Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I feel like I've said this before but imagine the "Hitler was a painter" universe Garrison makes a living doing covers for National Lampoon movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Haha holy poo poo I went to gocomics to get the source for that, and Stantis has finally found a way to excuse Republicans of all guilt for nominating Donald Trump: Obama orchestrated it all behind the scenes!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Why's it so blurry?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

This is so obviously dog-whistle bigotry that I had to go make sure it wasn't an edit.

SeersuckerSoldier
Nov 1, 2016

So is Garrison Like JRRose except instead of cars he's obsessed with Spanish galleons? Because they pop up a lot in his stuff.

Or is he just so creatively empty that he can't think of another way to throw together 35 labels + pizza slices into one panel without them all being on a boat

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ularg posted:

Why's it so blurry?

Not always easy to find good quality images online.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alhazred posted:

Not always easy to find good quality images online.

Not much of an improvement but it is less vaseline-y.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm just going to ignore all the bullshit

I find this adorable.
E: I bet Garrison makes the worst ice cream ever.
(Sour grapes and spite) :barf:

That's actually the closest Garrison has come to portray an accurate depiction of Trump.
All it needs is a spray tan, red cap and an extra scoop.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I do not believe in phones.

If you have a person you love. You love how it smell, how it moves, the body language, the smiley, the physicality. Phones kinda remove all that and what is left is voice. A lot of it. Maybe too much of it. Is like a way to get filter from a fruit and leave only the unedible part. Phones are entirely a bad idea.

I am still internally debating about phone penis photos. Are they a bad or a good thing?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

And that's why hipsters are the worst :colbert:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Lurdiak posted:

Not much of an improvement but it is less vaseline-y.

How is this person so goddamn bad with lettering and fonts?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Neeksy posted:

Wow you're dense.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Neeksy posted:

That's a translation job done by a goon, it's originally Norwegian. (Swedish?) :ssh:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I hope Zelda's creator knows they have an audience of idiot English-speakers via Something Awful Forums.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Playstation 4 posted:

That's a translation job done by a goon, it's originally Norwegian. (Swedish?) :ssh:

It's originally Swedish but the translation is done on the Norwegian version as I believe that's easier to find an up to date source for on the internet. Which is a shame for me as someone learning Swedish, how else can I learn useful terms like "menskoppar" and "posörproletär"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

KillerQueen posted:

I hope Zelda's creator knows they have an audience of idiot English-speakers via Something Awful Forums.

I dont

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Angepain posted:

It's originally Swedish but the translation is done on the Norwegian version as I believe that's easier to find an up to date source for on the internet. Which is a shame for me as someone learning Swedish, how else can I learn useful terms like "menskoppar" and "posörproletär"
It's not a web comic originally?

Also is its official title Zelda or is that just what we call it, which is of course confusing as all hell to outsiders?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia: Cardinal Pell Edition:

Rowe:

Knight:

Broelman:

Zanetti:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's not a web comic originally?
No.

quote:

Also is its official title Zelda
Yes.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Neeksy posted:

:(

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hey, it is much better then when the font was kept to small. A-OK for a free service ya' providing. Thanks for it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
As someone else who has done translation for people on the internet from time to time I understand the frustration. I'll never do it again for any reason.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Please don't let the ungrateful get to you, Zelda is cool and good.
Thanks for the translation, I don't care which font you use.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 30, 2017

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Translations are good.
The art is good, or adequate.
The strip itself is blaaand but that's dailies for you.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
zelda is cute

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Why the gently caress is there a Syrian War sign at the bottom of that panel? Isn't the image of Russian and US jets flying around each other enough to establish what is going on?

Unless there actually are 'Welcome to the Syrian War, Please Drive Carefully!' signs outside Aleppo and Raqqah of course...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ugh this poo poo pisses me off as a Catholic, how loving hard is it to get rid of these pedophile priests/cardinals?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

achillesforever6 posted:

Ugh this poo poo pisses me off as a Catholic, how loving hard is it to get rid of these pedophile priests/cardinals?

Not hard in the slightest: allow priests to marry.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Or better yet, actually report the priests to the police.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Potato Salad posted:

Because being single makes you a child molester? Because there are no pedophiles with wives and children? Are you an idiot?

Alhazred posted:

Or better yet, actually report the priests to the police.

Exactly. Being a coach didn't make Jerry Sandusky a serial child rapist, being in an organization that "takes care of its own" allowed it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

b-b-b-b-b-BLACKS! - Bruce Tinsley

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The church need to clean house. That can be kicking child molester, making sure people with that problem are not anywhere near childrens, sending these child molester to prison, or whatever else. I don't care what is their solution, if they use one that works.

Is embarrasing, and how they try to hide it turns the church into a criminal organization de facto, if not de jure.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tei posted:

The church need to clean house. That can be kicking child molester, making sure people with that problem are not anywhere near childrens, sending these child molester to prison, or whatever else. I don't care what is their solution, if they use one that works.

Is embarrasing, and how they try to hide it turns the church into a criminal organization de facto, if not de jure.
They should just say "as an organization we predate laws against loving children by hundreds of years so were not going to change, YOU change!"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei posted:

If only there was a government agency that dealt with criminals that they could contact in situations like these.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
The police can sometimes be considered a criminal organization too,
but I doubt the ones they have at the Vatican shoot minorities for no good reason.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Helen Highwater posted:

Why the gently caress is there a Syrian War sign at the bottom of that panel? Isn't the image of Russian and US jets flying around each other enough to establish what is going on?

Unless there actually are 'Welcome to the Syrian War, Please Drive Carefully!' signs outside Aleppo and Raqqah of course...

I don't recall seeing your name around here so you might be new. When the cartoonists don't use labels like TREE and ROCK the goons get all confused about the meaning of the cartoon. Labels are very important in modern polititoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Starshark posted:

I don't recall seeing your name around here so you might be new. When the cartoonists don't use labels like TREE and ROCK the goons get all confused about the meaning of the cartoon. Labels are very important in modern polititoons.

(By 'the goons', Starshark means themself and only themself. That's who 'the goons' refers to around here. Starshark.)

• Locked thread