Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't know anythinig about Inhumans I just thought the acting looked terrible and the costumes super cheap. Why even have Ramsey Bolton attempt a horrible accent, just make him British.

Also :lol: at "filmed in IMAX!!" followed by an incredible shot of some guy walking down a corridor, definitely sells "see this in the most expensive format around".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

McSpanky posted:

In order for it to be bad it would have to be attempting something interesting or exciting and failing. It looks worse than bad, it looks bland and tepid.
Yeah it's very very flat looking, from the cinematography to the set decoration.

Considering Inhumans are one of the harder sell and less popular parts of the Marvel universe, I was hoping it would be a little more out there, but it looks like Agents of SHIELD. Which is not a compliment.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a place holder between Agents of SHIELD seasons... so it was always going to be in that realm.

The IMAX stuff probably gave people a lot of expectations, and honestly that's on them (Marvel/ABC/whoever) for giving people reason to expect flashy visuals if they didn't have any. And if they're still working on them like I hope than its on them for releasing a bunch of half done trailers specifically missing the stuff people want to see.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/880595797695483913

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Arist posted:

I love Bowie's version but it's not even the best version of that song

Oh you want to fight huh? Cobain's is adequate. Bowie's is sublime.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress Cobain.

Midge Ure is the best.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was actually referring to this one, yes

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Duh, because it's the one from MGSV.

Speaking of, apparently Peace Walker wasn't included in digital HD MGS collection, which is bullshit, because it is on disc. So I bought it. It's downloading now while I finish my essay.

Twin Snakes is like 40 bucks :\

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Snak posted:

Duh, because it's the one from MGSV.

Speaking of, apparently Peace Walker wasn't included in digital HD MGS collection, which is bullshit, because it is on disc. So I bought it. It's downloading now while I finish my essay.

Twin Snakes is like 40 bucks :\

I hadn't heard that version until MGSV and I think it's honestly my favorite rendition now.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah it's very very flat looking, from the cinematography to the set decoration.

Considering Inhumans are one of the harder sell and less popular parts of the Marvel universe, I was hoping it would be a little more out there, but it looks like Agents of SHIELD. Which is not a compliment.

I feel bad for everyone involved, especially Iwan Rheon and Anson Mount. The official list of Good Inhumans is as following:

1: Kamala Khan
2: Lockjaw

67: Medusa
68: Maximus

69 - 10,923: Every other Inhuman
10,924: Black Bolt

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vanderdeath posted:

I hadn't heard that version until MGSV and I think it's honestly my favorite rendition now.

I love how its inclusion in the game is actually massive foreshadowing, but I honestly can't pick which version is my favorite. All three are really, really good.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Black Bolt is fine but he needs his gimp suit.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I just hope they call him by his full name at every opportunity

BLACKAGAR

BOLTAGON

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Black Bolt freaking owns, or at least he did back in the marvel age of comics where everything was cool and no one cared about the X-men. They've leaned way too hard on "heavy the head that wears the crown" in recent interpretations of the character.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Lurdiak posted:

Black Bolt freaking owns, or at least he did back in the marvel age of comics where everything was cool and no one cared about the X-men. They've leaned way too hard on "heavy the head that wears the crown" in recent interpretations of the character.

So basically you're saying he was cool in the early 90's and before? I mean yeah but it's been a long rear end time since he wasn't boring as gently caress.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Croatoan posted:

So basically you're saying he was cool in the early 90's and before? I mean yeah but it's been a long rear end time since he wasn't boring as gently caress.

No one was cool in the early 90s.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Fair

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Curious to see if they end up doing a story line where Black Bolt loses his powers, so allowing the actor to speak.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

sbaldrick posted:

Black Bolt is fine but he needs his gimp suit.

Black Bolt looks like a fat Jim Caviezel.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Davros1 posted:

Curious to see if they end up doing a story line where Black Bolt loses his powers, so allowing the actor to speak.

Yeah that's a definite. It's just a matter of "Does it happen in the first episode or later".

Alternatively, a lot of telepathic communication.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JethroMcB posted:

I just hope they call him by his full name at every opportunity

BLACKAGAR

BOLTAGON

The current Black Bolt comic is one of the best comics around right now. Bonus points for being the first comic Saladin Ahmed has ever written. Usually a new writer from another medium takes some time to get in a groove and he hit the ground running.

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 30, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I remember a bunch of people posted and enjoyed Hmbomberguy's big takedown of Sherlock (which I didn't really like but whatever) so I feel obligated to post a new series he's started about discussing and criticizing the critics of Bill Nye Saves the World:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dklVypazQsA

I wasn't really into BNStW but I enjoyed his discussion of it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/880958421792464898

Hopefully if it ever happens it'll be a lot better than the godawful season 2 that almost killed it. Getting Ali would be a good first step

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

I remember a bunch of people posted and enjoyed Hmbomberguy's big takedown of Sherlock (which I didn't really like but whatever) so I feel obligated to post a new series he's started about discussing and criticizing the critics of Bill Nye Saves the World:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dklVypazQsA

I wasn't really into BNStW but I enjoyed his discussion of it.

A good video, thanks!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/880958421792464898

Hopefully if it ever happens it'll be a lot better than the godawful season 2 that almost killed it. Getting Ali would be a good first step

If you check out that link it says David Milch might also be pitching in to work with Nic Pizzolatto on this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

Yeah that's a definite. It's just a matter of "Does it happen in the first episode or later".

Alternatively, a lot of telepathic communication.

He's going to be using sign language in the show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

David Milch needs the money since he gambled everything away. The gently caress is the hold up with Deadwood.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

90% of the cast being big in demand actors today?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Season 3 of Killjoys starts tonight on Syfy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2jIZ8nXXgQ

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park have quit Hawaii Five-0 apparently they were unhappy about the fact that neither of them were getting paid the same as Alex O'Laughlin and Scott Caan.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park have quit Hawaii Five-0 apparently they were unhappy about the fact that neither of them were getting paid the same as Alex O'Laughlin and Scott Caan.

Having never watched the show I always assumed those two were the leads. I seriously hope CBS ends up regretting this.

Neva forget: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm more impressed that show is still on the air. I thought it went to Friday then Sunday and died.

gently caress CBS

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I thought it was cancelled years ago.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

lol at Asians thinking they can get paid the same as whites

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Regy Rusty posted:

Having never watched the show I always assumed those two were the leads. I seriously hope CBS ends up regretting this.

Neva forget: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

Thought for sure that YouTube link was going to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nu4FW4MsOQ

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

lol at Asians thinking they can get paid the same as whites

CBS' negotiating technique was apparently offering them 10% less than their costars. The other two guys also supposedly get points on the backend but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, see the Bones lawsuit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

muscles like this! posted:

CBS' negotiating technique was apparently offering them 10% less than their costars. The other two guys also supposedly get points on the backend but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, see the Bones lawsuit.

I've never seen the Hawaii show but I recognize Grace Park from BSG and Daniel Kim from 24/Lost. Who the gently caress are those other guys.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

I've never seen the Hawaii show but I recognize Grace Park from BSG and Daniel Kim from 24/Lost. Who the gently caress are those other guys.
They're white and male.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Mu Zeta posted:

I mean at the very least, Scott Caan is recognisable as being one of the guys from the OCEANS' movies. But who the gently caress knows anything of Alex O'Loughlin other than an ill-advised stint on the THE SHIELD when it was rumoured that FX forced him into the show. But when that show started, Dae Kim and Park were easily the most recognisable members of the cast.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jeremy Renner made more than Jennifer Lawrence for American Hustle

loving lol, you could have replaced him with a potato and nobody would've cared. Nobody is watching that movie for Hawkeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Didn't all the women quit off of CSI or Criminal Minds or something a couple of years ago because they were all making less then the men?

• Locked thread