Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

Virgil doing a Canadian Destroyer

I would buy that being the purple guy trying an elaborate new suplex before buying that as a Canadian Destroyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Looks like a Dudebuster counter.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Chris James 2 posted:

It's impressive how the only thing Virgil does is lock his arms so the guy doesn't drop him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's impressive how the only thing Virgil does is lock his arms so the guy doesn't drop him.

It really looks like a dad trying to teach his child how to ride their bike.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lucha Bros off tonight's DEFY show in Seattle. Pentagon got mugged in Mexico City overnight, and while dealing with the situation he and Fenix missed their flight

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Ohhhh, Dijak made BOLA. I'm stoked for him!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

I had no idea that anybody was running in this area besides NXT.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

I guarantee he saw Marty Jannetty do it at the Janela show and decided to lift it

I'm pretty sure that is Janela in that match so its his idea to make these old wash ups do Canadian Destroyers

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't see this posted but MSNBC's Chris Hayes did a segment on the "Progressive Liberal". This confirming once and for all he's a goon.

So congrats on affecting the political discourse of cable news, rowdy ringsports.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't see this posted but MSNBC's Chris Hayes did a segment on the "Progressive Liberal". This confirming once and for all he's a goon.

So congrats on affecting the political discourse of cable news, rowdy ringsports.

okay so which of you is it

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

I had no idea that anybody was running in this area besides NXT.

Leva's a regular there. She had a good match vs Mia Yim recently.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Lucha Bros off tonight's DEFY show in Seattle. Pentagon got mugged in Mexico City overnight, and while dealing with the situation he and Fenix missed their flight

Now he has cero dinero :(

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

KungFu Grip posted:

okay so which of you is it

oatgan sent it to murder bryan, which then means twitter was going to run away with it. he's the rat, he's the msnbc correspondent with a nice boy's haircut.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It seems to be getting around. I just did a quick search for the MSNBC video and immediately saw links to the Washington Post, Salon, and the Hill. But I have no doubt it had to have started here because that's way too big a coincidence.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Great to see Dijak in BOLA. Man he continues to get bookings further into the future while also promising some more surprise bookings coming up. Let's see, he already has dates lined up every weekend for the next few months, but Impact has their TV tapings in the middle of the upcoming week. Hhhmm! Impact also recently fired 3 agents in part to make room for some new talent signings. Put all the pieces of the puzzle together and you'll get all the answers.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's like rovert made an imperfect clone that rebelled against its master

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It's like rovert made an imperfect clone that rebelled against its master

They must fight to the death. For our entertainment

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

lol

Even when done right, the Canadian Destroyer is one of those wacky indie geek moves that doesn't make much sense in kayfabe but you just go with it. This goes straight into "who was that supposed to hurt?" territory.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DM Punk posted:

Leva's a regular there. She had a good match vs Mia Yim recently.

I refuse to believe Leva has ever had a good match with anybody. She's consistently the worst part of seeing Wrestlecircus, aside from the shows all being like 5 hours long.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Phenix Rising posted:

I refuse to believe Leva has ever had a good match with anybody. She's consistently the worst part of seeing Wrestlecircus, aside from the shows all being like 5 hours long.

When she's sober, she's quite good. Her last SHINE match was one of those. Orpheum has a standing order not to serve her unless she settles her tab first.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chris James 2 posted:

Luchaworld says his passport was stolen and he won't be able to get a new one until Monday

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Joey Janela, make Terry Funk do a Destroyer to you

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

Her last SHINE title match vs Lufisto was a MOTYC. Legit good by any standards. She's had plenty of solid matches against Lufisto and others in the past. There's also a bunch of good tag matches she's had with Mia Yim as the Lucha Sisters too.

She's never gonna be great in the ring, but her charisma and cosplay stuff can be really entertaining. She has a lot of fans.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Wrestle Circus owner Al Lenhart is currently streaming and answering questions on Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/wrestlecircus

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yes that's Jack Swagger

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He never had a great physique but his torso looks a lil too much like mine for comfort

He remains huge, though

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DM Punk posted:

Her last SHINE title match vs Lufisto was a MOTYC. Legit good by any standards. She's had plenty of solid matches against Lufisto and others in the past. There's also a bunch of good tag matches she's had with Mia Yim as the Lucha Sisters too.

She's never gonna be great in the ring, but her charisma and cosplay stuff can be really entertaining. She has a lot of fans.

Yeah, the cosplay stuff is fun and my only real exposure to her is NXT and Wrestlecircus so my view is very skewed. What I've seen in person at Wrestlecircus has just been bad and looks like someone who has had like, three weeks of training.

Definitely willing to give the benefit of the doubt and check out some other matches!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Big Mike should still be able to ragdoll fat Jack Swagger. I will never forget aeeing Jeff Cobb deadlift German suplexing a near 400 lb guy live it was loving insane

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Is Swagger having good matches? Is the fat helping him like it did for Hero?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah, the cosplay stuff is fun and my only real exposure to her is NXT and Wrestlecircus so my view is very skewed. What I've seen in person at Wrestlecircus has just been bad and looks like someone who has had like, three weeks of training.

Definitely willing to give the benefit of the doubt and check out some other matches!

I mean, her work at Wrestlecircus is 99% entrance/gimmick and 1% actual wrestling. She doesn't get booked in the important singles matches. She is over with that crowd though. And I know the owners love her, so she's probably got a job there for the foreseeable future.

She's a mainstay at SHIMMER, arguably the gold standard of women's wrestling in the US, so that tells you she has something of value.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

DM Punk posted:

I mean, her work at Wrestlecircus is 99% entrance/gimmick and 1% actual wrestling. She doesn't get booked in the important singles matches. She is over with that crowd though. And I know the owners love her, so she's probably got a job there for the foreseeable future.

She's a mainstay at SHIMMER, arguably the gold standard of women's wrestling in the US, so that tells you she has something of value.

keep in mind, ed from san antonio is also basically her patron, so she's well taken care of at the Wrestle Circus shows in particular. I think her gimmick works for now, but she is extremely small and seems to have very little regular wrestling matches. She gets a pop, but her in that six way tag women's match was rough. she's a nice person though, but i would definately not book her in real matches and just as a weird valet/dress-up comedy jobber on the show

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Yes that's Jack Swagger

Dude looks like a dad playing "shirts and skins" basketball who got drafted to the skins team as a rib.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Is Swagger having good matches? Is the fat helping him like it did for Hero?

no

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this unnamed giant without wrestling gear only managing to have an average match with Elgin at an indie show in 2017 is sad but also kind of impressive

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

wait that's not a gimmick because Ed in San Antonio is extremely creepy about Leva Bates

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Leva Bates is the poster child of a bad in between era of US women's indie wrestling which I hope goes by the wayside after the MYC.

Dressing up isn't that hard or an unique skill. The likes of Curtis Axel and Charlie Haas did it and a lot better.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

So she's Sandman with cosplay instead of beer and canes.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

So she's Sandman with cosplay instead of beer and canes.

And Sandman is still getting booked in 2017, so Leva will be fine. She also works a lot of comic cons where hosts panels and stuff. She is also trying to get into voiceover work

Point is, Leva gets a lot out of the resources she has.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hope Leva Bates keeps getting paid, she's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
OTT's show at the weekend was pretty good.

Rob Cage debuted his Bobby George Jr character, a darts player from the 80s. It was over like gangbusters on the show, so I expect it'll come to progress and things like that. It's a lot of fun, he comes down to the ring with his pint in his hand, he has his own announcer who calls things mid match (like OONNNEEEEEHUNDREDAND EIGGHTTY) which was pretty good. I don't really know much about darts but the crowd was hopping for it.

Angel Cruz has now used a switchblade, a gun, an axe, and most recently an open handcuff to the throat to try to murder people.

Keith Lee is a loving monster. He's awesome. it was BSS vs. Dijak, Lee and Callihan.

Ryan Smile needs to be booked more places, like Progress. He's really loving good at being a dick heel. He reminds me a little of Shawn Michaels in the 90s (not as good obviously), where as a heel he was getting significant cheers, and as a face he was getting significant boos.

Worth a look if anyone gets the on demand, but not a blowaway like the last coulpe have been.

The big summer show, Wrestlerama in the national stadium now has:

Ryan Smile (c) vs. Mark Haskins vs. Marty Scurll

War Machine and Jeff Cobb vs. British Strong Style

Tag Title Match (cashing in the Gold Ring)
CCK (Banks\Brooks\Lykos) vs. Kings of The North (c) (Corvin\Bonesaw\Disorderly)

Matt Cross vs Jordan Devlin

Matt Sydal vs. Ricochet

World's Cutest tag Team vs Angel Cruz and Martina the Session Moth (at least I think it's Martina)