Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Is coco someone you have to unlock or can you play as her regardless, and does it have an effect on any scenes that would normally have coco in them?

You can play as Coco anytime except for boss fights (and the hog riding levels) in any of the 3 games. You unlock her in each one after beating a couple levels.

Also, Crash 1 is still brutally goddamn hard, and that physics tweak I mentioned is not helping matters! It is still a blast though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

You can play as Coco anytime except for boss fights (and the hog riding levels) in any of the 3 games. You unlock her in each one after beating a couple levels.

Also, Crash 1 is still brutally goddamn hard, and that physics tweak I mentioned is not helping matters! It is still a blast though.

Mostly I wanna know how the start of Crash 2 plays out if you're playing as Coco, like if Coco is just there telling Coco to go fetch her stuff or what :P Or if you get holographic messages from Coco telling Coco not to trust Cortex.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Mostly I wanna know how the start of Crash 2 plays out if you're playing as Coco, like if Coco is just there telling Coco to go fetch her stuff or what :P Or if you get holographic messages from Coco telling Coco not to trust Cortex.

You don't switch from the menu, you do it in the warp rooms (or on the main map in Crash 1) by hitting R2, so you can't play as Coco until you get there.

edit: Although I'm not sure about the holographic messages, I have to get there first! I assume they just left it as is though. :sweatdrop:

edit again: Oh yeah, actually, those happen after boss fights, so you can't be playing as Coco when you get them either. I guess they thought about that!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 30, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Too lazy to make a Memento photoshop but pretend I posted one here with a polaroid of N Cortex

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You ever have one of those eureka moments where you get this really bright idea for something except you know it's actually a really stupid idea and you have no idea why your brain is treating it as a bright idea?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that's called genius

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

You ever have one of those eureka moments where you get this really bright idea for something except you know it's actually a really stupid idea and you have no idea why your brain is treating it as a bright idea?

All the time, that's why I started doing let's plays!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

I have forced myself awake several times because I was convinced I had dreamed a great novel/movie/short story idea. Then I wake up and rush to the notepad and it's basically "Beef..... stew".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-kP8Ps8ys&t=159s

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
To be fair, beef stew is pretty great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

To be fair, beef stew is pretty great.

It's too great. It doesn't have flaws to wring pathos from.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Beef stew is better than the dumb thing I was thinking of and I'm glad I have enough sense to go "that's a silly idea, never think of it again"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Man, Yakuza 0 is just not doing it for me. I know that I'm early in the game (chapter 5-ish) but it's such a boring string of the same quest design: go to a place, read a bunch of dialogue, fight some goons, read more dialogue. It just feels so slow after playing through Horizon that I'd prefer it if the battles were a little longer so there'd be something to do. That might sound stupid considering how many minigames there are, but I really just want something to happen that's going to get me hooked. I've resolved to play through to at least getting the money-making projects unlocked for both characters, because so far I feel like I'm in an extended tutorial that all but asks me to introduce myself to everyone in town.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Does the Crash 1 remake still have that godawful amazing save system?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I kinda burned out and stopped playing at the end of chapter 6. Its hilarious but its not particularly fun to play. You can really tell its a polished Ps3 game and that lack of refinement is easy to see. I still think its brilliant but its a game you really need to be in the mood for.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What kind of Crash Souls builds are you guys using? I've got Coco at 30 vit, 30 faith, and the holy moonlight sword but I'm contemplating restarting for a dex build.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Saint Freak posted:

What kind of Crash Souls builds are you guys using? I've got Coco at 30 vit, 30 faith, and the holy moonlight sword but I'm contemplating restarting for a dex build.

Dex builds are a trap in Crash 2 and 3. Best to focus on a spin and bop strat and keep your endurance at a level where you can wear the best high tops and longest arms you can find.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I have forced myself awake several times because I was convinced I had dreamed a great novel/movie/short story idea. Then I wake up and rush to the notepad and it's basically "Beef..... stew".

Like flaming globes, Sigmund! Like flaming globes!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I personally prefer Mario Souls 64.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

Every time I click Submit Reply

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Chance for success: 89%

Fail. Retry? Chance for success: 83%

Fail. Retry? Chance for success: 78%

Fail. Retry? Chance for success: 65%

Just one of those loving days.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wait, they didn't change that?

What the gently caress? I mean, I can't play those games anyway since I don't have that console but still lmao

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I wish they'd remake Spyro

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Started enslaved jttw. Its like ninja theory wanted to make an uncharted ico with gow combat? Ok i can do 10 hrs of this if the graphics are as nice as the opening

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The combat in Enslaved is more like Arkham than GOW, if that makes a difference to you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Enslaved was one of the best looking games of the last generation.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Crash was sold out everywhere I checked today and I didn't preorder so I have to download it ugh

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Crash was sold out everywhere I checked today and I didn't preorder so I have to download it ugh

Hello Bizarro Lurdiak. What's it like to enjoy physical media cluttering up your life.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

lol jonesing for that sweet 90s gameplay?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sounds like he... bandicooted the market

wait, poo poo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

*Miyamoto sweating*

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

You also mixed up your hiragana and your katakana, つ and フ, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give you an F

:negative: N-n...no.... now I will never have a waifu...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Saint Freak posted:

*Miyamoto sweating*

Crash may be a nice bit of nostalgia but I think Knack 2 is the real competition for Super Mario Odyssey

Knack 2 is also actually like Dark Souls in that you parry enemy attacks and use swords

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait, they didn't change that?

What the gently caress? I mean, I can't play those games anyway since I don't have that console but still lmao

I mean the first game predated memory cards being a thing if I recall correctly so it kind of made sense but still

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What *is* Knack

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
OVER

WHELMINGLY

POSITIVE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

What *is* Knack

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Crash may be a nice bit of nostalgia but I think Knack 2 is the real competition for Super Mario Odyssey

Knack 2 is also actually like Dark Souls in that you parry enemy attacks and use swords

Mark Cerny's one-man mission to make Miyamoto have maximum perspiration.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

What *is* Knack

It's like Bubsy I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GenericOverusedName posted:

I mean the first game predated memory cards being a thing if I recall correctly so it kind of made sense but still

Nah memory cards were a thing from day 1 of PS1, not all early games used them though. I wonder if the weird saves in Crash 1 were because of that crazy hardware bug they found making the game.

• Locked thread