Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I also happen to be playing New Vegas again because I'm dumb.
Kinda wanna pick up Battlegrounds but I hope it doesn't look as ugly as it does on streams.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sout posted:

I also happen to be playing New Vegas again because I'm dumb.
Kinda wanna pick up Battlegrounds but I hope it doesn't look as ugly as it does on streams.

It's uglier, and you likely have to run it at low unless you have access to NASA super computers since the optimization may be the worst I've seen in a game.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Jose posted:

people who put a million hours into Battle Royale games need their brains examined

Nebelwerfer fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 30, 2017

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jim Barris posted:

Actually, The Kings are extremely cool and good.

well they're no tunnel snakes

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm really close to just dropping the hammer on Wasteland 2 because I want something like the classic Fallout games because the Fallout 3-era stuff never really ever clicked with me as much as they should have and I'm really not sure I want to give Fallout 4 a go to see if it does.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's really bad so dont

sout
Apr 24, 2014

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm really close to just dropping the hammer on Wasteland 2 because I want something like the classic Fallout games because the Fallout 3-era stuff never really ever clicked with me as much as they should have and I'm really not sure I want to give Fallout 4 a go to see if it does.

No idea about Wasteland 2 but if you didn't like 3 or New Vegas you won't like Fallout 4.
4 improves on 3 in some regards but is an even worse RPG

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wasteland 2 has loads of unskippable combat and it's boring as gently caress. Imagine xcom where the only action is duck or shoot

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dogmeat posted:

Did Mad Max turn out ok? I remember some complaining about it when it came out but now the reviews look really good and it's pretty cheap.

Worth a try at that price. Much like MGS V, it makes a great first impression but really really drags in the middle. I couldn't force myself through it and I am a fan of most ubisoft open world games.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
People who think the original Fallouts are better than New Vegas are dumb, wrong, and should take off their rose-tinted glasses

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

agreed, all the fallout games are trash

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Right, but if that's true, the solution is "don't play fallout games". I remember the old ones fondly but that doesn't mean they're good by today's standards and frankly, I don't think I'd make it out of the starting areas. New Vegas is the only 3d one that reaches "tolerable" but even then just barely. I didn't quit fully until one of the main quests broke entirely in the middle of it. Bethesda games have no soul.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they also play like poo poo. combat in all the TES games is dire

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jeffrey will you destroy gurf he's posting his poo poo videos again and won't look at all the sounding pictures people posted

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The original fallouts are good and fun but do not hold up to modern standards by any stretch and I can't get upset at anyone who looks at them and says gently caress that.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Blackwake is 20% off right now its already fairly cheap price. Early access / alpha but the game as it is right now was well worth my <$20. Played it like 8 hours already since I bought it on Wednesday night.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Jose posted:

jeffrey will you destroy gurf he's posting his poo poo videos again and won't look at all the sounding pictures people posted

k done, I didn't notice I'm try to work and poo poo on popular video games!!!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

The original fallouts are good and fun but do not hold up to modern standards by any stretch and I can't get upset at anyone who looks at them and says gently caress that.

What are modern standards exactly? Crafting, handholding, exploring an empty sandbox and an endless amount of fetch quests?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

What are modern standards exactly? Crafting, handholding, exploring an empty sandbox and an endless amount of fetch quests?

How about not spending 2 hours on the opening section of punching rats? Or a terrible interface?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

How about not spending 2 hours on the opening section of punching rats? Or a terrible interface?

that poster thinks deus ex is really bad i think they're brain diseased

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Not an isometric game with rng combat and a bunch of esoteric and useless mechanics that are not explained. Also, invisible timers.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im playing through far cry 2 on hard because i hate myself and also hate fun

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Just run away them rats jesus where are your primal survival instintics goddamn

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I like to think that video games have appreciated that I already spent years punching rats, playing the tutorial, using quicksave/load and backtracking for health so I got enough experience and leveled up so that I don't have to play games like that anymore.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Knight posted:

I like to think that video games have appreciated that I already spent years punching rats, playing the tutorial, using quicksave/load and backtracking for health so I got enough experience and leveled up so that I don't have to play games like that anymore.

what if you quite like punching things

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There's a mod for FO2 that removes the temple bit at the start and I usually do that because goddamn.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

I mean that sucked but it's better than spending spending 14 hours picking up garbage from lifeless abandoned homes. You're kinda comparing poo poo and vomit here, maybe you're right but who cares???

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Nebelwerfer posted:

what if you quite like punching things
They've streamlined that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azizOlEV2Uk&t=6s

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

goddamn

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I mean that sucked but it's better than spending spending 14 hours picking up garbage from lifeless abandoned homes. You're kinda comparing poo poo and vomit here, maybe you're right but who cares???

This is why New Vegas is the best Fallout game, the wasteland was teeming with hidden treasures, monsters, and not empty houses. Each area had its own communities and atmospheres.

F:NV > all other fallout games

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

COMRADES posted:

There's a mod for FO2 that removes the temple bit at the start and I usually do that because goddamn.

You can literally outrun temple in under five minutes and gather stuff that really helps you in your journey in the beginning from that place

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im looking forward to playing it ive heard good things

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Fallout: NV is like Fallout 3 that was never meant to be, wacky stuff from 2 but with the world building sperginess of the first one, from the point where Brotherhood of Steel nukes the gold reserves of west coast, sending the factions to a new dark age where they base their own monopoly currencies to luxuries they have at that moment (water, slaves, poker chips)

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

im looking forward to playing it ive heard good things

make sure you install the mods made by people that spent several hours modelling human genitalia.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

make sure you install the mods made by people that spent several hours modelling human genitalia.
do they support nvidia physx????

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

are you talking about skyrim?

also did it really take you two hours? took me 15-20 minutes tops back when i didn't just run straight through it.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Jose posted:

people who put a million hours into Fallout New Vegas mods need their brains examined

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if you like collecting things forever you should check out the MadMax game

its like a 6.5/10 kind of game but oh boy you can collecting things FOREVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

are you talking about skyrim?

...It took you 2 hours to get through Skyrim's tutorial?

You're just not very good at modern videogames are you?

• Locked thread