Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

AlmightyBob posted:

In something like 5 summer boxes I got a chromie spray... that's it

It's pretty incredible how Blizzard constantly finds ways to make their lootbox systems differently lovely between games. HotS was actually doing halfway decent on that score but then they had to go and introduce the "seasonal-but-no-guarantees-you'll-get-seasonal-items" lootbox and here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

First loot box gave me this bad boy :smugdog:

Not pink, send it back

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I've opened at most ten summer loot boxes so far and have two Bikini Stitches, a Power Drench Tychus, and a surfboard mount to show for it. RNG's a bitch. :shrug:

The Pull Party brawl is surprisingly fun, on an unrelated note! I'm almost tempted to play a few more matches even though I've already earned the chest reward.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

It's pretty incredible how Blizzard constantly finds ways to make their lootbox systems differently lovely between games. HotS was actually doing halfway decent on that score but then they had to go and introduce the "seasonal-but-no-guarantees-you'll-get-seasonal-items" lootbox and here we are.

It's almost like loot boxes are designed to be awful. Like it's their purpose.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
How long has that random hero bonus xp thing been in quick match? I only just noticed it last night and its cool getting stimpack levels of xp again even if it is for a random hero.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

It's almost like loot boxes are designed to be awful. Like it's their purpose.

Actually lootboxes are designed to extract gobs of money from people on a repeatable basis and in that respect they actually work remarkably well, as I'm sure any of Blizzard/Activision's shareholders would be happy to inform you.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

comatose posted:

How long has that random hero bonus xp thing been in quick match? I only just noticed it last night and its cool getting stimpack levels of xp again even if it is for a random hero.
It's been in for a while, but it only happens when whatever potato they have powering the queue gets overheated. Definitely check it out on new hero day.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MMAgCh posted:

The Pull Party brawl is surprisingly fun, on an unrelated note! I'm almost tempted to play a few more matches even though I've already earned the chest reward.

Yeah, that's quite a hoot. Especially when they try to rescue someone yanked to your side and you hook em back, pulling them apart mid-pool.

The summer lootbox stuff is Tychus/Stitches/Tracer, the surfboards, and then the sprays and user icons? Am I missing any skins to watch for?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, that's quite a hoot. Especially when they try to rescue someone yanked to your side and you hook em back, pulling them apart mid-pool.

The summer lootbox stuff is Tychus/Stitches/Tracer, the surfboards, and then the sprays and user icons? Am I missing any skins to watch for?

Nope that's all it is, and why I think they didn't put guaranteed summer drops in the summer chests. There are a ton of color variants per skin and surf board though.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Well this is the most XP I've ever received in one game :

I'm sure somebody here can beat it though! It was a 42min game (on loving Garden of Terror, of course).

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
What happens when you get to 999?

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
You get a loot chest and the number changes to "999"

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Schneider Inside Her posted:

What happens when you get to 999?

I assume you mean what happens when you pass 999? It goes to 1000. There are a few people on twitch with over 1k levels, and there was a post on reddit of a guy who was obviously using a bot who had some crazy 3k player score.

edit

found the link

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6hdnps/player_with_lvl_3699/

badjohny fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 30, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Contrary to popular belief, Reddit sometimes has cool poo poo:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
That's the current loading screen so ? ? ?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kalko posted:

Well this is the most XP I've ever received in one game :

I'm sure somebody here can beat it though! It was a 42min game (on loving Garden of Terror, of course).

You're 976 and only 16 Nazeebo? You and I play very different characters, I'm 26 with him at 275-ish.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Look closer

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's canon.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why is Tychus's belly button hosed up?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
more importantly...

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Well okay then.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
It's pretty bullshit they didn't add a special Murky skin for the event. I mean, he's the only aquatic character on the game, what the gently caress.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

he doesn't have time to swim

far too busy being jo's apprentice now

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean Murky's always ready for summertime, it's everyone else that needs to get on his level.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fuzz posted:

It's pretty bullshit they didn't add a special Murky skin for the event. I mean, he's the only aquatic character on the game, what the gently caress.

He already has a swim trunks skin

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I got the wet, squirting Tracer skin in my first box which is apparently a third of this event's content. The event feels like... a quarter of the way finished compared to OW events. Not sure if this is just a warm up or what, the number of skins is really low compared to hiw much effort they put into the new loot boxes and stuff (which catch me off guard every time)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 30, 2017

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why is Tychus's belly button hosed up?

Apparently back when Jimmy and him were outlaws the two of them were in a tussle with some UED marines or something and he took some bullets to the gut to give Jimmy time to escape

/lore

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

No Wave posted:

I got the wet, squirting Tracer skin in my first box which is apparently a third of this event's content. The event feels like... a quarter of the way finished compared to OW events. Not sure if this is just a warm up or what, the number of skins is really low compared to hiw much effort they put into the new loot boxes and stuff (which catch me off guard every time)

Probably testing the waters on the whole event loot boxes thing. People already seem to dislike the loot changes in 2.0 so they might be wary of pissing them off even more.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Holy poo poo this brawl is amazing.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

My favorite part about the loot and loot boxes is people on reddit posting honestly that they are worried Blizzard isn't making any money now and people should buy things. I mean just wow.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

moush posted:

Probably testing the waters on the whole event loot boxes thing. People already seem to dislike the loot changes in 2.0 so they might be wary of pissing them off even more.

I don't really understand why they went with a system where the summer loot boxes can just NOT contain summer stuff. Like obviously it sucks getting a spray over a skin but at least you'd be still guaranteed at least one thing of summer loot.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

moush posted:

They do? I love 2.0, since it gives me skins for free, instead of skins for money.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

They do? I love 2.0, since it gives me skins for free, instead of skins for money.

This, right here. 2.0 got me into it because of the prospect of getting dudes from boxes, and the cosmetic stuff being a neat bonus. I've gotten some great skins on my way up to 135, and a couple of free heroes as well. I also got in with good timing with that 25-pack of free heroes, and converting all my WoW gold to HOTS Hexagons to play around and buy sale Heroes with.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Any word on when they're supposed to talk about Russian Space Bug Man during HGC today?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RevolverDivider posted:

Holy poo poo this brawl is amazing.

Yeah it needs to be in the regular rotation. Stuff like this and Ghost Protocol are what brawls are supposed to be; fun, hectic and short. Fun if you win or lose instead of just "RNG RNG RNG!!! Oh except we'll make you play first to 2 or 3, to make it feel less like the RNG screwed you"

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Destructoid got tired of waiting, here's Stukov's kit and talents

https://www.destructoid.com/starcraft-s-alexei-stukov-is-coming-to-heroes-of-the-storm-as-a-support-445783.phtml

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Coolness Averted posted:

Fun if you win or lose

Had a person literally freaking out in my last game of this brawl and going "idiots" in chat even though we were winning and eventually did win. No matter what the mode is, no matter how silly it is, if you're not playing optimally someone will get really angry.

Like imagine being someone who takes the "Stitches wearing a bikini and carrying around a bucket and pail pulling another Stitches across a swimming pool while Gnomergon music plays" brawl THAT seriously

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
At the risk of repeating something already known, it appears that completing the Veteran Introduction challenge awards a starter chest including a 7 day stimpack and a free hero even if you've done it before, though I'm not sure at which point progress was reset. The 2.0 release perhaps? I'm fairly sure I've completed it before and I received the chest. Probably worth a shot considering it takes all of maybe ten minutes to do.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

W.T. Fits posted:

Any word on when they're supposed to talk about Russian Space Bug Man during HGC today?

After the current match: https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Holy poo poo they just confirmed Fenix during the HGC stream

as a sc2 commander