Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tae posted:

Who the gently caress is in the all-star game for the East? Butler, George are gone.

Arron Gordon and kentavius Caldwell pope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Tae posted:

Who the gently caress is in the all-star game for the East? Butler, George are gone.

dion waiters nba all-star

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Beverly and Lou Will are better than Dipo, Buddy might be (played better after the trade for sure), and Lavine played like he was for half a season. Still ridiculously bad returns

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Aigne has so many assets he could have got all three.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/880968825331691520

we shook

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

NO PICKS!?!?!?! MOTHER FUCKER!!!!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lance Stephenson: NBA All Star

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tae posted:

lin and mozgov

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Matthew Dellavedova: NBA All Star

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

NO PICKS!?!?!?! MOTHER FUCKER!!!!

Told you if that extension was out you wouldn't be getting poo poo and you should have prayed harder. Become one with the lord

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Just making sure my facts are straight:

The Thunder traded away two young players for a rental of a worse version of Kevin Durant?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Cool Buff Man posted:

Are you completely loving blind to everything else he's done

Offering Hayward a max does nothing to endanger their future and gives them a slightly better chance to beat the Cavs given some injury luck

That's stupid because everything leaking was that Hayward and George were essentially a package deal.

If Boston doesn't add another star the appeal of the Celtics vs. the Jazz seems vastly diminished? Even the Heat were talking about pairing up Hayward with Blake/PG

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Considering they didn't give up any picks this isn't even that bad if (lol) George leaves OKC next offseason

Mama mia, Western Conference is gonna be insane

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Ramadu posted:

lin and mozgov

Lin fans were right all along about his all star potential

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/880969534181699584

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kris Dunn, Buddy Hield, and Victor Oladpipo should quit the NBA and run a ponzi scheme. Clearly they have a way with billionaires

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tae posted:

The entire Philadelphia Seventy Sixers starting line up

TEAM OF DESTINY BOOK IT

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Dejan Bimble posted:

Griffin is making 43.5m per year and the cap isn't rising

Isn't the report 170/5? That's 34 per.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol PG will be gone after a year tho especially because he aint makin all nba out west and also because OKC sucks rear end

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lmao I can't believe Presti bailed himself out of Olodipo's lovely rear end contract and all it took was Sabonas

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Adun posted:

That's stupid because everything leaking was that Hayward and George were essentially a package deal.

If Boston doesn't add another star the appeal of the Celtics vs. the Jazz seems vastly diminished? Even the Heat were talking about pairing up Hayward with Blake/PG

I don't really care what was "leaked" and you shouldn't either, the only thing that matters is what happens, and if Hayward signing depends on the Celtics adding another star then he goes back to Utah and not much changes, it's not like the east got stronger

I'm saying it's clear Ainge doesn't feel the need to try to scramble to compete right now which is fine by me, none of these teams are anywhere close to the Warriors still

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Tae posted:

Myles Turner's time to shine

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
yes yes, the 4X all-star traded for a few youngsters, what about the hot z-bo news???

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So next year George, Westbrook, and Lebron are all going to the Lakers right?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

Every single decision Danny Ainge has made so far this offseason points to him kicking the can down the road and everyone's surprised about this because

I get what you are saying that the cost for George was so low that Boston could have easily beaten it while barely giving up anything and keeping so many of the assets Ainge loves.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Russ+PG will be fun and this squad of Myles+Lance+Dipo is going to be a fun trainwreck.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/jadubin5/status/880970473001058305

Lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ainge not trading for George was the smart move and even though the Thunder gave up literal garbage for him I don't think the Celts were ever in a similar position. I'm still cool with laughing at Boston, however.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
the more I think about it the more this is just Russ and PG getting some runs in before going off to LA together

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

No Eastern playoff team has improved so far and 2 have collapsed. Two more are at risk of losing their best player. Two are stuck in traction barring a robbery trade. The Bucks are the sole team likely to improve simply as a function of time. It was already arguably the worst conference ever last year. Fuuuuuuck

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Un-loving-real

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

I get what you are saying that the cost for George was so low that Boston could have easily beaten it while barely giving up anything and keeping so many of the assets Ainge loves.

We enter the realm of conjecture when we're talking about what offers were on the table and I have no trouble believing that other teams ask the Celtics for more than they ask from other teams, but I have nothing to prove it so we'll just have to disagree

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

the more I think about it the more this is just Russ and PG getting some runs in before going off to LA together

Which LA though?

I'm guessing the one that didn't just pay Vanuatu's GDP for Blake Griffin

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Pritchard probably got lovely at Ainge and just said gently caress it

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I didn't realize Dipo's contract was so bad

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

michael jordan just sitting on his hands smdh

COULDA BEEN A GOD IN CHARLOTTE PG

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

shirts and skins posted:

Just making sure my facts are straight:

The Thunder traded away two young players for a rental of a worse version of Kevin Durant?

Victor Oladipo sucks and gets paid $20 million a year. If Paul George leaves the Thunder still win this trade

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Jota posted:

The cost for George, Butler and Paul were so low Ainge could have got all three! All three!

Celtics could be starting Horford, George, Butler, Paul and Bradley.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Cool Buff Man posted:

I don't really care what was "leaked" and you shouldn't either, the only thing that matters is what happens, and if Hayward signing depends on the Celtics adding another star then he goes back to Utah and not much changes, it's not like the east got stronger

I'm saying it's clear Ainge doesn't feel the need to try to scramble to compete right now which is fine by me

A lot of smart GM's are 'scrambling' to compete now (Rockets, Spurs, Thunder, Cavs) because it's their job and the goal of every franchise to win a championship.

The Celtics were just in the Eastern Conference Finals and could've added two All-Stars to their team. Like we 100% know they could've given the poo poo sandwich that teams have received for Butler/PG and the fact that it would be a lot more likely to sign Hayward.

You guys aren't the loving Process Sixers. I honestly can't believe Celtics fans aren't incredibly disappointed with how Ainge has done this off-season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Yeah that's a complete win for OKC, Oladipo is loving garbage and his dribbling is painful to watch

• Locked thread