II comes up I can't help but feel I've seen this behavior in someone before, then it hit me that he is motherfucking Trump, Bare with me here. Born to wealth and power and had everything given to him, despite every advantage given to him by this he turned out to be a colossal moron. Complained to foreign leaders he/his country wasn't getting the respect they deserved from the other nations/leaders, everything he touched he seemed to screw up with the only exceptions being things handled by competent underlings (and he took/tried to take credit for every success).
Unnecessarily aggravated and pissed of other leaders, held grudges to a stupid degree. Sure no two people in history are ever completely the same but man I just can't help but think Willhelm II was last centuries Trump, and to wrap it all up Trumps family is German descended and Trumps birth year is only 5 years after the Kaisers death.

Don't give him any ideas about reincarnation.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

D-Pad posted:

I try not to judge women based on their looks, but goddamn this woman is hard to look at. Even without the eye she is repulsive. Just looking at her makeup, clothes, jewelry, mannerisms, voice etc I feel like I know exactly what she is like as a person because she reminds me of several women IRL. I can't even imagine being the poor dude who has to maintain an erection while loving that.

Perhaps, next time you feel compelled to post things like this.... don't.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

D-Pad posted:

This is extremely misogynistic. She looks like a pretty normal looking woman to me. Don't project hatred of her political beliefs onto her looks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

As oil sits at 40 dollars a gallon and all the Major oil companies go through a 7th round of layoffs

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Okay, that's legitimately funny.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

:golfclap:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

D-Pad posted:

As a woman with a lazy eye, it's nice to know I'm less of a person because of something I was born with.

Also you can go gently caress yourself.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
IN his speech Trump finally advocated for something I agree with today when he called for more nuclear energy but I watched the entire speech and continue to feel nothing but embarrassment and sadness. Hoe cold anyone watch that and go "yep. Just what America needs. tells like it is". Except he didn't even tell it as it is. He literally made up easily checkable statements as facts and interjected his vendettas every other sentence.

The tepid applause somehow even made it harder to watch for some reason.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Deified Data posted:

Didn't they offer him immunity a while back and then rescind it? Either he's got nothing particularly damning on anyone other than himself or the case is so rock solid against the conspirators that they don't need his testimony. I know which possibility I've been conditioned to think is more likely.

He asked for it to try to pull an Ollie North, and the committees declined because they thought he was trying to pull a fast one.

It's been rumored that he's been maybe cooperating with the FBI for a couple months now, though. Presumably because he knows he's hosed, now. The question is how far up does it actually go, and how much actionable evidence he can provide.

Also note that his son is caught up in a lot of this, too, which wasn't necessarily as obvious when Flynn first tried for immunity. So that gives Flynn an extra incentive to cooperate, since they can hold charges over Jr.'s head as well.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Lacrosse posted:

As a woman with a lazy eye, it's nice to know I'm less of a person because of something I was born with.

yeah shoutout to some of the posters for showcasing the bipartisan nature of trump's sexism. good job there.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Regarding the Huckabee eye, is that a hereditary thing? #1 big boy Huckabee seems to have it too.

Not that it's a bad thing. Just wondering if it's in the family or super random.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

That history degree is finally paying off.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Lacrosse posted:

Welcome to the internet. All the good people got off this ride a long time ago. It's poo poo all the way down.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Sorry everyone. I wasn't aware that in a thread where we refer to the President as an orange cheeto, make fun of of the size of his rear end in golf attire, and critizice the appearance of other political figures (Sessions small stature, Ann Coulter's horseface etc) that we draw the line at calling an ugly woman ugly.

Lacrosse posted:

Where exactly did I say she was less of a person because of her lazy eye? I'll be sure to tell the committee on societal standards of beauty that I chair that we need to make some changes.

D-Pad fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 30, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I mean yeah we are technically on the edging towards a revolution but I don't think it's the type you will like.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In case not saying it is a problem, the poo poo about Huckabee-Sanders is gross. She's a liar and an rear end in a top hat and that should be enough.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
and a huckabee

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

STAC Goat posted:

In case not saying it is a problem, the poo poo about Huckabee-Sanders is gross. She's a liar and an rear end in a top hat and that should be enough.

...and looks like her dad in drag so she has a lot of things going for her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

skylined! posted:

and a huckabee

I called her a liar and an rear end in a top hat, didn't I?

It was genuinely funny when that one reporter asked her if she'd tell her kids the President was a role model. The President? How about Grandpa?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

D-Pad posted:

Sorry everyone. I wasn't aware that in a thread where we refer to the President as an orange cheeto, make fun of of the size of his rear end in golf attire, and critizice the appearance of other political figures (Sessions small stature, Ann Coulter's horseface etc) that we draw the line at calling an ugly woman ugly.

Where exactly did I say she was less of a person because of her lazy eye? I'll be sure to tell the committee on societal standards of beauty that I chair that we need to make some changes.

Attacking women for their appearance is noticeably different than attacking men for it. If you would like further explanation, I have good news, odds are good that people are about to explain very loudly.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Trump is fat and gross and so is Sanders. Man, woman, both, neither, they are both gross looking people.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

theres a will theres moe posted:

Regarding the Huckabee eye, is that a hereditary thing? #1 big boy Huckabee seems to have it too.

Not that it's a bad thing. Just wondering if it's in the family or super random.

The hippies were right, GMO corn/grits are bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Good for Terry McAllffe.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Attacking women for their appearance is noticeably different than attacking men for it. If you would like further explanation, I have good news, odds are good that people are about to explain very loudly.

So wait, now we aren't supposed to treat men and women equally the same? I can't keep up. The committee on equality of the sexes needs to release a memo. I will let my colleague know.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

theres a will theres moe posted:

It's got non-hereditary causes, but yeah, apparently there's a strong genetic causal route.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
How about an inoffensive way to say she's a poo poo person is to say she's no Thom Yorke

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait for trump to either get asked directly about the new Flynn story or talk about it on Twitter for no reason. He literally just confirmed that the Russians interfered on Twitter, perhaps just days before his campaign gets implicated in colluding or even requesting that they do so. There's no way he stays silent and disciplined about this, it seems like he loves Flynn like a son for some reason.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

D-Pad posted:

lol you can't be serious with this poo poo

grow up rapidly or gently caress off

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

empty whippet box posted:

I can't wait for trump to either get asked directly about the new Flynn story or talk about it on Twitter for no reason. He literally just confirmed that the Russians interfered on Twitter, perhaps just days before his campaign gets implicated in colluding or even requesting that they do so. There's no way he stays silent and disciplined about this, it seems like he loves Flynn like a son for some reason.

Yeah literally but not LITERALLY!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Holy fuckin poo poo the presidents such a dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
There's an episode of Rick & Morty where we meet Abradolf Lincler, the product of a horribly misguided attempt to create a morally neutral leader by growing a clone from the combined DNA of both Abraham Lincoln and Adolf Hitler. It goes about as badly as you would expect.

Whenever I hear the name "Huckabee Sanders," that episode pops into my head, with me imagining that Rick took a second run at the idea.

• Locked thread