Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass

D-Pad posted:

So wait, now we aren't supposed to treat men and women equally the same? I can't keep up. The committee on equality of the sexes needs to release a memo. I will let my colleague know.

It's really more about not being a butthole to people. And you're being a butthole with this.

UncleButts fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

I'd do it of I had Twitter plat upgrade (that's what the little checks are for right??)

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Autism Sneaks posted:

I'd do it of I had Twitter plat upgrade (that's what the little checks are for right??)

I don't have a check and I was able to report. Good idea! I'm sure if they review his history they find him to be quite an abusive rear end in a top hat

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
The idea of trump being banned from Twitter makes me strangely giddy.

(Never happen)

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

That encouraged me to report his account for personally abusive tweets. Not gonna do anything except maybe put a little pressure on twitter

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
just the best people

https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/878294996469796865

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Twitter doesn't give a gently caress guys

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

bird cooch posted:

(Never happen)

nothing can touch powerful daddy trump who is the source of all good in the world and has all power within him, as we all know, and would never dare say otherwise. However celebrities do get banned or suspended from twitter. Azealia Banks, PewDiePie, Courtney Love and Martin Shkreli all are famous people that got banned.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's still fun

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

That's illegal

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

nothing can touch powerful daddy trump who is the source of all good in the world and has all power within him, as we all know, and would never dare say otherwise. However celebrities do get banned or suspended from twitter. Azealia Banks, PewDiePie, Courtney Love and Martin Shkreli all are famous people that got banned.

Hah, what did PewDiePie do to get banned? He's an idiot who's posted some racist stuff but doesn't seem like the type to intentionally abuse or threaten

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You're assuming that Twitter's review process is anything other than "grep -f naughty_words.txt $ACCOUNT.txt".

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bird cooch posted:

(Never happen)

Why would you want Trump off twitter? He's only doing himself damage with his tweets.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yay, another impending resignation in disgrace.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Why would you want Trump off twitter? He's only doing himself damage with his tweets.

Imagine how mad he would get about a 24h ban though. It would be worth not allowing him to self sabotage for a day.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
He would hold a live press conference.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Attacking women for their appearance is noticeably different than attacking men for it. If you would like further explanation, I have good news, odds are good that people are about to explain very loudly.

I'll quietly say that American (I'm an American) culture places such a strange burden of aesthetics on professional figures with authority who happen to be ladies. It seems to erupt into something much more vile when it's someone you disagree with. Let's go back to news radio only.

:females:

e- This qualifier does not apply to men at all, so yeah the president is easily cheeto-benito.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 30, 2017

B B
Dec 1, 2005

If anyone is wondering how Right Wing Media is handling the WSJ story:

https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/880586481278099458

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Maddow's starting her show off with the WittesBomb.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

He would hold a live press conference.

"If I can't Tweet - NO ONE can. I've ordered drone strikes on every cloud in America. Barron told me I'd have to 'destroy the cloud' to destroy Twitter."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I proudly post here with egg on my face about tick tick guy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nine-gear crow posted:

Maddow's starting her show off with the WittesBomb.

Hayes did too.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"If I can't Tweet - NO ONE can. I've ordered drone strikes on every cloud in America. Barron told me I'd have to 'destroy the cloud' to destroy Twitter."

Destroying twitter would actually be a policy I could get behind.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Atomicated posted:

Destroying twitter would actually be a policy I could get behind.

I can't think of a single downside. (besides Trump no longer being able to kneecap himself as easily, of course; mcmagic has a point there)

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

B B posted:

If anyone is wondering how Right Wing Media is handling the WSJ story:

https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/880586481278099458

:eyepop:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Majorian posted:

I can't think of a single downside. (besides Trump no longer being able to kneecap himself as easily, of course; mcmagic has a point there)

@dog_rates must be protected at all costs

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/880571465023856641

What an amazing time to be alive.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Of loving course.

The question is, what kind of assassins would the Clintons employ? Like Leon the professional, or more Deadly Viper Assassination Squad?

Fake edit - lol Kill Bill

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

To be fair to Alex Jones, the theory did explain where his child sex slaves disappeared to.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

I actually cracked up because this is a real thing. People actually sought confirmation on this. Hollywood must be so pissed to know that movies and tv are useless now and that their workforce will be obliterated, because nothing is funny or interesting as politics right now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Because Pizzagate wasn't crazy enough.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The sooner Alex Jones has a nervous breakdown, eats his own poo poo, and gets stuck in solitary confinement, the better.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
In actual news

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/880591249404833792

Trumps air traffic control privatization died in the Senate committee. No guarantee it won't be brought back(the house committee passed it) but it would be an uphill struggle considering the short time frame.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Guaranteed that the NASA Press person was bored today.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nine-gear crow posted:

God drat I think SHS might legitimately be even dumber than Sean Spicer. And I look forward to her personally calling me out and insulting me 10x harder at tomorrow's press conference because that's how poo poo works now I guess.

She's a moron who only has that job because of her con artist dad and if she was born in to a regular southern family she'd be working at a grocery store or call center maybe making a living wage while being stuck in the hellish poverty her dad and his ilk inflict on others.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Hastings posted:

Hollywood must be so pissed to know that movies and tv are useless now and that their workforce will be obliterated, because nothing is funny or interesting as politics right now.

Or terrifying.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Alex Jones, pop tart astronaut, is on the case!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Trump has been quite the inspiration for students in southern universities
https://twitter.com/AUWSU/status/880064995295244288

https://twitter.com/OleMissAltRight/status/848963323550982144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Lote posted:

Guaranteed that the NASA Press person was bored today.
I mean, what the hell else does he have to do these days?

• Locked thread