Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
If you pay Melo in bitcoins you unlock Olympics Melo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

chunkles posted:

Teodosic is going to be a good signing for whoever ends up with him.

If we can just sign/trade for everyone who has Paul in their name this will have been a good offseason

You need players with the name Paul and George in their names.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

As a primarily CBB fan, please John gtfo

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

candide posted:

If you pay Melo in bitcoins you unlock Olympics Melo

i bet daryl morey has a ton of opinions about bitcoin and either vehemently likes it or opposes it and I'm just genuinely not sure which

edit: yep

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/866334588804714498

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/866835779594715136?lang=en

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 30, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

pubic works project posted:

You need players with the name Paul and George in their names.

Paul Millsap would be good too. We could combine him and Ryan Anderson into Paul Ryan Anderson, the player who believes in offense, defense and tax cuts for the wealthy.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

sharknado slashfic posted:

As a primarily CBB fan, please John gtfo

It's not going to happen because it makes too much sense

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

I don't think its unreasonable to think that Carmelo might look a lot better (especially on efficiency) if he is on a better team and a better system. He won't be worth his contract, but if he goes to Houston for people who might literally not exist its not like they had cap room to do anything else.

Yeah, you're talking about 2013 Melo

Assemble another team with Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler fresh off a title, add in Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby and they'll be able to cover his absent defense while being loud enough veterans to cow him into cutting out the garbage no-pass solo ball

At this point I don't think there's anyone left in the NBA except maybe LeBron who could help him out like that

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

quote:

And the most prominent manifestation of that addiction, as described by two dozen friends, family members, former players and associates, always comes back to video. Every person Thibodeau ever met, it seems, has a tale of the tape.

First story: when Bryant arrived early at Salem State in the early 1980s, his dorm was not ready. He stayed in Thibodeau’s apartment, which was mostly empty, save for a couch, a TV and a VCR. The athletic department did not install its own video system for 10 years. In that time, Thibodeau watched many hundreds of hours of tape. And perhaps even a few movies.

Fifth story: An assistant at Thibodeau’s alma mater, New Britain High School, went to visit him at Harvard, where he was an assistant after leaving Salem State. He could hardly see Thibodeau behind the tapes stacked atop his desk.

Fourteenth story: when one of his Harvard players visited Thibodeau in Minnesota, where he first entered the N.B.A. as an assistant in 1989, the player found the refrigerator empty. The player and his wife went to a Timberwolves game, then returned to the apartment, where Thibodeau taught the player’s wife how to break down game film.

The player was Arne Duncan, now the secretary of education. He pushed Jerry Reinsdorf, the Bulls’ chairman, to interview and hire Thibodeau.

Is a congressional mandate requiring the team hire competent people considered constitutionally valid? The Government needs to step in and fix a few teams, I'm thinking mostly NY and Chicago

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bogdan is getting 3 years, 27 million.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Three years ago, Morey chose to sign Trevor Ariza over Chandler Parsons. And now there's a story that Ariza was a big part of the CP3 recruitment because they're friends.

Morey came from the future.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

That seems like a good deal for the Kings

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Meanwhile Chandler has been sabotaging other SW teams by suckering them into big contracts then never playing for them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is for the Cool Buff Man:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

G-Hawk posted:

i bet daryl morey has a ton of opinions about bitcoin and either vehemently likes it or opposes it and I'm just genuinely not sure which

edit: yep

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/866334588804714498

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/866835779594715136?lang=en

I love my gaming gm

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

This is cool.

And he's the highest paid King right now lmao*

*not counting cap holds

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

People were saying KD on the Warriors wouldn't mesh well because of egos or whatever. There will always be doubters

this is pretty much how i've been thinking about the rocket's pick up

normally i'd be one to say "that'll never work!" but reality has superseded delusion and it can and will indeed work excellently

on a different note, with millsap considering a sign and trade, what are the chances that spurs east and spurs west will swap power forwards? would spurs want milllsap: is he at least equivalent to lma, have i heard injury rumors, would he want to sign with the spurs?

would the hawks want lma? they get a really good power forward and the shroder p+r plan doesn't seem to be panning out

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Spoeank posted:

This is cool.

And he's the highest paid King right now lmao*

*not counting cap holds

I don't think I realized how dire the roster was until I saw this

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It'll be the first time a rookie has been the highest paid salary on a team since back when rookies didn't get super scaled back wages.

Come on Kings, don't spend big to make history.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is for the Cool Buff Man:

Hahahah. Too good!

Really hope you get him

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is Bogdan Bogdanovic the slavic equivalent of Erick Erickson?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is Bogdan Bogdanovic the slavic equivalent of Erick Erickson?

He is that precisely, a Donald MacDonald, a Muhammad Ibn Muhammad

Potential top 5 pick and Texas recruit Mohammed Bamba was accused by his half brother of accepting $200 a week and other gifts from a financial advisor.

quote:

Ibrahim Johnson, a 6-foot-7 forward whose basketball career ended at Division II Montevallo, posted the 22-minute video on Wednesday afternoon. Shirtless and sitting poolside, Johnson alleged that Bamba accepted $200 a week in cash, vacations and gifts, including a California king size bed, from Greer Love, who is a vice president at Huron Capital. Love has degrees from Indiana and Michigan and previously worked at Watch Hill Partners, an Investment Bank in New York, according to his Huron Capital bio.

“He’s not going to play this year in the NCAA because I already reported him to the NCAA and I’m already going to meet with the NCAA,” said Johnson. “He’s not going to play this year. I’m not going to lie to you. I exposed that kid.”

The impetus for Johnson’s decision to turn Bamba in was a rift between the family that he alleges was caused by Love. Johnson was planning on following Bamba to whatever school he chose, enrolling in graduate school there and taking classes to become an NBA agent to represent Bamba. Bamba, according to Johnson, cut him out of the process. This is his revenge.
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....ancial-advisor/

https://www.facebook.com/ibrahim.johnson.5/videos/1509267002466218/

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 30, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/880607789114175489

:stare:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/880609866414534656

Zero parts of this make sense

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
isn't Sporting News one of those made up twitter spam websites

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Who is that random guy?

How would Cleveland be dumping enough salary to absorb both Paul George and George Hill???

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmao why would they do that?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
posting that is very mean to me

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

He is that precisely, a Donald MacDonald, a Muhammad Ibn Muhammad

Potential top 5 pick and Texas recruit Mohammed Bamba was accused by his half brother of accepting $200 a week and other gifts from a financial advisor.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....ancial-advisor/

https://www.facebook.com/ibrahim.johnson.5/videos/1509267002466218/

$200 a week? That's it? Horny programmers give than that more to models on Patreon

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/880606800453672960

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Theoretically, I think this would be sort of salary equivalent

Utah: Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson
Cleveland: George Hill, Paul George
Indiana: Multiple picks from Utah, Derrick Favors... Rodney Hood?

edit: Yeah it would have to be Thompson instead of love. I could sort of see that happening?

If you are Utah you'd want to do it ASAP to try to convince Hayward to re-sign. Kyrie is locked up for a long time so you'd have to be willing to give up multiple 1sts. Its extremely risky if you are Cleveland, given that Lebron might leave. You'd be left with a team of George Hill and Kevin Love. Maybe if Utah threw one of those 1st round picks your way it might lessen the blow. Utah has a lotto protected 2018 first rounder from OKC as well. I still can't see Cleveland doing that. That being said a team of George Hill / JR Smith / Lebron James / Paul George / Kevin Love is extremely good

SpiritOfSanDimas fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 30, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Theoretically, I think this would be sort of salary equivalent

Utah: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love
Cleveland: George Hill, Paul George
Indiana: Multiple picks, Derrick Favors... Rodney Hood?

I'm not sure Cleveland does that. You could switch Tristan Thompson for Kevin Love, but then I'm not sure Utah does it. Maybe they still do?

The Pacers would rather get TT than Favors. But I don't see why the Cavs would want George Hill over Kyrie.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/canishoopus/status/880594677921132544

:allears:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Pacers would rather get TT than Favors. But I don't see why the Cavs would want George Hill over Kyrie.

Plays defense probably. Also frees up space to get PG13, it's not just 'kyrie for hill'

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hahahaha has anyone text him yet?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
So he definitely has to be getting a new phone number now huh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChicagoSports/status/880615875723882496

Oh god sweet I don't have to defend rondo anymore

gently caress that motherfucker and his no shooting rear end face.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Time posted:

I don't think I realized how dire the roster was until I saw this

They have 9 guys on their first deals, including 2Bog Dan. They tore it all the way down to the studs to start over.

I'd much rather this than Rajon Rondo and Marco Belinelli and Omri Casspi and 30 wins forever

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Plays defense probably. Also frees up space to get PG13, it's not just 'kyrie for hill'

Also presumably Hayward would re-sign with the Jazz if they got Kyrie Irving. So you'd effectively be killing your biggest East rival (Celtics) before they were even born, as well as creating another Super-ish team in the West that Golden State will have to go through

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Gobert, Hayward, Irving is a pretty sweet lineup, and they have a little depth, depending on the trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cal posted:

NO ONE has contacted the Knicks on my behalf. I am the coach at Kentucky and will be for a long time! Even in Egypt I can’t escape the rumors. Are you kidding me?! It’s 5 in the morning and this is what I wake up to? Off to go see the pyramids in a bit. And by the way, I like my team. And my USA Basketball too!

• Locked thread