Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Jay-Z sucks now and I just don't understand how anyone can enjoy it. What was the last song u heard by Jay where u were like "poo poo is fire and Jay contributes!!!!!!" I honestly can't even remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Man, these freestyles. Ugly God was waaay ahead of what I was expecting, I really like his sense of humor. Amine is just doing a Chance impersonation. Kyle looks like a Bachelorette contestant. X is doing edgy tryhard black-Marilyn-Manson poo poo. Weird crop this year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

jay z dissing kanye instead of just giving him a phone call or him talking about the beyonce poo poo is so lame

Are we really gonna act like Kanye didn't start that poo poo and make it public?

Is this what we are really gonna do on this friday in the rap thread?

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Jay-Z sucks now and I just don't understand how anyone can enjoy it. What was the last song u heard by Jay where u were like "poo poo is fire and Jay contributes!!!!!!" I honestly can't even remember

Smile, Bam, Family Feud, Kill Jay Z, Drug Dealers Anonymous, Seen it all.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Whats with the XXXTenacion guy. On spotify it only has one track and he doesnt even rap

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

bows1 posted:

Whats with the XXXTenacion guy. On spotify it only has one track and he doesnt even rap

he bad

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
He probably needs to drop an album quickly. His 15 is burning out fast

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
It sounds like an old Salem track

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That triple X kid is so edgy i'm certain he's a parody

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
did someone post this already? https://www.audiomack.com/song/21savage/hunnid-on-the-drop

it's gr8 can't wait for the new 21

Wub a Dub Sub
Feb 13, 2012

to the heart and mind
ignorance is kind

there's no comfort in the truth
pain is all youll find

so im never gonna dance again
guilty feet have got no rhythem...
The new Schoolboy track on Calvin Harris' Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1 owns..

Slide is also a masterpiece, natch.

I've gone from having drat. as my AOTY, to SZA's CTRL, to this now.. my friends are probably getting tired of me parroting that THIS NEW THING IS AOTY NO QUESTION until the next week

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dexo posted:

Are we really gonna act like Kanye didn't start that poo poo and make it public?

Is this what we are really gonna do on this friday in the rap thread?

At least it wasn't on a recorded song

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

bows1 posted:

Soundcloud rapper

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

At least it wasn't on a recorded song

Yes because rappers never talk about personal stuff on raps.

Or they didn't talk before he wrote the verse

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

alansmithee posted:

Again, all credit to his hustle-nobody in the history of music has gotten more with less actual ability than Jay-Z.

Diddy?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dexo posted:

It could've been worse. At least Jay didn't do Ye like Dame and gently caress his ex.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Wub a Dub Sub posted:

The new Schoolboy track on Calvin Harris' Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1 owns..

Slide is also a masterpiece, natch.

I've gone from having drat. as my AOTY, to SZA's CTRL, to this now.. my friends are probably getting tired of me parroting that THIS NEW THING IS AOTY NO QUESTION until the next week
Yeah, it's like a way better version of Humanz.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

alansmithee posted:

Why is Jay the only rapper that people try to defend by saying "he's a great businessman!"?

He's a pretty good businessman, but a above average rapper who's puffed himself up to get people thinking he's a great rapper. He's basically rap Donald Trump-he been selling people on the Jay-Z brand so long they think it's actually quality. But in terms of the music world his biggest contribution is bringing Kanye up to national prominence.

Again, all credit to his hustle-nobody in the history of music has gotten more with less actual ability than Jay-Z. But that doesn't mean I wanna listen to his music, especially since he's been in his brand collaboration mode.

Amazing

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

are all 34 pages of ur posts in this thread just u stanning jay-z? take a breather friend

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Leave my son SHRIMP alone

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
is it jay-z still? or is it JAY-Z now

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Thom and the Heads posted:

are all 34 pages of ur posts in this thread just u stanning jay-z? take a breather friend

Can I live?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Jonathan Fisk posted:

who gets stuffy about lil yachty or 21 savage

Amber Rose

e: sorry misread

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ha

Wub a Dub Sub
Feb 13, 2012

to the heart and mind
ignorance is kind

there's no comfort in the truth
pain is all youll find

so im never gonna dance again
guilty feet have got no rhythem...

Joe Gillian posted:

Yeah, it's like a way better version of Humanz.

Totally! Humanz doesn't even register as a candidate (though I love Gorillaz and really enjoyed the album), because there's too much filler! Strobelite, Submission, The Apprentice, all top notch, but as a whole it pales in comparison to these other offerings. A fantastic year for music nonetheless.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Good Will Hrunting posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFsO7tmfT_s

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
After listening to the new Calvin Harris I became aware that I am not as familiar with ScHoolboy Q as I should be. Is there anywhere I should start or does it matter?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

angrygodofjebus posted:

After listening to the new Calvin Harris I became aware that I am not as familiar with ScHoolboy Q as I should be. Is there anywhere I should start or does it matter?

Go chronologically, imo, but my favourite is and will always remain Habits and Contradictions

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

str8 fuccin flames

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Remember when Jay cried cause another rapper teased him

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

angrygodofjebus posted:

https://youtu.be/nm_rtM2HgI4

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Crumbletron posted:

Go chronologically, imo, but my favourite is and will always remain Habits and Contradictions

Agree with this, although I think oxymoron is super underrated

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Robert Analog posted:

Agree with this, although I think oxymoron is super underrated

Same here, but it had serious track bloat. That's always been an issue with Q, though. Same thing happened with Blank Face.

He's also a very uneven performer. If the crowd is into him, the world is his oyster. If he's not feeling the crowd his effort level kind of dips and he gets visibly annoyed. The show I saw him at was of the latter type, and it was just okay. Part of it wasn't his fault (poo poo festival timeslot at like 6 pm after a big thunderstorm) but IMO you should be taking those moments to convert people and make them care about your music.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 30, 2017

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
the Jay-z slander is real

great album though, all praise to No ID. "Marcy Me" probably top 5 Jay track

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Rare Cam'ron

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
jay is wack for dissing kanye like that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

Ye made it out better than Young Chris

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

q hosed oxymoron up by releasing man of the year in november and not the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

I wonder how Future felt having his kid being a punchline in a Jay verse.