Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Can't wait for people with a lot of moleman artifacts to become gazillionaires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Kainser posted:

Can't wait for people with a lot of moleman artifacts to become gazillionaires

I'd rather be destitute than associated in anyway with Gazillion inc

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

What do ypu keep and what do you lose when you prestige a hero? Other than your dignity

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Kly posted:

What do ypu keep and what do you lose when you prestige a hero? Other than your dignity

Keep everything, equipped gear is put in inventory or mailed to you, you get one default costume and your name changes colour.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

a whole generation of players will never be able to spin to win on rogue...a generation cut down in its prime :negative:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Without getting too much into Marvel/Fox (that's who controls the FF movies right?) drama, what's the endgame with eliminating the FF in all things? Like I could maybe understand if licensing the FF characters cost more than the others and it wasn't worth it, but why is Marvel going out of their way to cast out the FF? Are they trying to devalue them enough to convince Fox to sell the movie rights back or something?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Humerus posted:

Without getting too much into Marvel/Fox (that's who controls the FF movies right?) drama, what's the endgame with eliminating the FF in all things? Like I could maybe understand if licensing the FF characters cost more than the others and it wasn't worth it, but why is Marvel going out of their way to cast out the FF? Are they trying to devalue them enough to convince Fox to sell the movie rights back or something?

It's to spite Fox, who owns the rights and yes, devalue them. In due time, Marvel hopes they will be so devalued that Fox sells them the rights back.

And then, like all things, The Fantastic Four will be powered up by money and be relevant again. Because money, of course, makes all things better and stronger.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
You'd think that poo poo like "Fant4stic" was doing plenty of devaluing the franchise on its own, but it seems the bigwigs feel differently.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
This is of course a fundamentally stupid plan, since the Fantastic Four is already objectively not making money for Fox, who are still super happy to hold onto rights they cannot leverage into income. Both sides are acting purely on spite.

This is, of course, a hell of a way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Jack "the King" Kirby.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

AzraelNewtype posted:

This is of course a fundamentally stupid plan, since the Fantastic Four is already objectively not making money for Fox, who are still super happy to hold onto rights they cannot leverage into income. Both sides are acting purely on spite.

This is, of course, a hell of a way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Jack "the King" Kirby.

I guess this is what I don't get, I was under the impression the first two FF movies did poorly and the newest one even more, yet Fox and Marvel are having some weird contest about a franchise that basically nobody cares about.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Humerus posted:

I guess this is what I don't get, I was under the impression the first two FF movies did poorly and the newest one even more, yet Fox and Marvel are having some weird contest about a franchise that basically nobody cares about.
In a game that nobody cares about.

What confuses me is why a one-day notice super secret removal? Either the disney liaison is some intern that thinks people care about an old dead game, or Gaz has really screwed up with Marvel and promised to remove the F4 a year ago.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Humerus posted:

a lot of big name marvel villains are technically f4 enemies(doom, galactus + silver surfer, skrulls, kang the conqueror) and that's mostly what marvel would want the movie rights back for

or at least that's the primary theory you see on the internet

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I'm sure between merchandising and "creative accounting" that Fox makes plenty of money on the FF4 property

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dang dudes, I bought I think ONE F4 card a few days back and I got all the costumes and poo poo from it today

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Baby Proof posted:

In a game that nobody cares about.

What confuses me is why a one-day notice super secret removal? Either the disney liaison is some intern that thinks people care about an old dead game, or Gaz has really screwed up with Marvel and promised to remove the F4 a year ago.

I'm sure what happened is X amount of days ago Marvel told Gazillion they had to have all FF peeps removed in X days so Gaz waited X-1 days to tell the community and then remove them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel is run by a Mad Men character.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

matt weiner's creepy kid

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Humerus posted:

The Jessica Alba movies did ok-ish (the first one well enough to get a sequel, the second one still made money, just not very much)

But yeah it's basically a pissing contest and marvel really *really* wants to get their hands on Doom.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 30, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They haven't managed to scrub everything yet.

Whatta revoltin' development.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hogama posted:

They haven't managed to scrub everything yet.

Whatta revoltin' development.

Right here. Heaven forbid Marvel sees this. May try to shut Steam down.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

My name is on a marvel owned kill-list because im an advocate for Super Skrull to appear in anything.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
At least Marvel was gracious enough to not force gaz to remove the entirety of chapter 10

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
defeat villians as sufer to get an artifact that only he would ever use, just in time for being removed from the game

they really should hire a spellchecker at some point

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah there should be 2 Fs.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What happens if you already own all the FF guys?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Invalid Validation posted:

Disney sends an assassin to your house in the night.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

4 really bad movies.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

You can sell your account to remaining Fantastic 4 fans that has yet to have played this game.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

You can play the one of them that's fun.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
And unsurprisingly, today's Midtown Patrol shared quest requires you to defeat Mole Man, who of course isn't in the game any more.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

And unsurprisingly, today's Midtown Patrol shared quest requires you to defeat Mole Man, who of course isn't in the game any more.

Rofl. Davebo, it's coming. I swear it's coming. Your time is near.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

So the anniversary event is over? I did my daily login last night and only got the spidey fortune card, no cake or other goodies. I thought it wasn't ending until the month was over. I forgot to pick up the second 500 eternity splinter pack to put towards ults, I'd bought more cakes instead. My bad for not realizing Gaz time is its own thing. I did finally get Blackagar Boltagon, Beastagar Beastagon and Samuel Jackagon Fury to 60 so I'm all ready for fifteen new heroes to be released any day now.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I can't wait for Mr. Gaz to decide it's finally time to delete the mutants as well instead.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Got the 50% off coupon (was hoping for bigger, but ehh) AFTER they removed the chase costumes for the F4.

Well, I got all Thing's non enhanced costumes now (hammer thing ain't Benjamin J Grimm, just some other mook!), but no Thing Incognito costume for me I suppose. Unless the next F4 movie bombs and Marvel finally buys the rights back.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Not sure Cosmic Vulture artifacts should be dropping 3 at a time, but they are. Has happened twice now for me

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Humerus posted:

I think non comic-fans not giving a poo poo about the Fantastic Four probably has something to do with it.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

bagrada posted:

So the anniversary event is over? I did my daily login last night and only got the spidey fortune card, no cake or other goodies. I thought it wasn't ending until the month was over. I forgot to pick up the second 500 eternity splinter pack to put towards ults, I'd bought more cakes instead. My bad for not realizing Gaz time is its own thing. I did finally get Blackagar Boltagon, Beastagar Beastagon and Samuel Jackagon Fury to 60 so I'm all ready for fifteen new heroes to be released any day now.

My favorite thing about them patching the anniversary off early is that it took a week for them to fix a crash-on-launch bug the anniversary patch introduced for Mac, leading to people asking for the event to be extended. Cutting it a couple days short so you can start the Spider-Man movie a week before it's in theaters instead of just after the holiday (and still before the movie is out) is obviously the reasonable compromise.

Also, this patch apparently removed the ability for ARMOR drives to drop at all I guess, since I still had a bounty active and got the notification when I achieved it, but none dropped at all. I mean, I don't really need ARMOR drives or anything, but come on you couldn't let the last 50 bundle fall out when the message implies that they did? You'd think it would be easier to script that as a condition of the buff, rather than as a condition of the event that generates the buffs. I guess that's why they didn't.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The game is officially out on consoles now so probably time for a new thread

Marvel Heroes Omega: 2016 never ends, but clobbering time did

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Weren't the console people going to make their own thread since how different the game is for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Fantastic Four rights situation is a little more involved than just "Fox won't play ball". The actual movie rights holder for F4 and related characters has been Constantin Film since 1986 (they show up in the Production credits for all the movies, and help handle distribution). Constantin Film has just been subcontracting Fox for the "movie every seven years" bit. Constantin Film is currently owned by Constantin Medien AG, which as I understand is a fairly strong independent media group in Germany, so it's not like they're in danger of sudden bankruptcy or hostile takeovers which could lead to a cancelled contract. There was some talk of them shuttering Constantin Film to focus on other media, but it's like as not they'd just shuffle the rights further. And there's been buzz of Fox making another Fantastic Four movie again, too...

But we all know this is just the end result of Gaz defying their masters with that one-time Fantastic Four sale. They flew too close to the sun.