Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Well yeah if you want the low hanging fruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

this, too. the state party has been running an ad on facebook for fundraising that is... cause for concern. Imma see if I can find it.

found it. this is what i have to deal with:

since i've taken this chair, i've started smoking again. that's apropos of something, i guess.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, i woulda figured putting forth candidates who can excite voters and inspire them to gtfo and vote would be what does it, but the gently caress do i know, right?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
establishment dems are using the rent money to prop up their gambling losses in trying to test out their special trademarked martingale secret system, and i'm over here like "gently caress, y'all, let's just cut our losses and focus on voter outreach. i mean, fukkin' knock every door gives out free training for that poo poo.

but, no, baddems want us to think about selling plasma because *this* time it'll work, they promise.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

GHF, someone posted this about her local dem club; I think it might have been in TN:

quote:

I spent Monday evening trying to get a handful of old women to relinquish a tiny modicum of control to someone else who volunteered his time and effort to build them a facebook page and an interactive website. It was an excruciating experience. They complain about needing young people, but won’t do anything that reaches out to them or make any effort to accommodate their busy lives. It’s insane. The woman in charge, who has a stranglehold on everything in this particular Dem club, doesn’t want Facebook because a. she doesn’t want anyone saying anything bad about republicans, you can’t even mention republicans at all and b. she doesn’t want to have to deal with mean people and c. doesn’t want anyone who has ever made a grammatical error to be able to post at all.

If I had the energy I could go on for hours about some of the things that really bother me about what they do and how they do it, but I’m too weak right now and we’d be here all night. There are the “Pro-Life Democrat” buttons I’m forced to wear when representing the club in public. There’s the fans we’ll be handing out at the county fair that have a depressed, saggy-eared donkey with the words “Pray for us” printed on them, or how they refused to hold any meetings at any time other than the same monthly meetings (for only 6 months, three in spring and three in fall) of the year to accommodate the schedules of young mothers who want to be involved but can’t make a Thursday night at 6pm in the basement of an old church. We won’t be registering voters at the county fair because “we’ve never gotten much out of it in the past” and we won’t be offering up the petitions to fight against the right to work law that some of us trained to do because the boss lady thinks she’s the only one who should be allowed to do that. I’ll be sitting in that damned booth in the July heat during the hottest part of the day on a Saturday. I’m taking my damned petitions whether she likes it or not.

This particular club is thinking of giving up and calling it quits. I’m goading them to change, but I don’t have much hope. And given the nature of those in charge of this particular club, I’m beginning to think it might be a good idea for them to fold, then round up those young folks they’re excluding and start over with fresh faces and ideas. These people are the party’s worst enemy right now. Yes, the state party gave them no help through the last few cycles, but they haven’t exactly helped themselves, either. The whole thing is a clusterfuck of enormous proportions. No wonder we lost every state office last cycle. Pray for us, indeed.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The dk thread from which that post came was p. enlightening: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/6/28/1676085/-Many-of-You-Were-Right-My-Thoughts-on-Being-a-Volunteer-With-the-Democratic-Party

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when it's 2017 and the democrats insist on catering to pro-lifers

e: sorry i'm dumb

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 03:45 on Jul 1, 2017

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Do you like American music?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Not a Step posted:

SGBFPs? You need to include some vowel countries in there. Ireland and Austria gets you FIGBAPS, which just rolls off the tongue.

And lol if you don't think people wouldn't flee shitshows like Kansas by the tens of thousands right now if they had the money and support to do so

E: PIGBAFS

iberia france uk

i fuk

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I like American music.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gonna start handing out probation for unspoilered unmarked seizure gifs soon

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:sigh: still reading through it, and i'm not sure what i can do in what little capacity i actually hold. but i guess it's nice to know i'm not alone in this.

Thoguh posted:

Do you like American music?

we like all kinds of music

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Willa Rogers posted:

GHF, someone posted this about her local dem club; I think it might have been in TN:

Lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

we like all kinds of music

But what do you like best?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

These people are the party’s worst enemy right now. Yes, the state party gave them no help through the last few cycles, but they haven’t exactly helped themselves, either.

imagine giving these people money. imagine what they'd spend it on. probably more "pro-life democrat" buttons

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

Why aren't these people Republicans?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

logikv9 posted:

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

More of a Kenny Loggins guy myself.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

But what do you like best?

while i may have been born too late, and others may have been born too soon, i'd have to say violent femmes.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/bax_books/status/880837881727664128

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

lmao at this person feeling vindicated by blatant bullshit bait

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
guys bill clinton is running for mayor of nyc

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone care to remind me who was the shithead itt who toxxed saying chelsea wouldn't run?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/OpposingViews/status/877345332069191680

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
oh my god they are going to lady ghostbusters chelsea clinton - put out a transparent piece of poo poo, whip up a false narrative of sexist animus to commodify femininity, and then hope that people see a lovely rear end poo poo poo poo movie

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
concerned citizen

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

crease my apricot

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
@SenSanders is being investigated for bank fraud. Is it really antisemitism if he's not religious?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

anyone care to remind me who was the shithead itt who toxxed saying chelsea wouldn't run?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
thats a good picture of Chelsea

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Yes I do.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she's totally not running, y'all

[magazine covers galore]

i mean, why would she run?

[sets up superpac]

that's ridiculous, she's a mother and she's got her charity work keeping her busy as it is

[announces candidacy]

okay, so i thought she wasn't running -- but that's not important, the thing is you *have* to support her.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
chelsea clinton is going to primary gillibrand

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as a reminder: fuckin spinach pancakes

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/OpposingViews/status/875895775493931012

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like, why didn't that bullshit get her rear end laughed out of twitter for that culinary crime against humanity?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

while i may have been born too late, and others may have been born too soon, i'd have to say violent femmes.

Checks out.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

like, why didn't that bullshit get her rear end laughed out of twitter for that culinary crime against humanity?

I went through a cooking phase where I put everything in a skillet and called it a pancake, but I'm not famous so nobody but me and the long suffering girlfriend who had to pretend it wasn't awful ever knew

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

she's totally not running, y'all

[magazine covers galore]

i mean, why would she run?

[sets up superpac]

that's ridiculous, she's a mother and she's got her charity work keeping her busy as it is

[announces candidacy]

okay, so i thought she wasn't running -- but that's not important, the thing is you *have* to support her.

she persisted, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/880879587626029066

oh yeah, because in order to have the experience to do actual crimes against humanity, you gotta start with the smaller stuff and then step up.

Squizzle posted:

she persisted, imo

the clintons persistently aggravate my ulcers.

• Locked thread