Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

NoneMoreNegative posted:

If you flick through the gibbis AliExpress thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806076

And the PYF knockoff thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780997

There's a shitload of bootleg LEGO stuff that will amuse.

i appreciate the concept but not the wanker commentary stuffed between photos of silly things !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py44k46RR_0

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdqstljJ0Oc

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

uli also overcame his sleep schedule bullshit and works basically full time as a cashier at walmart. he's training to become a csm and is working on getting his drivers license

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

duTrieux. posted:

silicon valley, 1982

Roosevelt posted:

i'm the dead/bought companies

next

im the shweppes

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

polyester concept posted:

uli also overcame his sleep schedule bullshit and works basically full time as a cashier at walmart. he's training to become a csm and is working on getting his drivers license

uli could probably overpower me and break both my arms with his advanced swim training and superior focus. i wish i had a place to go swimming.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

uli could probably overpower me and break both my arms with his advanced swim training and superior focus. i wish i had a place to go swimming.

that would degrease you

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

:unsmith: yay uli

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a rare success story

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

a rare success story

it's not terribly funny but a lot of the people who flocked around him to try to teach a lesson about sharing on the internet are themselves not great

almost as if they could have spent their time better

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well the fire level will be next, right?

nah, running, gonna have to practice parkour if i remember my mario correctly

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

syscall girl posted:

it's not terribly funny but a lot of the people who flocked around him to try to teach a lesson about sharing on the internet are themselves not great

I read his book because it was linked somewhere and then I read some of his web site things but that was really it. He's not much of a writer but the cover is nice and computery:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

I read his book because it was linked somewhere and then I read some of his web site things but that was really it. He's not much of a writer but the cover is nice and computery:

parallax scrolling works on a lot of levels :allears:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

syscall girl posted:

parallax scrolling works on a lot of levels :allears:

only on so many levels tho

pram
Jun 10, 2001

syscall girl posted:

i read the first sa thread about him. which must have literally been 10+ years ago. lol. i cant believe people have been following this dude habitually that long

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

pram posted:

i read the first sa thread about him. which must have literally been 10+ years ago. lol. i cant believe people have been following this dude habitually that long

Its weird because he never shunned, nor embraced his "fame", just sort of accepted it. He just became a weird reality show for all us austimos.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

i am most proud of having mac mcclelland on my fb alt

and mat bors on my real one

every time i log in to toy blast i carefully avoid sending them a message about toy blast

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
and this unfunny guy zack parsons

always linking to some awful website

and can i get the zombie siskel articles out of him that he did on geist.com?

we're technically friends but the answer is always no

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

aliexpress.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjeatgFVYL8

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

and mat bors on my real one

oh yeah me2 he was just addin people for awhile there

tho i think he might've converted his page to a public person one after he got his book published

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh yeah me2 he was just addin people for awhile there

tho i think he might've converted his page to a public person one after he got his book published

oh yeah he has

been avoiding the entire site for a while now due to an uncle who i fuggen love but his political opinions are insane

i can't unfriend him but don't know what to do

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Don't dream it, be it

https://wyodakyells.tumblr.com/post/162021229567

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

he also acknowledges his family is toxic and holding him back from happiness in life, he's saving up to move to florida by himself. still eats nothing but frozen cheese pizzas, hamburger helper (minus the hamburger), and instant oatmeal tho.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
and i'm an admin for a writer who got the public person treatment

can't be assed to figure out the the fb ui except when i'm helping someone else out

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

he also acknowledges his family is toxic and holding him back from happiness in life, he's saving up to move to florida by himself. still eats nothing but frozen cheese pizzas, hamburger helper (minus the hamburger), and instant oatmeal tho.

I bet his parents are trump voters.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/880445852023746560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

lol
america is p hosed up lately

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

https://github.com/leon196/ShaderGum

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

quote:

In 1983, a Police sting operation arrested 3 exotic dancers for allegedly breaking the Counties nudity ordinance. The judge presiding over the trial allowed a dancer to bend over to show the judge that her outfit did not indecently expose her. The judge agreed.

quote:

Bill Clinton is shown here in one of his first meetings with his intern, Monica Lewinsky.

quote:

Anthony Biddle was a famous colonel, known for his hand-to-hand combat abilities. He was also known for daring his soldiers to surround and kill him. He always succeeded in disarming them and breaking free.

quote:

The real-life crew that was depicted in the TV show Band of Brothers is seen here at Hitler’s home, The Eagle’s Nest.

Taken in 1928, the mystery behind this picture still remains unsolved.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

i think i had the ice planet monorail? was that a thing?

i definitely had this one and it owned so bad, i made my own bigass ship out of it and some of the space police/blacktron sets

the last time yospos had lego chat, someone (syscall girl?) posted this set and a super depressing story about their bipolar grandmother who bought this set in a manic phase, but then grandpa made made them return the set before they could open it.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jesus h. christ

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

syscall girl posted:

oh yeah he has

been avoiding the entire site for a while now due to an uncle who i fuggen love but his political opinions are insane

i can't unfriend him but don't know what to do

you can unfollow him. i have 2 cousins and an uncle i no longer deal with on facebook because theyre loving nutjobs

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

yeah i friended uli on fb and he's one of the most positive people in my feed. dude is doing things every day to make his life better and that's pretty awesome

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DiggityDoink posted:

you can unfollow him. i have 2 cousins and an uncle i no longer deal with on facebook because theyre loving nutjobs

i know there's a way to get him off my timeline but every time i go to do it throw a rock at an random old person instead

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/880542468651053058

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

i wanted to try doing a lego a little while ago, but when i looked they really just push they're branded stuff. it's all jurassic park, or star wars, or whatever is the new movie, and they all have real specific parts. i just want to make a cool generic spaceship that i can gently caress around with, do they not do that anymore?

they don't so much have specific parts as they just have more parts which are specific

idk how to explain it.. like you see this specific part but it's actually designed really well so it's very flexible and in lots of sets

basically the idea of making complex objects out of simple parts still exists only the complexity has increased and the amount of simple parts has increased, but the general concept hasn't really changed

well a little

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

:lol:

• Locked thread