Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
my favorite artist is will.Be.get of the first-round pounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

The Glumslinger posted:

Ricky :nyoron:

Also, I'm not sure I'd rather have Teague over Rubio

This is me right now. Especially if Teague costs more than Rubio (which I have to imagine he will).

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

my favorite artist is will.Be.get of the first-round pounds

First Round Pound

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/880894260307935232

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

First Round Pound

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Teague had a bad start, but turned it around and was good this year. It's just an odd fit to me since his defense will drive Tibs nuts.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

And he could play off ball really well although that being an issue depends on getting Hayward back. But yeah Rubio on a team that already struggled with spacing seems real bad

The last two seasons he took the worst spacing team in the league and they had a 12th and 10th best offense. If Utah can keep their FA, their offense will look better under Rubio. The scoring difference is 5 pts a game between him and Hill, and Rubio will be generating more than that back with better looks for Gobert and Hood.

WhyteRyce posted:

Jeff Teague is my favorite "PG that people think is better than he actually is"

Yeah, I'd rather just have Rubio, not super excited for Teague.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Eltoasto posted:

Teague had a bad start, but turned it around and was good this year. It's just an odd fit to me since his defense will drive Tibs nuts.

Shooty PG are Thibs specialty, even if they play bad defense. See: Robinson, Nate

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

I'm all of the people in the replies firing back with this tweet:
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/834861961439358976

Cool Buff Man posted:

First Round Pound

I'm bummed that we didn't get a chance to use this nickname for Dexter Pittman or Diamond Stone

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

uhh every news outlet reported that Minnesota was the party that turned it down, wanted a bunch of picks that Knicks weren't willing to give up, but yeah sure Phil Jackson's a big idiot. In summary:

Cool Buff Man posted:

First Round Pound

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

EvanTH posted:

whoa that means some other team will offer him like 15m

not sure if I'd call a 27 year old "fast developing" but whatever, the final O in his name instead of a typical A makes him easily worth the cash

He's easily among the top 16 starting PGs in the league

He's Arenas-limited so unless one of the cap space teams wants to offer him a Tyler Johnson-like deal he's probably staying in San Antonio.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

First Round Pound

of Round Mound of Rebound, please, Sir. And can you wrap that in butcher paper?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
All excited to root for a puppy-eyed Spanish PG this year and now I'm getting Jeff Teague. Eh, okay.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Please, sir, no, sir, not Jeff Teague, sir, we'd like Kyle Lowry on this team, sir

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Timberwolves should offer a max to Hayward. Let Butler and Hayward run the offense.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I wonder how much $$$ he's getting paid for all that.

EvanTH posted:

Calipari is a great pickup for when we need to secretly give our players money, not sure

what else he brings tho

He is going to scream loudly at Carmelo to no avail.

Ghost Dog posted:

whats the risk? 2 ball dominant players can work fine together even without good offball games, and both players can easily work offball. is the risk that patrick beverly suddenly becomes a top 5 pg all time? that massively upgrading their team might not win them a championship at the cost of....absolutely 0 part of their future?

Injury, but that's a risk for everyone except LBJ so it's not a big deal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If we dumped Rubio for Teague I'm calling the season ticket reps and felling them that specific signing stopped me from buying a season ticket package

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

IcePhoenix posted:

If we dumped Rubio for Teague I'm calling the season ticket reps and felling them that specific signing stopped me from buying a season ticket package

Why? I can understand preferring Lowry or Hill, but Teague was better than Rubio last year.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I'm glad Ricky Rubio finally got traded so Rockets fans can stop suggesting that for a year

G-Hawk posted:

per Houston chronicle, the Rockets intend to bring over Zhou Qi.

7'2 21 year old in China that they drafted in 2016. I don't know much about him. Looking around online looks like hes got a decent outside shot. Skinny as gently caress, probably needs to put on about 50lbs to not get pushed around in the paint.

He needs to put on about 50 pounds to not be considered at-risk for an eating disorder. He's gonna get pushed around in the D-League for like two years minimum.

That said, he's the next Yao Ming as far as I'm concerned

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Zogo posted:

He is going to scream loudly at Carmelo to no avail.

We shoulda had Tony Soprano for coach RIP in Peace

CARM

CAAAARM

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

IcePhoenix posted:

You got Butler for peanuts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Teague is only 2 years younger than Lowry and way way worse.

The only reason to get Teague is if he costs half as much, which means the Wolves can get a good stretch PF.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rondo's going to play for david blatt's turkish team, learn turkish to rally the players against him, and somehow end up on one side of the erdogan/gulen divide

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Okay but those were honey roasted peanuts, the best and most expensive kind.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Why? I can understand preferring Lowry or Hill, but Teague was better than Rubio last year.

He scored 4 more points per game, was not as good of a distributor, and was not nearly the same defensive level. He's a better shooter, but Teague's contract will probably be 2x what Rubio's is. I'd rather have Rubio and a fixed bench than Teague and the horror show we had last year.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is 33m enough for Hill and Ibaka? I'd try to go that way, i suck.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Teague is great at nothing, bad at nothing (closest thing would be his defensive awareness). He probably makes more sense on the wolves where Butler will do a lot of ball handling than Rubio but is all in all I think a worse player, and certainly a less exciting one

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

R.D. Mangles posted:

rondo's going to play for david blatt's turkish team, learn turkish to rally the players against him, and somehow end up on one side of the erdogan/gulen divide

Let us hope he chooses wisely and uses his Alpha powers for good

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

The only reason to get Teague is if he costs half as much, which means the Wolves can get a good stretch PF.

Teague is trying to negotiate a max with New Orleans. It may not be a full max, but it'll probably be close

If they get him for like 15 million or something then its fine.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tae posted:

Who? Despite their popularity and value actually good stretch 4s are hard to come by

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

speaking of dismantling phil

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/880915778509443074

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
E: ^^^ lmao

DeimosRising posted:

Who? Despite their popularity and value actually good stretch 4s are hard to come by

Serge baby

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

EvanTH posted:

He's easily among the top 16 starting PGs in the league

So...average/below-average starting PG then?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

DeimosRising posted:

I'd say Niko Mirotic but he isn't good and there's no way Thibs wants him again.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Strawberry Panda posted:

GSW lineups are like +60 with Iggy and -21 without him. He's essential to the killer line ups. Don't know who you replace him with when you're playing small.

It's a loss but ultimately a superficial one. His playoff/finals numbers have been on the decline each year.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WhyteRyce posted:

So...average/below-average starting PG then?

Yup. I think he's the most average PG in the league. Might even be a bench guard or two who's on par with him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ah yes a bigger semaj criston that's what the team needs https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/880917695952244737

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

EvanTH posted:

Calipari is a great pickup for when we need to secretly give our players money, not sure what else he brings tho

I mean, that would be a pretty sweet ability in the NBA too. Remember when the nets got AK47 for a mysteriously low contract?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

If Teague costs over 20 million I think I might rather give the keys to Tyus and go make a huge splash somewhere else.

Offer that OKC pick and their #16 for a Paul George rental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Stackhouse
Apr 12, 2008

Even though the Warriors are agents provocateurs, is it OK to like them?
https://66thtake.wordpress.com/2017/06/30/hercules-and-the-hydra/
PS I am happy the Hornets drafted a good player with a good name.

• Locked thread