Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheAgent posted:

sandi shook af reliving the tickle days right there

Can you blame her? Wouldn't you dream of more dignified and sensible times if you were stuck in the same situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Mr.Tophat posted:

I just wanted to let you know before I exit the forums and rest my head so I can preview Star Citizen during my REM cycle, that I did try and form any kind of joke in response to you. Unfortunately, nothing came to me, and sadly, unlike the Crobbler, when I produce nothing it isn't funny.

Yeah, but you've been freed.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I still can't tell if they are using Amazon's GPU particles and are taking the credit, or they wrote their own implementation because Chris needs everything custom made. You'd think they'd be shouting from the rooftops about their partnership with Amazon paying dividends. But instead we get no mention of Lumberyard, and they do a song and dance about getting programmers to work on a replacement for the old particle system.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I can't wait to read the letter from the chairman tomorrow!

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Mr.Tophat posted:

I was never freed, I was hellbanned, as were you all in turn for following the most fidelitious journey, we are all posting in the eighth circle of the SA underworld and I'm glad of it

I for one am glad we are in this together. We should all play games together.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

XK posted:

Yeah, but you've been freed.

Thanks Aladdin

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Metal cards were the higher tier ones. I have 2. :negative:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Also, I'm the disclaimer at the start of the segment that the dumb engine trails are all Chris's fault, and that they were always in the original vision. Almost as if there were some disagreements in the office, and Chris said Just Do It.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Tokamak posted:

Also, I'm the disclaimer at the start of the segment that the dumb engine trails are all Chris's fault, and that they were always in the original vision. Almost as if there were some disagreements in the office, and Chris said Just Do It.

So ypur the culprit of the current low fps. Good to know.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

grimcreaper posted:

I for one am glad we are in this together. We should all play games together.

We should watch videos together, goontu.be it up.

But yes, games should be played too. I do have Elite Dangerous, but I have not played it in forever and I didn't play it much to begin with. I also have Overwatch, because I like floating around and healing my fellow goon warriors. I'll get around to joining the SA Star Citizen discord again if that helps.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

grimcreaper posted:

So ypur the culprit of the current low fps. Good to know.

Actually, I'm a LumberParp developer and I'm mad that Chris is stealing my valor.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Warhawk109 posted:

I can't wait to read the letter from the chairman tomorrow!

Is that what they're doing now? As a thread, we've long since given up on following any of their video media, just because it's so empty, and worthless, and 45 minutes long. Except for snips that some brave soldier finds and points out. There's still 2 or 3 videos coming out per week, and we can barely get a single post about them, to the extent that posters have asked if they're even doing videos anymore.

Does he do weekly letters now, or something?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Hobold posted:

Metal cards were the higher tier ones. I have 2. :negative:

They did actually send those out? Actual metal cards. Which I pegged at costing something like 60 cents a piece.

lol

Do they get all bent up if you try to put them in a wallet, or do anything with them other than stick them in a drawer?

Hobold posted:

I have 2. :negative:

Also: lol

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

XK posted:

Is that what they're doing now? As a thread, we've long since given up on following any of their video media, just because it's so empty, and worthless, and 45 minutes long. Except for snips that some brave soldier finds and points out. There's still 2 or 3 videos coming out per week, and we can barely get a single post about them, to the extent that posters have asked if they're even doing videos anymore.

Does he do weekly letters now, or something?

Croberts usually writes a letter from the chairman when there's some big disappointing news, which both theAgent and DS alluded to earlier.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Mr.Tophat posted:

I'll get around to joining the SA Star Citizen discord again if that helps.

Discord is the poo poo version of IRC for losers.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Warhawk109 posted:

Croberts usually writes a letter from the chairman when there's some big disappointing news

I didn't realize he was doing daily letters.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

XK posted:

They did actually send those out? Actual metal cards. Which I pegged at costing something like 60 cents a piece.

lol

Do they get all bent up if you try to put them in a wallet, or do anything with them other than stick them in a drawer?

Also: lol

I know. :negative:

I can't answer to their durability. They got stuffed in a box somewhere when everything started to fall apart.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Hobold posted:

I know. :negative:

I can't answer to their durability. They got stuffed in a box somewhere when everything started to fall apart.

No judgment commando, you're here now, but how much did you spend to get those cards, or to be able to have access to get those cards? And 2?

Do they seem like they would easily get all bent up? I'm just asking because we have very little first hand report on their metal cards.

Have you gotten your refund yet?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cattetax because I have catte:

His name is Macro and he goes at 100fps.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
Did someone mis-read the script?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6k9lzq/i_say_bravo_to_cig_for_how_far_they_have_come_on/

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

XK posted:

No judgment commando, you're here now, but how much did you spend to get those cards, or to be able to have access to get those cards? And 2?

Do they seem like they would easily get all bent up? I'm just asking because we have very little first hand report on their metal cards.

Have you gotten your refund yet?

The 2nd card came from when either :cig: hosed up, or the supplier did and like half the people that were supposed to get them, didn't. So they didnt a 2nd run of cards for those that got lost, and for those that upgraded to a new tier.

I can't remember what the first metal tier was, but $250 had a gold one, and $1k had a silver/platinum one. After that I don't think there was another card until the $5k level. I never got that deep.

E; They seemed somewhat sturdy, in that they were equal to or slightly thicker than credit cards. The crap they put on the cards for the design was some thin rear end, faux leather crap that I read could just rub off.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I don't even know how to parse that comment stream, but:

quote:

I Say Bravo to CIG for how far they have come on ATV! self.starcitizen

submitted 10 hours ago by ataraxic89

I just wanted to openly praise CIG for how amazing the progress has been on ATV itself. I remember watching the very first episode of ATV. It was awful.

Like most backers I didnt watch it again until season 3 (current season) and now its literally the high point of my week when it comes to entertainment.

Great work.

It's literally seasons, like a real produced show with content. :negative:

gently caress the game, we have seasons of content.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Hobold posted:

The 2nd card came from when either :cig: hosed up, or the supplier did and like half the people that were supposed to get them, didn't. So they didnt a 2nd run of cards for those that got lost, and for those that upgraded to a new tier.

I can't remember what the first metal tier was, but $250 had a gold one, and $1k had a silver/platinum one. After that I don't think there was another card until the $5k level. I never got that deep.

E; They seemed somewhat sturdy, in that they were equal to or slightly thicker than credit cards. The crap they put on the cards for the design was some thin rear end, faux leather crap that I read could just rub off.

Originally, it was plastic up until $500? $1000? Then metal.

However, they then allowed the $100+ tiers to pay extra to get their cards in metal.

You were only supposed to get one card for the highest tier, so I created new accounts and split several packages across multiple accounts so I could pretty much get one of each card.

I have lots, including one signed by Chris, to my shame.

I sold my "high value" ships on the grey market, then refunded for the rest.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Which one of you is this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6kdbwp/possibly_important_news_tomorrow/?st=J4JAGEKK&sh=04d31636

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

radd posted:

Originally, it was plastic up until $500? $1000? Then metal.

However, they then allowed the $100+ tiers to pay extra to get their cards in metal.

You were only supposed to get one card for the highest tier, so I created new accounts and split several packages across multiple accounts so I could pretty much get one of each card.

I have lots, including one signed by Chris, to my shame.

You remember more than I do. :shrug:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ManofManyAliases posted:

I especially like the part where an armchair-lawyer is telling a real lawyer facts about law.

If only there was someone who would tweet about what we should do with armchair lawyers...

aren't you just a dumpy looking paralegal toast

like no offence i don't think CIG would be dumb enough to have a lawyer also handling forum moderation

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Hobold posted:

It sounds like they couldn't even get their 60 cent per piece cards right.

Also, metal cards are poo poo. They sound cool, but are completely unrealistic in the real world. Not that you would actually be using a Star Citizen card for anything in reality. It's more just, "Metal card, kick rear end." Where real kick rear end cards are just still plastic, like the AMEX Express Centurion Black card.

XK fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 30, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I hope that's real.

quote:

The gist is going to be that seamless landings won't be in 3.0 and it'll be a separate module to test terrain, bikes, etc. Some very cool stuff.

Everything they've promised is a lie. Very cool stuff.

Hitting hardcore Poe's Law at this point.

quote:

[–]logicsolBounty Hunter [score hidden] 24 minutes ago

We've already seen planetary transitions at work.

:allears:

XK fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 30, 2017

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Hobold posted:

You remember more than I do. :shrug:

No, you're certainly right in that CIG (or their low budget supplier) hosed up, because lots of people who pledged after the campaign closed but before cards were printed wanted one, but CIG said it was a campaign reward only, then they backflipped. Then the first shipment went out, and lots of the non-Roman characters (things with umlauts etc) were all hosed up and not printed, so they decided to do another run to fix that and allowed people who missed out to purchase one in that run.

They then continued with the non-Roman character fuckup for their Subscriber Wall (identical fuckup to the backer card printing): http://sanctuaryrepublic.com/forum/topic/3721-find-your-name-on-the-virtual-wall-of-honor/ which was apparently already in production when they showed the image to the public and people complained about issues in their name. I haven't seen it in person, but I am sure it's either a) not fixed, b) reprinted with more backer money, or c) in storage or landfill somewhere.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

XK posted:

Seriously, did anyone ever get metal cards?

If the game ever releases, and is in a state that we can actually play it, we could get some lookalike metal business cards made.

To further the grief of the people who think they're special because they have a crappy one from CIG.

I actually priced a nicer version of metal cards with a "goon" flair to it. Less than 3 dollars each, if you order more than 70.

Probably better pricing somewhere but..meh. :effort:

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Logicsol is my favourite. There's no limit to depths he will go to defend The Faith.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
What happened to Money? I know he's successful at directing so I guess he left to do that ages ago but was there ever a sendoff of any sort?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

radd posted:

No, you're certainly right in that CIG (or their low budget supplier) hosed up, because lots of people who pledged after the campaign closed but before cards were printed wanted one, but CIG said it was a campaign reward only, then they backflipped. Then the first shipment went out, and lots of the non-Roman characters (things with umlauts etc) were all hosed up and not printed, so they decided to do another run to fix that and allowed people who missed out to purchase one in that run.

They then continued with the non-Roman character fuckup for their Subscriber Wall (identical fuckup to the backer card printing): http://sanctuaryrepublic.com/forum/topic/3721-find-your-name-on-the-virtual-wall-of-honor/ which was apparently already in production when they showed the image to the public and people complained about issues in their name. I haven't seen it in person, but I am sure it's either a) not fixed, b) reprinted with more backer money, or c) in storage or landfill somewhere.

The stupid fancy plaque they made for their wall had one of the tips broken off.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

If the game ever releases, and is in a state that we can actually play it, we could get some lookalike metal business cards made.

To further the grief of the people who think they're special because they have a crappy one from CIG.

I actually priced a nicer version of metal cards with a "goon" flair to it. Less than 3 dollars each, if you order more than 70.

Probably better pricing somewhere but..meh. :effort:

$3 dollars for a super fancy one, sure. Basic punched out metal cards with writing screened on to them, like what CIG was offering, are something like 60 cents a piece.

That card does look nice as gently caress. There's no way it could stand up to anything but being put away in protective storage, though.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

XK posted:

$3 dollars for a super fancy one, sure. Basic punched out metal cards with writing screened on to them, like what CIG was offering, are something like 60 cents a piece.

That card does look nice as gently caress. There's no way it could stand up to anything but being put away in protective storage, though.

How much was CIG charging?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

How much was CIG charging?

I'm pretty sure it was $10 plus shipping.

Edit: But only after you'd already spent $1,000+.

XK fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 30, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kayak, Minus, and Biscuit tax

XK posted:

I'm pretty sure it was $10 plus shipping.

Edit: But only after you'd already spent $1,000+.

Wasn't that just for the like platinum super high roller card? Or was that for all the cards on the second go?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

Kayak, Minus, and Biscuit tax

Wasn't that just for the like platinum super high roller card? Or was that for all the cards on the second go?

I have no idea about the tiers of cards. I do remember when Streetroller got his refund, and CIG tried to deny his refund, they cited shipping confirmation numbers to paypal, and Streetroller said the only physical item that had ever been shipped to him was one of those cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I'm pretty sure you had to be $1,000+ to be able to get a card.