Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Cars are just giant mobility scooters. Fine if you need them but if you're just lazy and want one then you're pretty pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

JBP posted:

What is going on with that spooky monster in the photo (not Rudd).

It's Bob Brown

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

snoremac posted:

Convicted racist upset there are too many Aborigines

My dumb opinion can be explained by the third sentence, but I will keep on writing my dumb opinion because I'm dumb.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Sad Wendigo posted:

I had similar a couple of years back, with Max Employment, the evil fuckers.
But from what I could gather this hour on their PC's was instead of spending a week in a seminar learning how to better find a job, as if they could actually help a person. Of course the government was giving them a shitload of money on the pretense of training me for a week.
In the end I did my job hunting at home before I went in, with the jobs I applied for on a list with me. I copied that list on to their approved form at their office, handed it to them and walked out.
They were fine with this arrangement.

Dammit, even just remembering my dealings with Max Recruitment gets me really angry.

For the record, the DoE told me my agency can set as many appointments as they like so I'm now spending 24 hours a month in their offices to apply for 20 jobs.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

What would happen if the Australian Greens Part were the Australian Labor party?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

snoremac posted:

quote:

There are now 649,171 Aborigines ....

....Indigenous population was projected to reach no more than 746,815 by 2016

:thunk:

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

snoremac posted:

He doesn't actually sound very upset... Are you disputing something in particular in what you posted?

This last paragraph in particular is actually quite interesting: "When we now measure progress in education, for instance, we must be careful to adjust for the fact that there are now many more children being included who would have not been included before .... That means the statistics may exaggerate progress for Aborigines in more traditionally Aboriginal areas"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bogan King posted:

Cars are just giant mobility scooters. Fine if you need them but if you're just lazy and want one then you're pretty pathetic.

Thanks for that insight there, Joe Hockey

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Hobo Erotica posted:

He doesn't actually sound very upset... Are you disputing something in particular in what you posted?

I'm disputing that people choose to identify as Aboriginal for financial gain. I think if anyone is choosing to identify as Aboriginal now who didn't in the last census (assuming this is even a thing - I sure as poo poo know Bolt didn't crunch the numbers) it's because our racial climate, wherein Adam Goodes is reviled nationally because he did a cultural dance, is still more friendly to Indigenous people than it was in the past.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 30, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Goffer posted:

What would happen if the Australian Greens Part were the Australian Labor party?

Checks out.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Hobo Erotica posted:

I'd say you have trouble reading subtext if you think Bolt's concern is that a government statistician will make an undergraduate level mistake.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Goffer posted:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

snoremac posted:

For the record, the DoE told me my agency can set as many appointments as they like so I'm now spending 24 hours a month in their offices to apply for 20 jobs.

That is utterly hosed. Can you try and get centrelink to transfer you to another JSP?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Hobo Erotica posted:

When Bolt's column says "some might say people are identifying as Aboriginal on a technicality because it's 'trendy' or because they can profit from it", those 'some' are Bolt.

You know, this guy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
He's repeatedly referred to 'the "stolen generations" myth', so there is absolutely no reason to take his articles in good faith.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Thanks to Pell Italian media is calling Australia a "paradise of orcs" [ABC]

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mordor would be an improvement.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Korgan posted:

That is utterly hosed. Can you try and get centrelink to transfer you to another JSP?

I'll try. I should've done this weeks ago (it was me who posted about the illegal contract/forklift fiasco a few weeks back) but I figured they'd just leave me alone after that. But nope!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Synthbuttrange posted:

Mordor would be an improvement.

I guess that would explain why Sean Bean said one can't just ride into Mordor, especially from New Zealand

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Dealing with Newstart bullshit has got me hankering for any good reading (articles or books) out there about how such a counterproductive and corrupt jobseeking system came about. Like a historical breakdown starting from when the welfare system was competent, if it was, and who specifically was responsible for transforming it into the system it is today, where outsourced functionaries have the power to cancel my ability to buy food for 8 weeks if I turn down a minimum wage job in asbestos removal.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 30, 2017

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

snoremac posted:

I'll try. I should've done this weeks ago (it was me who posted about the illegal contract/forklift fiasco a few weeks back) but I figured they'd just leave me alone after that. But nope!

This is revenge for not taking that amazing job opportunity. They want you to leave because you know your rights and they can't just foist whatever bullshit on you and have you out the door asap. You're costing them money. Document everything and then bring it to Centrelink and/or the DoE to see if they care? I mean they probably won't, but there's a slight chance of them getting in trouble, right? Or at least not being able to repeat this with the next poor bastard they get to "help".

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

It's part of a much broader trend of privatising all public services. If you search for that there's a lot out there.

Four corners also did a thing on it http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2015/02/23/4183437.htm

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Libs are branch stacking with Catholics to bring on the reign of fire [ABC]

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

dunno if NSW tactics are gonna to work in vic, even the rurals are less godly

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchiectomy

Hmmm, yes I do believe the Italians are onto something here.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Korgan posted:

This is revenge for not taking that amazing job opportunity. They want you to leave because you know your rights and they can't just foist whatever bullshit on you and have you out the door asap. You're costing them money. Document everything and then bring it to Centrelink and/or the DoE to see if they care? I mean they probably won't, but there's a slight chance of them getting in trouble, right? Or at least not being able to repeat this with the next poor bastard they get to "help".

I shouldn't be surprised that you can be managed out of social safety nets this easily but I think I'm going to be when the DoE tells you there's no proof of this at all and they're just doing their job.

I reckon it's cos they don't actually get anyone a real job, just funnel their clients into a small network of businesses they have kickbacks with. My job network job a decade plus ago was similar - hired a lot of people off the dole and the woman taking my interview made a personal phone call during my interview so it was obviously a show.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchiectomy

Hmmm, yes I do believe the Italians are onto something here.

?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

quote:

He repeated this view during an interview with ABC Brisbane on Thursday, asserting that Queenslanders "don't get Malcolm Turnbull" because he and the coalition lacked authenticity.

Mr Newman, Government insiders suspect, is eying off George Brandis' spot in the Senate, for when the Attorney-General moves on.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/how-could-tony-abbott-fit-in-a-post-turnbull-liberal-party/8667572

no no no no no no

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

edit: ^^^^^ lololol noone's letting Campbell near anything of substance ever again, not even the Libs are that dumb.

Goffer posted:

dunno if NSW tactics are gonna to work in vic, even the rurals are less godly

It seems as if they pay no attention to basic demographics, it'll get them nowhere in Bendigo and probably less in Ballarat what with Pell's little trial coming up. If the intention is to pick up elsewhere, I don't see where.

(I'm not referring to Muslims in Bendigo but the sizeable African refugee population for whom God became a joke what with their families brutally murdered in front of them in tribal violence).

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Looks like people are trying to rules lawyer their way into blackface

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Aren't these job seeking places the type of totally legit business that has to rebrand every six months or even shutdown and reopen under a new name?

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
Can't wait to see what next month's thread does with Mia, Pell and splits :allears:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

do it on my face posted:

Can't wait to see what next month's thread does with Mia, Pell and splits :allears:

Congratulations on nominating yourself to do the thread.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Anidav posted:

So the Left Renewal facebook page has gone bonkers and has started claiming that RDN is giving false information to the media.

Fran Kelly actively said his office had told RN false information. Whatever else you might think about LR that actually did happen.

Supposedly they've retracted because journalists don't reveal sources, but yeah. Also RDN's chief of staff was the biggest sieve in NSW, it's expected behaviour from her.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Guys we can now say that we are objectively worse than Germany

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Recoome posted:

Imperial, Weimar, Nazi, Occupied, or Reunified Bundesrepublik?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Recoome posted:

Hasn't this been the case since 1946?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Arguably Nazi Germany was better to because at least the Nazis got poo poo done. Not like our white pride losers.

• Locked thread