Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Salon/status/880906613246308353

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Senator Gillibrand Kinda Looks Like A Good Dem And That's Worth A Vote Alone

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Not a Step posted:

E: So does this make Macron France's Obama equivalent? A clean cut genial technocrat who will oversee the decay of his party, do little to nothing for his people, and then usher in a right wing lunatic?

I like how it took Macron like, a month, to get to the point that Obama needed seven years to get to

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

radical meme posted:

I know what this thread's answer to this question is before I even ask but, is it better to accept the existence of the Stephanie Murphys and Joe Manchins of Democratic politics or purge them and watch their seats go to Republicans?

Kind of a rhetorical question for me since I know what most here will answer. It bears mulling over though.

rhetorical for me too since I no longer vote for lesser evils; it doesn't "bear mulling over" for me bc after decades of voting for dems and working for dems I'm convinced there's no way of getting them to actually change in the ways they need to (and, in fact, they've gotten way worse with the march of time instead of better).

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Lindsey Buckinghan was so good that when he left Fleetwood Mac in the 80s they had to replace him with 2 people.
...and they still couldn't come close to him.

Stevie Nicks has one of the coolest voices in rock history and generally owns bones. Everything else about Fleetwood is Macronish.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

Senator Gillibrand Kinda Looks Like A Good Dem And That's Worth A Vote Alone

"This is a move to the left for Gillibrand, who despite advocating for “Medicare for all” since her first congressional campaign has not outright advocated a single-payer system."

lolol.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

This has to be a translation issue, right? The whole schtick with these guys is to sound like you give a poo poo while not actually giving a poo poo.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"now that polls are showing 20-some-percent more voters in favor of medicare for all than the ACA, I feel it is my innefectual duty to come out for medicare for all, which I've supported for years, cross my heart"--k. gillibrand

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 23:26 on Jun 30, 2017

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

The glorious District says No https://twitter.com/MurielBowser/status/880916036337401856

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

rhetorical for me too since I no longer vote for lesser evils; it doesn't "bear mulling over" for me bc after decades of voting for dems and working for dems I'm convinced there's no way of getting them to actually change in the ways they need to (and, in fact, they've gotten way worse with the march of time instead of better).

So you're a Republican now?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

radical meme posted:

So you're a Republican now?

yes, exactly; lesser evils and greater evils are the only 2 ballot choices. :rolleyes:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Uhh, maybe your should take a break from this stuff?

every now and then i like to mix it up a little and lose sleep over the smaller stuff, as opposed to my usual hate-on over neoliberals learning the wrong kind of lesson re: the election of trump, if they learn anything at all.

edit:

ThndrShk2k posted:

poo poo's hosed, yo.

Plus he's like the chair of his local dem stuff in the middle of nowhere so he's gotta care more about this to know who to yell about on his pulpit.

this, too. the state party has been running an ad on facebook for fundraising that is... cause for concern. Imma see if I can find it.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 23:59 on Jun 30, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lets just balkanize this country already jfc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

she followed up this statement by kidnapping a princes with a plumber in hot persuit

Al! has issued a correction as of 23:51 on Jun 30, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Willa Rogers posted:

cause no one's takin the crown from ma party agin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Willa Rogers posted:

yes, exactly; lesser evils and greater evils are the only 2 ballot choices. :rolleyes:

point to a third party candidate that's eva won in american history, an i will point you to the nearest psych ward

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Al! posted:

you're becoming a good dem now...

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
Dems: Don't Stop
Leftists: Go your Own Way, Gold Dust Woman

Dems: Landslide
Leftists: Gypsy, Dreams

Republicans: "I like Rhiannon..."

Dems: "Oh, yeah, I like Rhiannon"
Leftists: "Rhiannon is a v good song"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py3w5fttedA

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Everything else about Fleetwood is Macronish.

gently caress off with this poo poo.

Subjunctivitis has issued a correction as of 23:54 on Jun 30, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Scent of Worf posted:

you're becoming a good dem now...

how fuckin dare you accuse me of being a dem

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

point to a third party candidate that's eva won in american history, an i will point you to the nearest psych ward

Abraham Lincoln. But he's from an obscure party that I'm sure you've never heard of.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

George Washington ran for President and won every electoral college vote as a non-partisan independent :smaug:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

docbeard posted:

Abraham Lincoln. But he's from an obscure party that I'm sure you've never heard of.

whigs, which were republicans, which are now democrats, ideologically speakin
:lurkmore:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

docbeard posted:

:prepop:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Pretend I didn't link the "What Bernie could learn from Macron" thing but still agree that he could win a third party if the dems get a bad candidate 2020 and if Trump is still the nominee

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

LGD posted:

George Washington ran for President and won every electoral college vote as a non-partisan independent :smaug:

ok, a candidate that preceded american parties as an existing concept

your sophistry gives me goosebumps, but leave it to the pro's
:smugwizard:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

whigs, which were republicans, which are now democrats, ideologically speakin
:lurkmore:

He was, in fact, from the brand-new Republican Party, one of four political parties (if you count North and South Democrats as two, which you may as well since they both ran candidates) represented in the 1860 election.

So it's a reasonable stretch to say that a third party, non-establishment candidate became one of our most beloved presidents. And it only took a literal secession crisis to make it happen.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Al! posted:

I've been thinking that for years

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/BernieUpstateNY/status/879312907149987840

:bernin:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
That sounds like bullshit to me

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Stevie Nicks has one of the coolest voices in rock history and generally owns bones. Everything else about Fleetwood is Macronish.

You shut your goddamn mouth Mick Fleetwood is clearly either the inspiration for Animal from the muppets or vice versa.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
when was the last time that non-voters weren't a plurality of eligible voters

seems like that's the third party that always wins

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

That sounds like bullshit to me

It's as real as the time Bernie Sanders, wasted on LSD or maple syrup or something, came 'round to my apartment and told me he was actually Christopher Marlowe, and that he had written all of Shakespeare's plays.

Which I already knew, but it was nice to have the confirmation.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The Merchant of Vermont

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I love Bruce Rappaport.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

docbeard posted:

He was, in fact, from the brand-new Republican Party, one of four political parties (if you count North and South Democrats as two, which you may as well since they both ran candidates) represented in the 1860 election.

So it's a reasonable stretch to say that a third party, non-establishment candidate became one of our most beloved presidents. And it only took a literal secession crisis to make it happen.

alright, that's a reasonable stretch

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
well

Lincoln's election *was* the secession crisis

SC (& co) didn't secede until Lincoln won

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
So what you're saying is...

People's Party for Bernie Sanders 2020

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why do people like Angela Merkel so much? Like everything I've read about her is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Interesting study on which members of congress pay their interns (spoiler: not many).

• Locked thread