Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Perhaps he just wanted to challenge him to Mai Thai. A friendly dink mixing game using the MixMaster 3000aD...

First make me a Hairy Roberts, next a Schlong Island Iced Tea :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfQwXEqYaI

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Othin posted:

ITYOL 2017 I still have no idea what the difference between CIG and RSI is. When I'm talking poo poo to backers which of those entities should I indicate has no loving clue what they're doing besides milking whales for more money?

I prefer Roberts SI because C Imperium G is full of bombastic hubris, while Roberts SI is merely vanity before the fall.
And because the company and backers seem to prefer CIG, while using RSI reminds the listener that they are dealing with a personality cult.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Where does the ice come from anyways?

The best ice comes from exotic planet rings. :eng101: (a thing some backers believe)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Where does the ice come from anyways?

It's Bad-Ice :ssh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

The three planets they proudly talk about on that page look literally exactly alike. Dead, barren moon with no features besides rocks.

With 13gb+ texture memory and 13 FPS.

Dead and barren has never been so meticulously portrayed before now!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
why do all the desert planets look like theyre covered in slime???

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Why are all the drinks in the same glass?

Wait, how the gently caress is all of this handle when it comes to gravity? Is everyone weightless or is the ship supposed to have a gravity well/generator?

Actually, has that ever been properly explained in ANY ship design?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

why do all the desert planets look like theyre covered in slime???
"Just think we'll see a lot of penis out there!!!"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh yeah I mean no argument there. Just... something about the way that tweet was worded and it being in response to "@ladiesofSC" reminded me of wuldge. Maybe I'm reading too far into it.

No, it was a pretty dumb thing to say to that group.

It's like walking into a group of women at work and saying, "Know what else is hard today? My dick."

There's a time and a place for dick jokes. That wasn't the time or place or right group of people.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I've returned to your country of residence, happy holiday, AND STAY SAFE IN THE WATER

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

big nipples big life posted:

it's in the top 3 though right?

It's usually like #4.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Wait, is Beet supposed to be safe in the water, or be safe out of the water?

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Beet Wagon posted:

Reminder: this is the dipshit who once said he wanted to beat the poo poo out of Derek using his "Maui Thai" training.

Like poking him with chopsticks in Hawaii?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Titanic posted:

It's usually like #4.

i am disappointed, bigly

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

HKS posted:

There is no way that ladies of sc account isn't ran by a guy hoping to find ladies in sc.

Judging by the tweet my guess is it's neither male nor female but rather a marketing firm attempting to target the female demographic. I could be wrong though because I won't check any other mod their tweets because I don't care.

Speculation though is free and more entertaining. :)

AP posted:

That's ok fairly sure the ladies of Star Citizen have no ladies actually involved, just the odd voice modulator.

I'm sure there are women interested in it. Not the same number as men, but there's certainly some!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I'm sure there are women interested in it. Not the same number as men, but there's certainly some!

Random SC bunnyman/weirdo : "So, you're telling me there's a chance? gently caress yeah!!"

:)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also, a disturbing lack of crazy straws and umbrella toothpicks. Oh, you wanted lime or lemon slices with your drink? Well, the asshat pilot forgot to RESTOCK the aircraft, and we didn't pay for anyone to bring the supplies on the ship anyways!

Loading 6 tons of goods by hand in tiny 1'x1' boxes proved to be difficult when you had a timeline to meet. So the pilot either had to CIG-it and delay indefinitely, or Chris Roberts-it and take off with only a few bits and bobs loaded.

Needless to say, at the 5 minute mark all your food was gone, your drink machine was on fire, your movie server crashed and you're out of gas.

But you're still selling tickets for your next flight that you'll never be on time for so you're still in business! :)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: A new form of CIGINT

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

big nipples big life posted:

i am disappointed, bigly

Awww. 3.5? 3.0? Will that make it better?

Sabreseven posted:

Random SC bunnyman/weirdo : "So, you're telling me there's a chance? gently caress yeah!!"

:)

Even bunny man can get mad women. It's not like women are hard to find if you leave your basement, many who have low or no standards at all too.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

MinorInconvenience posted:

These are people who spend $15,000 for a "completionist package" of ship jpegs which is not even complete!

Fun fact, the completionist was the only package worth less than what you pay for. I think it only has like $12,500 worth of ships.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

FMguru posted:

The excitement for minigames was always hilarious. "Hey, you want to pause in your spacegame to play a Newgrounds-level knockoff of Cooking Mama or Bejeweled or Tetris or some poo poo inside the engine?" "OMFG yes! YES!" *maxes out credit card*

Not only that, but each game incorporates heavy interaction between other players and NPCs in a way that only

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Titanic posted:

It's usually like #4.

That's cool. Still in the running then.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
So have they updated the J.Patch schedule?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MilesK posted:

Fun fact, the completionist was the only package worth less than what you pay for. I think it only has like $12,500 worth of ships.

HA! They are all worth less than what you pay for!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

HA! They are all worth less than what you pay for!

Actually you are pledging to support the game the ships are just :smug:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Can't wait for MOMA to excitedly tell us how to make mad bank from trading ship stocks on the grey market.

Any day now...

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

MilesK posted:

Should have been called the Completioni-

:smuggo:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

I don't get it

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Virtual Captain posted:

I remember the server blade replacement stuff but my brain must have blocked out mixmaster.

"ICES blades may fail for a variety of reasons, and each requires a specific procedure to resolve. Burned out units are simply ejected and replaced with another, assuming that the player had the foresight to restock their ship prior to departure. Excessive radio interference may prevent a solid communications data link from being established, which can in turn be addressed via a player quickly matching a set of binary filters to a hexadecimal status code before the interfering frequency and offsetting status code change."

:staredog: "The MixMaster is connected to eight different beverages and has a rotating set of nozzles. Pressing one of the eight associated buttons causes the corresponding beverage to dispense until the button is released. [...] A formula such as 1-1-4-8 would indicate that two parts beverage 1, one part beverage 4, and one part beverage 8 are required. The quality of the drink – displayed on the MixMaster – is determined by how accurately the portions were allocated. If the player isn’t happy with the quality of the drink they can simply press a key to discard it and start anew, but ships carry a limited supply of beverages so this tactic should be used sparingly. Upon acceptance of a drink it is moved to a conveyor belt on the side. Thus, players can prepare multiple drinks in a row and then move to deliver them, or one player can mix the drinks and another can focus on getting them where they belong."

Adding to tracker as:
  • Service server blades
  • Prepare and deliver drinks on passenger flights
Hahaha, I forgot about this piece of insanity

I remember someone who left CIG mentioned on their Linkedin that they had worked on a fluid dynamics simulation presumably for this minigame. That was about two years ago.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Needs more Street Fighter background characters.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Star Citizen: Master Hand and Crazy Hand Unite

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 30, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Wait, is Beet supposed to be safe in the water, or be safe out of the water?

I don't feel safe anywhere anymore.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

He really is seeing something in his brain and then acting it out with his hands

I knew a kid in grade school that did that , he was like 14 and hung around the 8 year olds because they didn't mind him running around making airplane noises and acting out scenes from the power rangers with them

Chris is a grown man with the mental capacity of a retarded 14 year old

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

his nibs posted:

Star Citize

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Even bunny man can get mad women. It's not like women are hard to find if you leave your basement, many who have low or no standards at all too.

Hopefully :reddit: are still lurking, have archived this information and are now leaving their basements to go find some women with low-no standards :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Needs glowsticks and a strobey effect overlaid onto the gif.