Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Zeris posted:

It's funny til it happens to you

I'll remember that next time I'm crossing statelines with half the cast of Smokey & The Bandit in my rearview.

"WHO IS LAUGHING NOW VICKY VERMS??!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

In all seriousness, if I resist arrest and drive around like a maniac, I'd expect to get physically restrained and then elbowed or punched until the arresting officers were able to gain control of my arms and cuff me.

It genuinely sucks, but sometimes there's no way to restrain a suspect without force. Obviously, the minimum level of force necessary should be applied to enact the arrest. From the helicopter view of that car chase, I couldn't tell if the officers had wrist control. I'd like to see body cam footage, if any exists, to see up close what the suspect was doing, and what the nearest officers were up to.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Cant we all just get along?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
In what scenario is it defensible for a cop to stomp on someone?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

apparently all scenarios at this point

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

Well you see they're just trying to make it home and you can't see if they have wrist control and the driver could be on PCP even though he's white so..

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

How long is the block of instruction during police academy for proper kick and stomping technique

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
You see, the officers feared for their lives when the guy got out of the truck with his hands out.

Additionally, *farts*

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Zeris posted:

When that someone has zero redeeming qualities beyond the superficial label of "human being" and all the grandiose follow-on titles and privileges our high-minded forefathers granted him.

They aren't entirely to blame. How could they have foreseen this meteoric rise of the common dipshit?

He swings elections. He child-safes our everything. He reproduces at an alarming rate. At the ripe old age of 30 he retires on disability and builds his investment portfolio around scratchers and pick 6's. He is the bane of all decent peoples. Minimum-wagers and public officials. Small business owners and Labor advocates. God-fearing bake-salers and Godless pride-marchers.

But how does it thrive? It is prideful, so it cannot hide. It is impatient, so it cannot negotiate. It possesses low animal cunning, but it bites all hands.

The American Dipshit exists solely for the same reason Evil does. Good men do nothing.

Otherize and Oppress that turd until it voluntarily flushes itself.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Authoritarianism is a hell of a drug

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

Authoritarianism is a hell of a drug

Tyranny of the masses lost its appeal for me the first time I heard a 20-something felon proclaim his intent to father 10 more children beyond the 5 he already had.

Whatever the magic bullet, The American Dipshit will fight against it. And win.

The tipping of the scales shows no sign of slowing.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Bummer dude

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Victor Vermis posted:

Tyranny of the masses lost its appeal for me the first time I heard a 20-something felon proclaim his intent to father 10 more children beyond the 5 he already had.

Whatever the magic bullet, The American Dipshit will fight against it. And win.

The tipping of the scales shows no sign of slowing.

You've gotta forgive your squadmates at some point dude. Just because veterans are trash doesn't t mean you have to be like them!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

You would be hard-pressed to find a more concentrated population of American Dipshits than any given USMC infantry squad.

But at least they're trying to shave the number down a bit.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Victor Vermis posted:

You would be hard-pressed to find a more concentrated population of American Dipshits than any given USMC infantry squad.

But at least they're trying to shave the number down a bit.

Uhh last I checked they pay you more for being married and having kids

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Uhh last I checked they pay you more for being married and having kids

That's true for dipshits everywhere though. If being married and having kids feels like a voluntary burden and a massive drain on limited time and resources, congratulations: you're not a dipshit.

At least the infantryman may off himself in a post-military haze of inadequacy or, prior to that, sacrifice himself upon the altar of dipshit nation's irrational fear of all things foreign and terrorfying.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Victor Vermis posted:

At least the infantryman may off himself in a post-military haze of inadequacy or, prior to that, sacrifice himself upon the altar

No

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Relax. Being murdered by a 12 year old wielding a shovel and a jug of PME isn't a qualifying attribute for identifying an unredeemable dipshit.

Too bad stainless steel grief-bling and gaudy memorial tats aren't visible in our digital sacred space. Here I am, shop-lighting a fatal flaw, totally ignorant to the fact that someone on a subforum of broke-brain veterans may have had occasion to salute a poster-printed photo of their battle buddy under company color and desert sun while strains of Eternal Father emanate from a boombox.

My bad.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Dude you're a weird one, and that's fine.

But try not to make suicide jokes that aren't even funny while tacked onto a fuckin' lame-rear end defense of cop hyperviolence being justified because "some criminal" said something inflammatory.

Like you remember when you were a powerless member of society, beholden to the whims of whoever happened to be appointed over you, and the only way you could exert power was through either insubordination or sarcasm and humor? Now imagine that any violence against you is justified because YOU MADE THAT CHOICE and your superiors are just trying to make it to the end of each day.

I get there are scumbag criminals who are rightly removed from society, but we need to make sure law enforcement is actually taking the high ground and not acting in such a way that were they not protected by law, they wouldn't be in jail.

If you're going to make a suicide joke at least make it sound like a joke to people.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yall gettin real worked up over a little dark humor

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Victor Vermis posted:

Relax. Being murdered by a 12 year old wielding a shovel and a jug of PME isn't a qualifying attribute for identifying an unredeemable dipshit.

Too bad stainless steel grief-bling and gaudy memorial tats aren't visible in our digital sacred space. Here I am, shop-lighting a fatal flaw, totally ignorant to the fact that someone on a subforum of broke-brain veterans may have had occasion to salute a poster-printed photo of their battle buddy under company color and desert sun while strains of Eternal Father emanate from a boombox.

My bad.
College dun you good, vicky boy.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This loving thread.

:lol:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Every cop debate thread degenerates to the point where it is indistinguishable from previous terrible cop debate threads

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Smiling Jack posted:

Every cop debate thread degenerates to the point where it is indistinguishable from previous terrible cop debate threads

yeah but watching VV's fall into the abyss has made this one worth it.

plus this thread is quarantine to keep it out of the CE thread.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yeah this thread is the penultimate cop debate thread. It will last us until the 1984 state descends and bans police threads. The final one will be a CE thread tangent that gets everyone locked away for thought crimes

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah this thread is the penultimate cop debate thread. It will last us until the 1984 state descends and bans police threads. The final one will be a CE thread tangent that gets everyone locked away for thought crimes

dibs on room 101

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Nuke the Internet.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i wonder what would happen to the world if the entire internet went down for like... an hour.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

guns

good

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Zeris posted:

guns

good

cops bad...

but also sometimes good?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

cops bad...

but also sometimes good?
fish red...

but also sometimes blue?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Pickle

Rick?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Pesticide20 posted:

Pickle

Rick?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Pesticide20 posted:

Pickle

Rick?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

Pickle

Rick?
:vince:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
edit durr you actually used it correctly for once, r/c/p HCT dang

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Kaitlin/status/880203553402310656

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Now you hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Naked Bear posted:

Now you hosed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

• Locked thread