Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

PCOS Bill posted:

There's comic books and the cartoons too

Ah, yea I guess that's mostly it. I only ever played the first few actual games, and there was almost zero characterization to latch onto whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:prepop: Oh my.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

The proest of clicks, holy poo poo.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

PCOS Bill posted:

There's comic books and the cartoons too

My five-year-old likes the cartoon. I guess it's ok, for actual kids.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

There was a lovely Sonic cartoon back in the early 90s which I'm assuming planted the seed for a lot of this horrible crap.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Also, what's the deal with Sonic being a character that people are somehow sexually attracted to? Is there some history there that I'm not aware of? I mean, he doesn't even speak or have much of a personality that I've seen from the games I've played, but that was like 20 years ago.

I think you will find he is one of the greatest and most attractive characters ever thought of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U0apQttNw0

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bogan King posted:

Seeing as we're dropping AUG D&D stories my old DM is currently in prison for raping his daughter. For the most part he was normal enough to hang around but we were all dudes. Turns out he thinks any affection from women is them wanting to bone him which really didn't work out when he and his wife had a daughter.

There was a psychology and sociology teacher I hated in high school. He was popular with a few people for being funny, but most of his jokes consisted of insulting and demeaning students in front of the class when they didn't meet his standards. He was also really sexist and incredibly hateful toward his ex-wife, and it was easy for him to go off on tangents about her. He had a really nerdy son as well who was in my grade, and I mean turbo nerd. Nasally voice, curly red hair, glasses, acne, etc.

Well, one of my friends and co-workers had the same teacher a few years after I graduated. I learned that not long before the end of the school year, he just stopped showing up to class. After about 3 weeks of rotating substitutes with no explanation, everyone kinda realized he wasn't coming back.

The police report redacted the suspect's name, but thankfully one of the victim's friends made a Tumblr post providing information (including text messages he sent admitting to it after the fact) about what happened and Googling his name brought it up. Turns out a few years after graduation, his son tried to drunkenly rape a girl at a party and was too much of a virgin and herself too dry for him to actually get inside. Apparently they were informed of the charges while celebrating his birthday with his family, and the shock was so much that his dad took an early retirement.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

chitoryu12 posted:

There was a psychology and sociology teacher I hated in high school. He was popular with a few people for being funny, but most of his jokes consisted of insulting and demeaning students in front of the class when they didn't meet his standards. He was also really sexist and incredibly hateful toward his ex-wife, and it was easy for him to go off on tangents about her. He had a really nerdy son as well who was in my grade, and I mean turbo nerd. Nasally voice, curly red hair, glasses, acne, etc.

Well, one of my friends and co-workers had the same teacher a few years after I graduated. I learned that not long before the end of the school year, he just stopped showing up to class. After about 3 weeks of rotating substitutes with no explanation, everyone kinda realized he wasn't coming back.

The police report redacted the suspect's name, but thankfully one of the victim's friends made a Tumblr post providing information (including text messages he sent admitting to it after the fact) about what happened and Googling his name brought it up. Turns out a few years after graduation, his son tried to drunkenly rape a girl at a party and was too much of a virgin and herself too dry for him to actually get inside. Apparently they were informed of the charges while celebrating his birthday with his family, and the shock was so much that his dad took an early retirement.

Huh. At my school the teachers just did the raping themselves.

Mock the Cross
Sep 4, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Is he also wiping his rear end with it?

How do you have sex?

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

text me a vag pic posted:

Best answer I've seen is that the characters have big cartoon eyes and are very expressive, allowing sheltered individuals to clearly read their emotions, which leads to some weird rear end attachments to the characters. The short answer is autism.

The sonic franchise was a surprise hit with fundie parents, who viewed it as cute fuzzy critters fighting to remain the way the Almighty made them against an evil scientist attempting to pervert their bodies with technology. I'm guessing the answer is weird homeschool kids latching on to one of the few mainstream things they were allowed to partake in while going through puberty.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

chitoryu12 posted:

He had a really nerdy son as well who was in my grade, and I mean turbo nerd. Nasally voice, curly red hair, glasses, acne, etc.

So THAT'S what happened to Napolean Dynamite's dad.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Basebf555 posted:

Also, what's the deal with Sonic being a character that people are somehow sexually attracted to? Is there some history there that I'm not aware of? I mean, he doesn't even speak or have much of a personality that I've seen from the games I've played, but that was like 20 years ago.

Someone I know that is pretty much normal has a Sonic tattoo so who knows...

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mock the Cross posted:

How do you have sex?

I'm voluntary celibate tyvm

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

We Know Catheters posted:

Someone I know that is pretty much normal has a Sonic tattoo so who knows...

Check his freezer for the bodies

oldpainless posted:

I'm voluntary celibate tyvm

more like oldsexless

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

Wasn't this guy on an episode of the fplus, I remember them making a few quips about Ja Sonic

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dreddout posted:

more like oldsexless

I know I shouldn't encourage you guys, but I love these :allears:

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
You know how little girls will have tea parties with stuffed animals? Well maybe the Sonic dude does the same thing, but with chili dogs. "Another chili dog, Sonic?" and then just mashes it into the doll's face like a pie.

But really it's more likely he stuffs Sonic into his diaper like some kind of fecal maxi pad.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

You think your job is lovely.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

It's a living!

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
well yeah, pelicans are loving gross and don't deserve any better form of employment

http://i.imgur.com/obF1wEl.mp4

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

:stare: Genuinely not sure if cumrag Sonic or horrible inside out pelican maw is the worst thing I've seen today.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Weldon Pemberton posted:

:stare: Genuinely not sure if cumrag Sonic or horrible inside out pelican maw is the worst thing I've seen today.

http://i.imgur.com/j0BCZwh.gifv

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

aardwolf posted:

The sonic franchise was a surprise hit with fundie parents, who viewed it as cute fuzzy critters fighting to remain the way the Almighty made them against an evil scientist attempting to pervert their bodies with technology. I'm guessing the answer is weird homeschool kids latching on to one of the few mainstream things they were allowed to partake in while going through puberty.

I can't tell if this is a joke and that's pretty telling about sonic fans.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Spooky

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

I want to believe
:iiam:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Me as hell

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

well yeah, pelicans are loving gross and don't deserve any better form of employment

Why is it doing that?

What purpose does that serve?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Dreddout posted:

Why is it doing that?

Yawning is a mystery!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Dreddout posted:

Why is it doing that?

You know when you have an itch somewhere that you can't reach and it drives you nuts?

Pelicans don't have that problem.

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!
I tried so hard to find it, but does anyone have the clip where Mulder just walks up on a crime scene and randomly says "WHAAAAHHHHHH", but in a high pitched voice?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLBrh_PeT4

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Boofchicken posted:

I tried so hard to find it, but does anyone have the clip where Mulder just walks up on a crime scene and randomly says "WHAAAAHHHHHH", but in a high pitched voice?

One of the best episodes.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Boofchicken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

Kevin Sorbo misreads his script, a classic

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cash crab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

Kevin Sorbo misreads his script, a classic

Myth busted it's actually a pop culture reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvbQ4wJak_c&t=16s

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

It's like the Assassin's Creed bug, only irl. Bird is just flipping normals and reticulating splines.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

text me a vag pic posted:

Best answer I've seen is that the characters have big cartoon eyes and are very expressive, allowing sheltered individuals to clearly read their emotions, which leads to some weird rear end attachments to the characters. The short answer is autism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EflHHVROiSs

Dude had been drawing those rats fuckin for at least five years at that time. The other art videos all feature the same art.

Additionally, I did some googling(literally, just searched Brian swords, York pa) and that dude, Brian Swords of York PA, as repeatedly mentioned in his video, is the guy who edited the videos to feature his own art, posted them under a YouTube channel named after his female rat character, and has only 2 YouTube videos that he's given likes to, a compilation of Alf bloopers, and a clip from the Alf TV movie where Alf is in a strip club.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dreddout posted:

Why is it doing that?

Real answer, they do that same thing when they are "cleaning" out their throat pouch. It gets full of yucky fish water, after all. Gotta dump it somehow.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Laserjet 4P posted:

It's like the Assassin's Creed bug, only irl. Bird is just flipping normals and reticulating splines.

Reticulating spines, more like.

• Locked thread