Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Todd Gurley haa been piss bad longer than he was good.

And Gordon doesn't have any competition at RB because the roster has legitimately 6 good to great WR/TEs

Allen
Williams
Williams
Benjamin
Gates
Henry

P Rivs throwin 100 TDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Todd Gurley haa been piss bad longer than he was good.

It wasn't pretty, but he got 1100 yards last year. There's a place for the guy who's going to get you 70 yards a game and the occasional TD. He's being drafted higher than that guy though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Except he only had 55 yards on the ground per game last year and they brought in Lance Dunbar to be Chris Thompson so his 3.2 YPC will only take him so far this season.

I mean cover up those four games and tell me what you have here

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 29, 2017

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Todd Gurley is bad because the rams are bad. This is the life of non pass catching backs who aren't first ballot HoF's. Don't draft in redraft leagues but maybe look into buying in dynasty.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Papes posted:

Todd Gurley is bad because the rams are bad. This is the life of non pass catching backs who aren't first ballot HoF's. Don't draft in redraft leagues but maybe look into buying in dynasty.

He caught 43 passes last year.

Spoeank raises a good point that if that goes away, things look grim, but it's hard to label him a non-pass catcher.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Let your friends draft Todd Gurley.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

He caught 43 passes last year.

Spoeank raises a good point that if that goes away, things look grim, but it's hard to label him a non-pass catcher.

Especially when Lance Dunbar is the competition. I'm cautiously optimistic about Dunbar as a free add in deep dynasty leagues, but let's not get ahead of ourselves before seeing him on the field again.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, so Slow Draft II has turned into a mock redraft draft. As promised, I'm gonna do a Slow Draft III.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825310
Post in the thread if you want to do it!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

Especially when Lance Dunbar is the competition. I'm cautiously optimistic about Dunbar as a free add in deep dynasty leagues, but let's not get ahead of ourselves before seeing him on the field again.

Lance Dunbar tore his patellar tendon last offseason and was not the same player last year. I think people are getting too hung up on the Dunbar = Chris Thompson narrative, and think Gurley will still catch plenty of passes. LAR also improved their o-line this offseason, FWIW.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

*Swings in on a vine*

ahem. gently caress Todd Gurley.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Beer, do you do beersheets for auction leagues?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

Beer, do you do beersheets for auction leagues?

Yup.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Hey y'all wanna hear something good

In best ball drafts, I'm all about drafting a TE in the first 5 rounds

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Hey y'all wanna hear something good

In best ball drafts, I'm all about drafting a TE in the first 5 rounds

I've only done one, but it seems like Best Ball drafts reward those who take a risk on an oft-injured player, but make sure to back them up. With that in mind, Gronk, Reed, and Kelce (not oft-injured, but oft-ninja) seems pretty safe

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/880804947813703681

Dgb a bad football man whoda :thunk: it

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Guess it's time for me to finally drop him and Christine Michael from my dynasty team

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

drizzle posted:

Guess it's time for me to finally drop him and Christine Michael from my dynasty team

C-Mike is going to breakout out for the Colts in 2018! You heard it here first!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

My answer to DGB vs Langford was depressingly answered.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ya boy just got offered $150 to put 500 words on cbs digital's scout.com about the fantasy football prospects of the jacksonville jaguars

Gonna go hang out with prisco now

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Ya boy just got offered $150 to put 500 words on cbs digital's scout.com about the fantasy football prospects of the jacksonville jaguars

Awesome.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Please just write 500 words about Marquis Lee.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort Marquise Lee bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort bort.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
smdh it's Marqise, obviously

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

235 to Lenny 4nets, 235 to Marqise and 10 each to Bort and the Allens

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Rad.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
So at #14 in this dynasty league I'm thinking Amari Cooper

I told myself not to overvalue youth but THAT YOUTH

Here's how round 1 went:
1.1 DJ
1.2 Zeke
1.3 Le'Veon Bell
1.4 Devonta Freeman
1.5 Antonio Brown
1.6 ODB (at number SIX)
1.7 Landon Collins
1.8 AJ Green
1.9 Julio Jones
1.10 LeSean McCoy (lmao)
1.11 Mike Evans
1.12 Dez Bryant
1.13 Tyreek Hill (league counts return yardage but uhhh still)
1.14 ?

Was banking on some real bad round 1 picks which is paying off like a motherfucker.

Pancakes by Mail fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 1, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Am I a total clown to even consider drafting Amari Cooper over Antonio Brown in a keeper league?

I told myself not to overvalue youth but THAT YOUTH

Yes. Antonio Brown is only (just turning) 29, and Amari Cooper is splitting fantasy points with Crabtree, despite being nominally the #1 WR on the team.

If you want a younger player, take Odell Beckham Jr. (age 24).

Or Julio Jones is also 28.

e. OK you edited your post. But uh, Antonio Brown is already gone, dude. I don't like Cooper in round 1, even in dynasty.

e2. Jordy Nelson is 32, but I'd still take him there over Cooper. Maybe T.Y. Hilton too (age 27).

Oh if it's snake I guess maybe take Jordy and Cooper? Who are you thinking for your #1 RB?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 1, 2017

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Leperflesh posted:

Yes. Antonio Brown is only (just turning) 29, and Amari Cooper is splitting fantasy points with Crabtree, despite being nominally the #1 WR on the team.

e. OK you edited your post. But uh, Antonio Brown is already gone, dude. I don't like Cooper in round 1, even in dynasty.

e2. Jordy Nelson is 32, but I'd still take him there over Cooper. Maybe T.Y. Hilton too (age 27).

Oh if it's snake I guess maybe take Jordy and Cooper? Who are you thinking for your #1 RB?

Yeah sorry about that, somehow I'd missed AB going at #5 (it's a slow draft, I miss emails).

#1 RB out of who's left, hoping for Gurley or Melvin Gordon. First time doing IDP too so I'm still a babe in the woods at figuring out when to draft for 3 additional positions of need. My next pick is #28 (traded picks) so we'll see who's left. Cooper is in most any top 10-15 dynasty rankings I can find, whereas a lot of people have Nelson down into the 30s. He's definitely a proven elite WR, but 32 is old as hell for a non-QB, no?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Yeah sorry about that, somehow I'd missed AB going at #5 (it's a slow draft, I miss emails).

#1 RB out of who's left, hoping for Gurley or Melvin Gordon. First time doing IDP too so I'm still a babe in the woods at figuring out when to draft for 3 additional positions of need. My next pick is #28 so we'll see who's left.

Oh god it's not snake?

I'd quit that league, gently caress that. You're last in every round of the draft? Who came up with that idiotic idea. Especially for dynasty, you're stuck with your bottom-tier picks forever.

e. Wait are you the guy from a couple pages back who traded away his #1 for more picks? If so then ignore the above but also don't draft gurley

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Jordy over Cooper in dynasty is madness and really bad advice. Cooper vs Brown vs Julio is about as even as it gets, and comes down to personal preference. When in doubt, check fantasy pros consensus to see if you're in the right ballpark. Cooper is easily a 1st round start up pick: definitely behind Beckham and Evans, and probably behind DJ, Zeke, and Bell. I'd personally take him over Bell, though, and before Brown and Julio. He literally just turned 23 and has topped 1k yards both seasons. Worrying about Crabtree? Come on now.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Oh god it's not snake?

I'd quit that league, gently caress that. You're last in every round of the draft? Who came up with that idiotic idea. Especially for dynasty, you're stuck with your bottom-tier picks forever.

e. Wait are you the guy from a couple pages back who traded away his #1 for more picks? If so then ignore the above but also don't draft gurley

Dude sorry I keep forcing edits with my terrible strategy of writing a post, thinking about it more and then adding incredibly relevant info.
Yeah I'm the guy who traded 1.1 for 1.14, 3.14 and 5.14.
God I hope no one has ever drafted with a non-snake, sounds completely horrible (as you pointed out).

No Gurley? I did get majorly burned with him last year in a redraft league. I'm trying not to lean too heavily on rankings but for dynasty RB, here's for example FantasyPros top 15:
1 Ezekiel Elliott DAL
2 David Johnson ARI
3 Le'Veon Bell PIT
4 Melvin Gordon LAC
5 Devonta Freeman ATL
6 Todd Gurley LAR 8
7 Leonard Fournette JAC
8 Jordan Howard CHI
9 Christian McCaffrey CAR
10 Joe Mixon CIN
11 Jay Ajayi MIA
12 LeSean McCoy BUF
13 Dalvin Cook MIN
14 Lamar Miller HOU
15 Carlos Hyde SF

So just using this as a rough framework, I'm genuinely feeling not great about many of these picks. Lamar Miller of course is the perennial "no really, for sure this time". McCaffrey and Fournette are rookies and Fournette, for example, will surely get a lot of touches but Bortles isn't exactly going to be stretching the field for him, plus he's yet to take an NFL snap and who knows how well he transitions? RB is what I end up hating my roster of every year, though, so I accept that I'm not a great evaluator of them in general.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Spoeank posted:

Nice. Make sure to tell people that the only Jaguars worth their price in redraft are probably Allen Hurns and the defense.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amari. Cooper. Duh. Look, it isn't very close here. You're not choosing between youth and production, you're choosing youth + production. Coop's on an AJ Green-like career trajectory and is 23. No you shouldn't draft any of those RBs over him.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 1, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

Nice. Make sure to tell people that the only Jaguars worth their price in redraft are probably Allen Hurns and the defense.

Idk man, Allen Hurns was seen as a value pick last season around draft time, but i think he's currently on my do not draft list unless it's significant value. Lingering hamstring issues and Marqise Lee actually showing something last year has me worried this season.

Probably just stay away from Jaguars imo.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Hurns is basically free in drafts is the only reason I'm tempted. He's still one year removed from a 1,000-yard season with 10 TDs. Even has 19 scores in his first 42 games through three seasons. Expectations are low and I think he's a decent bet to exceed them by a healthy margin.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Some bad picks so far. Cooper is a no brainer pick in that spot. With your next two picks, don't convince yourself you have to go running back. Wide receivers have a longer shelf life and guys like TY Hilton, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson or Michael Thomas are all better value than most of the running backs that will be available.

I don't believe in Melvin Gordon. I think Ajayi, Fournette or Howard would be nice RBs in the second, but I would take all of the receivers listed above before them in a heartbeat.

If you're the same dude from before, I'd also consider Mack there over an RB, although I would hope he slips to the third. I suspect mist people are going to try filling their offensive slots first, so trying to get top tier IDP players in the fifth and beyond should be a viable strategy.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette. Draft Leonard Fournette.

You're welcome. I'll take my share in Awfulbux.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Congrats! You deserve it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What the gently caress silly burrito did you hack me and steal my piece

• Locked thread