Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/880976865778966528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Life is good

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Cool Buff Man posted:

He won a championship already by pulling off a similar trade, knew when to blow up that team and make the best trade in league history to blow that up, got Isaiah Thomas for nothing and Crowder for Rondo and got to the ECF while keeping all of the picks

Why are you so impatient, I'm fairly okay with letting him do his thing

I find it really strange that people are making GBS threads on Ainge for not renting PG for a year

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sure they did

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Metapod posted:

I know kanter isn't valuable but the fact his contract wasn't used is blowing my mind

I'd rather have Kanter for 20 than Dipo for 20, neither wins you many games but Kanter doesn't have 4 more years.

Funny way to spell Giannis Antetokoumpo but it is pretty hard to spell tbf, there are multiple romanizations even

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

That cannot be real, holy poo poo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Is that at the trade deadline? They were still trying to keep him so that doesn't surprise me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sure

Of course

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Whee Ainge making other GMs mad by bus tossing them after they don't trade with him.

And he wonders why he always gets shut down...

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

warcrimes posted:

I find it really strange that people are making GBS threads on Ainge for not renting PG for a year

It's like two weeks removed from everyone saying "Why would anyone try to win in the next 5 years, the Warriors are so much better than everyone else, this is stupid" so nobody can make up their minds

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:stare:
Should I laugh more at Indiana for turning that trade down or Boston for sucking that much at trades?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Time posted:

Trading picks to rent Paul George would be stupid as hell. If he was willing to sign an extension, sure. As is,it's incredibly short sighted and CBM is right.

The Fultz thing was dumb tho, imo and the constant leaks etc are annoying as hell. He's still a good GM and if we didn't have gamer morey I would be very jealous

The math really doesn't back that it's very short-sighted. Paul George is an All-Star. The probability of getting a star in the top 5 of the draft is probably ~65%. So given the probability of that pick actually landing in the top 5 I'd say at WORST it's a push, assuming that PG resigning is a coinflip

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Yeah well my Dad works at Nintendo and he told me

uhh, he let me see the Gamecube a year before it came out and uh

There's a cheat code to make Chun Li naked so THERE

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Danny Ainge owns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

:stare:
Should I laugh more at Indiana for turning that trade down or Boston for sucking that much at trades?

We have no idea what the protections were if the offer was real

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tales of Woe posted:

Danny Ainge owns

Yea

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Boosh! posted:

That cannot be real, holy poo poo.

*danny ainge climbs to the top of the Prudential Building*
"WE TRIIIIIIIIIED"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

*danny ainge climbs to the top of the Prudential Building*
"WE TRIIIIIIIIIED"

Lol

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

Oh man if Embiid stays healthy (I know, I know, I KNOW) that team legit might make the loving ECF.

I'm a big Sixers homer and all, and thought they'd compete for a playoff spot BEFORE the talent drain to the west, but let's not be hasty.

Cleveland, Boston, Washington, and Milwaukee are clearly ahead of them. Probably Toronto too, even if they lose Lowry.

They're still in that barely scraping into the playoffs tier this year (starting 2 rookies) with Charlotte, Miami, and Atlanta

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

So actually Chicago has gotten the best haul for their traded superstar?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fultz and Simmons are going to be disasters this year

Temper expectations

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

warcrimes posted:

I find it really strange that NBA fans overvalue potential production for known production.

I mean it makes sense for GMs, it keeps them employed

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

warcrimes posted:

Why? Planning for years down the road is fine and all, but you never know what is going to happen in a NBA season, giving up before the season starts is pretty dumb. Boston has decided not to compete with the Cavs next season, but they'll feel pretty dumb if Lebron or Kyrie blow out their knee during the season. They shouldn't give up huge value for what may be a rental, but it doesn't look like the price was high.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

We have no idea what the protections were if the offer was real

listen euphronius I need to laugh at something

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Having a chuckle at Pritchard saying "There are deals where we take current all-stars and future all-stars" like a week ago

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Its either gonna be a loving masterstroke or George and Westbrook leave for LA next year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

No way this is real. Bulls said Boston would not trade the Brooklyn pick without protections and Butler was the more valuable asset at the time.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

aBagorn posted:

I'm a big Sixers homer and all, and thought they'd compete for a playoff spot BEFORE the talent drain to the west, but let's not be hasty.

Cleveland, Boston, Washington, and Milwaukee are clearly ahead of them. Probably Toronto too, even if they lose Lowry.

They're still in that barely scraping into the playoffs tier this year (starting 2 rookies) with Charlotte, Miami, and Atlanta

I mean, I guess, and really I'm just being irrationally exuberant and laughing at the East

But god drat the East is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dexo posted:

Whee Ainge making other GMs mad by bus tossing them after they don't trade with him.

And he wonders why he always gets shut down...

Yeah, and apparently all the other GMs hate trying to make deals with him because he's always trying to fleece them/pull off another Brooklyn trade.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Paul George will spend the year convincing westbrook to go to LA.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/SeanCunningham/status/880951354990014468

:lol: if Rudy resigns here for some reason

Rudy: Welcome to basketball hell
Rudy: I love it here I want to be back

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Russ and PG are gonna bond and reminisce about their childhoods in southern California and the decision will be made one month into the season

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Does Rubio getting traded even rate high today? Good gravy, this offseason is crazy.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Paul George will spend the year convincing westbrook to go to LA.

Their road trip to play @LAL is gonna be like those North Korean Olympic teams that defect en masse as soon as they're in Brazil or wherever

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/william_lou/status/880974663119196160

😬

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/880970968990179330

What is this

WHAT IS THIS

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

For those saying it'd be short sighted for Boston to trade for George, they have a ton of picks. They can give up one of them and still be loaded for the future. They are owed first rounders from 4 other teams.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it's melo isn't it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sign Rudy Gay. Roll out the hybrid forwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/880970769395855361

I would not hate that