Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's a great way to get your head smashed in by falling shoes and cutlery.

That would actually probably happen, honestly. My life is a hot mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well during the night it's probably more engine blocks and entire truckfuls of industrial waste than shoes.

Picnic Princess posted:

... it's a walkway built through a canyon with a bunch waterfalls...
:rolleye:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

We once found an engine block dumped way up a muddy* ski slope in the forest. If there's any kind of nature anywhere, someone is going to dump waste there even if it takes more effort than dumping it somewhere legal.

*) On account of it being Summer

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Baronjutter posted:

I'm fine tossing apples cores and banana peels and poo poo into the woods, just toss it good and far from the trail so no one will see them.

Nooooo.

For one thing, they attract bugs and larger critters you aren't supposed to be feeding.

For another, somebody will see them. Maybe it'll just be me 'cause I'm already off-trail picking up Doritos bags (which, at least, aren't covered in ants/flies/bees like discarded produce is.)

But maybe it'll be another hiker. And do you know what a human being does when it sees garbage that's been dumped on the ground? It dumps more garbage on the ground.

If you have the physical strength to carry in an apple you can drat well carry out the core. :mad: Go home and compost that poo poo!

(I'm not trying to pick on you in particular, I just had to haul out a bunch of watermelon rinds today.)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Different location, but:

Here the rust is mixing with a natural hydrogen sulfide seep. Healthy!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If anyone finds my apple cores deep in the middle of a provincial park I'll eat my hat. Bugs and rot and general temperate rainforestness get rid of those things fast.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

artsy fartsy posted:

Nooooo.

For one thing, they attract bugs and larger critters you aren't supposed to be feeding.

For another, somebody will see them. Maybe it'll just be me 'cause I'm already off-trail picking up Doritos bags (which, at least, aren't covered in ants/flies/bees like discarded produce is.)

But maybe it'll be another hiker. And do you know what a human being does when it sees garbage that's been dumped on the ground? It dumps more garbage on the ground.

If you have the physical strength to carry in an apple you can drat well carry out the core. :mad: Go home and compost that poo poo!

(I'm not trying to pick on you in particular, I just had to haul out a bunch of watermelon rinds today.)
oh no, bugs in an existing ecosystem... whatever will occur....

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Who the hell owns a horse. I hate anyone that owns a horse.

Can you ever really own a horse?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
People who are super :smuggo: especially to the point where they have that smug look on their face and there's absolutely no way to convince them to even listen. It's INFURIATING. Currently I'm specifically thinking about driving, and assholes who think they're better than you because of how they drive. This anger started when I saw a minivan with a bumper sticker that said, "the closer you get the slower I go." gently caress you guy. And you'll see it here sometimes too, a goon who brags about being in the passing lane going 55 because "people shouldn't be going over the speed limit."

Sometimes I want to ram into people or run them over GTA-style. I live in the city where 99.9% of people are assholes who drive super fast, break the laws, and cut everyone off--the proper way to drive-- so it's infuriating when there's some suburban loser going the speed limit and obeying laws. Learn to drive in the city, rear end in a top hat!

Oh and then there's morons who try not to get their precious car scratched so they take up 2-3 parking spots on the street. You chose to live here, you should know your car is going to get damaged, so why the gently caress did you buy a super fancy new car? If you don't want your car to be scratched, move to the suburbs or take the bus.

Finally, people who drive instead of taking public transit; specifically, when public transit would be as fast or even faster than driving. It fucks over people that actually do have to drive. And they are also paying $60/day for parking, gently caress them also for being rich.

I am angry today.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Elizabethan Error posted:

oh no, bugs in an existing ecosystem... whatever will occur....

They get in my face, that's what occurs :mad:

There are some days up there when I really am Pigpen

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Who the hell owns a horse. I hate anyone that owns a horse.

Welcome to Amish country, friend. The buggies lose their charm pretty quick when they're blocking tight busy roads and there's poo poo everywhere

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

People who are super :smuggo: especially to the point where they have that smug look on their face and there's absolutely no way to convince them to even listen. It's INFURIATING. Currently I'm specifically thinking about driving, and assholes who think they're better than you because of how they drive. This anger started when I saw a minivan with a bumper sticker that said, "the closer you get the slower I go." gently caress you guy. And you'll see it here sometimes too, a goon who brags about being in the passing lane going 55 because "people shouldn't be going over the speed limit."

I can't think of a single person I know, grandparents included, who have this pussy-rear end belief and are vocal about it which is why it's so weird how many of them exist on SA. Driving around/with those goons might be infuriating. Get the gently caress out of the way idiots it's not insulting your personal honor if you're already too scared to go 60 in a 55, you are already too far gone to deserve respect

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Driving over the speed limit is literally as bad as driving drunk.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

People who act like not breaking the law is somehow the obnoxious or inconsiderate option. If someone's driving under the limit, that's a reasonable thing to complain about, but if you're whinging because you're being forced to drive at the speed limit because the person in front of you is, the problem there is you. Just drive at the right speed and reach your destination about half a minute later. It's really not a big deal.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

People who act like not breaking the law is somehow the obnoxious or inconsiderate option. If someone's driving under the limit, that's a reasonable thing to complain about, but if you're whinging because you're being forced to drive at the speed limit because the person in front of you is, the problem there is you. Just drive at the right speed and reach your destination about half a minute later. It's really not a big deal.

Passing lanes are for passing and you're legally allowed to exceed the speed limit to do so. If some jackass is controlling the lane for no reason then they're in the wrong

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

you're legally allowed to exceed the speed limit to do so

Not in any country I know of.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

littering pisses me off so much, it's so easy to NOT do it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not in any country I know of.

In my state (PA) it's literally against the law to refuse to move out of the way of faster traffic if you're in the left lane

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

Sometimes I want to ram into people or run them over GTA-style. I live in the city where 99.9% of people are assholes who drive super fast, break the laws, and cut everyone off--the proper way to drive-- so it's infuriating when there's some suburban loser going the speed limit and obeying laws. Learn to drive in the city, rear end in a top hat!

Oh and then there's morons who try not to get their precious car scratched so they take up 2-3 parking spots on the street. You chose to live here, you should know your car is going to get damaged, so why the gently caress did you buy a super fancy new car? If you don't want your car to be scratched, move to the suburbs or take the bus.

Finally, people who drive instead of taking public transit; specifically, when public transit would be as fast or even faster than driving. It fucks over people that actually do have to drive. And they are also paying $60/day for parking, gently caress them also for being rich.

I am angry today.

I'll never park in the passing lane because gently caress those people but I swear to god if you crawl up my rear end because I'm not speeding enough I'll go 20 under just to spite you.

Then you finish with take the bus after that rant?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

honda whisperer posted:

I'll never park in the passing lane because gently caress those people but I swear to god if you crawl up my rear end because I'm not speeding enough I'll go 20 under just to spite you.

Then you finish with take the bus after that rant?

Just get out of the way of the speed psychos, why would you try to make a dumb situation worse by escalating it? That's like walking up to a crazy ranting street person in the street and slapping them

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

In my state (PA) it's literally against the law to refuse to move out of the way of faster traffic if you're in the left lane

That is not the same thing at all. Speeding on the left lane is exactly 100% as illegal as speeding anywhere else, in PA or any other state.

e: It's the loving law it's not exactly hard to look up these things.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Just get out of the way of the speed psychos, why would you try to make a dumb situation worse by escalating it? That's like walking up to a crazy ranting street person in the street and slapping them

Multiple lanes and it never comes up. 2 lane road, double yellow, I'm already going 60 in a 55? gently caress them.

The best is to smile big as you can and wave happily when they pass you. Fucks em up every time.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

That is not the same thing at all. Speeding on the left lane is exactly 100% as illegal as speeding anywhere else, in PA or any other state.

e: It's the loving law it's not exactly hard to look up these things.

Why are you such a loving pussy

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

car culture and road rage is so sad please calm down

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why are you such a loving pussy

Why are you so unreasonably angry?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

it's cool to speed if everyone else is doing it

*dies in preventable car accident*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Snoo posted:

it's cool to speed if everyone else is doing it

*dies in preventable car accident*

quote:

An increase in average speed is directly related both to the likelihood of a crash occurring and to the severity of the consequences of the crash. For example, an increase of 1 km/h in mean vehicle speed results in an increase of 3% in the incidence of crashes resulting in injury and an increase of 4–5% in the incidence of fatal crashes.

An adult pedestrian’s risk of dying is less than 20% if struck by a car at 50 km/h and almost 60% if hit at 80 km/h.

(http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs358/en/]

As a pussy I like living.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Cowslips Warren posted:

I once worked with a girl named Jeopardy. Her childhood must have been great.

I know a Mormon couple who named their kid Sean. I was actually surprised it wasn't a more Biblical name.

Little thing: there are dozens of parking places and the car pulls in RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. Because walking another 10 feet would have been insanely hard!

My sister has a niece named Hiztory.

Her parents are EXACTLY the kind of trash you are picturing.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Thin Privilege posted:

This anger started when I saw a minivan with a bumper sticker that said, "the closer you get the slower I go."
this is exactly what defensive driving courses tell you to do if you're being tailgated fyi, so you're getting mad about deescalation tactics.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Elizabethan Error posted:

this is exactly what defensive driving courses tell you to do if you're being tailgated fyi, so you're getting mad about deescalation tactics.

Not exactly. If you are on a multi-lane road the defensive tactic is to move over to the right. Which if you were defensively driving in the first place you would be in unless passing. If you are on a single lane road then the protocol is to slow down enough to allow the tailgater to safely pass and if that is not possible to pull over and let them go by. Antagonizing a car behind you by intentionally obstructing their path and going slowly is the opposite of defensive driving.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
This is where your stood automatic cars fail again. The correct thing to do is to drop a couple of gears so the back wheels start spinning and smoking, the car slows down rapidly but the driver behind doesn't even get the courtesy of brake lights to warn them.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
my favourite cool thing that cool tailgaters do is get right up behind me when there's a slow fucker in front of me. You can see them too, dipshit, what the gently caress do you expect me to do. I'm not going 10 under for fun, and I'm sure as gently caress not going to climb up the rear end of someone who's showing me they can't drive properly.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Aesop Poprock posted:

Passing lanes are for passing and you're legally allowed to exceed the speed limit to do so. If some jackass is controlling the lane for no reason then they're in the wrong

People get pulled over for speeding in the passing lane all the time. I do agree that if you're going the speed limit you should be in the middle/right though. Leave the left lane for people who want to get tickets.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Snoo posted:

littering pisses me off so much, it's so easy to NOT do it

It's trash behaviour from trash people.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Speaking of bumper stickers: bumper stickers that make fun of other bumper stickers are almost always 10x worse than the original. Especially the ones that react to the ubiquitous "stick figure family" bumper stickers with something like "I LITERALLY WANT TO MURDER YOUR FAMILY BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BUMPER STICKER ABOUT THEM"

It reminds me of that bit from The Office where Dwight is recording a meeting with a tape recorder and people start narrating funny things that aren't actually happening, and then Andy just goes overboard with it by yelling "I AM NOW CHOPPING OFF PHYLLIS'S HEAD WITH A CHAINSAW"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8icc55lw1A

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I remove all the mirrors from my cars so I never have to look at the shitlords who tailgate

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I don't need more petty problems in my life so I just safely get out of their way. Take your rage out on the dude in front of me who is going the same speed, butthole.

Second to the left lane is usually better cruise control territory anyway.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Two lanes merging into one, my lane needs to merge into the right lane, which then merges to the roadway. Literally every single person in front of me is doing the zipper thing where one car slips in one at a time. For some reason the dildo in a mercedes next to me decides he doesn't want to follow suit and sits inches from the guy in front of him so that no one else (mainly me) can get in front of him.

Good job rear end in a top hat you've just slowed everyone down behind you because now I have to hit my brakes to slow to get behind you before the lane runs out.

It was a little satisfying to see the guy floor it once he got to the roadway, cutting people off so he could get to the far left lane as quick as he could, only to have to slam on his brakes because the left lane was stopped and everyone he just cutoff/passed drive by him.

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Jun 30, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People not understanding zipper merging is very very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It seems like people in expensive luxury cars always drive like complete dildos.

• Locked thread