Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

skylined! posted:

this is actually kinda in line with the way he behaved as an intel officer

I'm confused why this dude did a blog post about this and if he would testify/testimony would be useful

kind of in shock

There's was numerous Russian assassinations in England that England then covered up. So if I was in this position I'd be laying it all out there in the public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

HPanda posted:

Oregon's history is pretty racist, but about on par with the rest of the country.

Absolutely, white supremacy has been the law of the land as long as we've been a nation. Oregon, and the rest of the non southern states aren't immune to that history.

Glowing-fish, I can see you sent a PM, but when trying to read it I'm getting network errors. I am currently phone posting from happy hour with my wife and a dying battery, I'll hit you up at some point tonight.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

OddObserver posted:

Curious about that company established to "avoid campaign reporting".

Not even just as a hint hint nudge nudge way either, explicitly set up to avoid campaign reporting requirements. Also the attempt to get him under a NDA after all the back and forth is sketchy as hell.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I find it amusing that Allie Brosh's little joke, invented 8 years ago, probably during a boring winter night in Hamilton, Montana, is now being used by someone in the middle of international cyberespionage.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chilichimp posted:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Seth Rich really was murdered, but by Trumps campaign, because they tried to flip him to get them e-mail and he refused?

Why the gently caress not? Gotta top nixon somehow right?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

wait holy poo poo

So does this mean Bannon can be charged with something? These stories are getting so big and implicating so many people I can't keep track of what this means for who.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Makes you wonder what Mueller has if they've been this bad about covering their tracks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Comstar posted:

So does this mean Bannon can be charged with something? These stories are getting so big and implicating so many people I can't keep track of what this means for who.

No. This suggests a lot of the team may have been aware or even orchestrating weird dealings with shady internet (Russian?) figures. But not definitively, and things were probably set up in a plausibly deniable way (if things were as dirty as this account suggests they may have been). But maybe there's more of a trail, maybe someone flips.

e:I don't actually know what offenses they could be charged with if these suspicions are true.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

so when's our turn to hold rallies chanting 'lock him up' over and over?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone getting real worried about Trump's meeting with Putin after having all this come out?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Mustached Demon posted:

Anything east of the Cascades in Oregon is a deep red hell scape.

Anything 100 miles inland in the United States is basically a deep red hellscape. Unless it's a large city.

It's almost as if having to live with different people makes you way more tolerant or something.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Office Pig posted:

Anyone getting real worried about Trump's meeting with Putin after having all this come out?

Being completely honest, I don't know if he's even going to go.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Maybe Putin guts him for being such a poo poo captain of the SS Leaky.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

EwokEntourage posted:

Makes you wonder what Mueller has if they've been this bad about covering their tracks

I'm guessing this guy has was interviewed by Comey before March. And I am also guessing he knows more than he can say in this article.

Amazed that something like this is on the backburner, while the twitter feud is still on the front page.

Rinkles posted:

No. This suggests a lot of the team may have been aware or even orchestrating weird dealings with shady internet (Russian?) figures. But not definitively, and things were probably set up in a plausibly deniable way (if things were as dirty as this account suggests they may have been). But maybe there's more of a trail, maybe someone flips.

e:I don't actually know what offenses they could be charged with if these suspicions are true.

Remember that one of Mueller's team is Michael Dreeben, "the best criminal appellate lawyer in America". The crime might be hard to understand for laymen, but the best prosecutors in the United States are working on this.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

FlamingLiberal posted:

All of this stuff makes the whole Roger Stone admission of being in contact with Guccifer 2.0 all the more interesting.

Yeah, I don't get it. He says he knew that Gucci was the Russians, and after Roger Stone said he had a backchannel with Gucci, shouldn't this whole thing have been obvious to him?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Office Pig posted:

he will leak or do something insane/dumb and it will explode bigger.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

I can't get around the WSJ paywall, can anyone tell me how or post the Article?
Use Incognito mode.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Everyone I know that's actually from DC (and not just the rich white parts) has told me this about Seth Rich:

"Do you know where he was shot? A white dude probably gets shot there every weekend"

I like the conspiracy theory that he planted a bug for the russians and they whacked him to cover it up. Which is like 45% plausible with how crazy things are.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Serfer posted:

Yeah, I don't get it. He says he knew that Gucci was the Russians, and after Roger Stone said he had a backchannel with Gucci, shouldn't this whole thing have been obvious to him?

He was probably scared as hell at that point and didn't want to say too much/too little. But as a computer nerd he still also wanted to see the emails.

Something about the Trump people always makes me picture them in a panic though. I wonder if the Russians are loving with them too.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
The lawfare post is fascinating and I'd like to see where we go from here. I'd love to seem ore break on this aspect of things, WaPo and NYT you're up.

Also Washington state argues with Mississippi over what body of water the Electoral Integrity Commission should jump in.

https://twitter.com/GovInslee/status/880984065309982720

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Chilichimp posted:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Seth Rich really was murdered, but by Trumps campaign, because they tried to flip him to get them e-mail and he refused?

How is this the conspiracy theory and not the fact that Smith died shortly after talking with the WSJ

I mean, I can't believe trump had anything to do with it, but it makes more sense than Trump killing Seth Rich (or anyone trying to assaniate him)

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Spite posted:

He was probably scared as hell at that point and didn't want to say too much/too little. But as a computer nerd he still also wanted to see the emails.

Something about the Trump people always makes me picture them in a panic though. I wonder if the Russians are loving with them too.

To me it seems fascinating. You have hundreds tens of White House staffers slowly shuffling into the building, most of them have finished their coffee but it hasn't hit the bloodstream yet. Then a noise permeates the air, it's Twitter informing them that their boss has shat in his big boy pants yet again, and what follows is like that bit from the Simpsons where Homer's left out of the thank you card for the chocolate box he gave Mr Burns and you hear one collective loud "gently caress" and Mike Pence peeks out the window of his office and remarks about how loud that profanity was.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Office Pig posted:

I would never stop laughing if he defected in the middle of the G-20

That would be one hell of a constitutional crisis for the 15 minutes until he gets impeached

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

EwokEntourage posted:

He probably watches the piss tape every morning to pump himself up before spending all day working on a case so air tight he could use it as a space suit.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

I would never stop laughing if he defecated in the middle of the G-20

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Glumslinger posted:

I would never stop laughing if he defected in the middle of the G-20

That would be one hell of a constitutional crisis for the 15 minutes until he gets impeached

Trump never defected. I am defected, and no one did anything. Why don't they arrest Obama? Because they're corrupt. And besides, there's nothing illegal about defecting. Even if Trump defected, which he didn't it would be fine. I'd like to announce that today, Trump defected, he will be signing all future bills from the Kremlin. Need I remind you Russia helped us win the war to end all wars?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm just going to come out and say it. I loving loathe Russia. The more I learn about this the more disgusted and angry I get

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The Glumslinger posted:

How is this the conspiracy theory and not the fact that Smith died shortly after talking with the WSJ

I mean, I can't believe trump had anything to do with it, but it makes more sense than Trump killing Seth Rich (or anyone trying to assaniate him)

I agree (10 days). But it'd be tasteless for us to dwell on. I trust someone in the investigation will handle it appropriately.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Boon posted:

I'm just going to come out and say it. I loving loathe Russia. The more I learn about this the more disgusted and angry I get

Do you hang out in the OSHA.jpg thread in GBS? Half the posts are Russia.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

Because it was a loving joke drawing on the irony of the right wing keeping Seth Rich conspiracies alive.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Do you hang out in the OSHA.jpg thread in GBS? Half the posts are Russia.

Russia is all the bad poo poo about Trumpism dialed to 11. The oligarchs own everything, effectively a dictatorship, brutal homophobia, church used as a propaganda tool, nationalism/racism, denial of HIV leading to an HIV/AIDS epidemic. But the military still runs! Sort of! Well, at least the nukes are pretty threatening.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Edit: nope I was wrong

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Pellisworth posted:

Russia is all the bad poo poo about Trumpism dialed to 11. The oligarchs own everything, effectively a dictatorship, brutal homophobia, church used as a propaganda tool, nationalism/racism, denial of HIV leading to an HIV/AIDS epidemic. But the military still runs! Sort of! Well, at least the nukes are pretty threatening.

Important bits you didn't explicitly mention: their lack of independent judiciary, law enforcement and (generally) local self-government. You wouldn't find Russian courts blocking their government's blatant disregard for rights explicitly guaranteed by Russian constitution. If Putin says to his top cop to lay off a certain investigation, that investigation will be stopped. If Moscow remembers regions exist, and needs something from them they'll follow orders and not tell the Moscow official to go jump into lake Baikal.

Basically, Putin runs the country the way Trump wishes he could.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Mueller is still not done hiring

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/880989116015443968

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Collusion, espionage, etc. etc. or not, it's still insane to me that they never really produced anything that damaging for all their efforts.

I think the worst thing I remember seeing in all the hacked emails was that Clinton got a debate question early, and some DNC staffer had an awful idea about a Bernie ad... which was never used.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Office Pig posted:

I was wondering if there was some other stuff I missed given the constant flood of insanity.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/29/trump-putin-raises-worries-240124

(probably already posted and if so, apologies)

Looks like Trump is going into the meeting with absolutely no clue what he's doing. (shocking) But luckily Henry Kissinger met up with Putin the other day to discuss optimal ways to commit crimes or something.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Sometimes I really wonder where the Muller investigation will go. It's incredibly leak free, has no real partisan loyalty and It can go anywhere.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Trump never defected. I am defected, and no one did anything. Why don't they arrest Obama? Because they're corrupt. And besides, there's nothing illegal about defecting. Even if Trump defected, which he didn't it would be fine. I'd like to announce that today, Trump defected, he will be signing all future bills from the Kremlin. Need I remind you Russia helped us win the war to end all wars?

Spicer voice: It's funny you mention that but you refuse to cover the fact that former President Obama slept on a bed that had been urinated on by Russian prostitutes.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

NikkolasKing posted:

I was wondering if there was some other stuff I missed given the constant flood of insanity.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/29/trump-putin-raises-worries-240124

(probably already posted and if so, apologies)

Looks like Trump is going into the meeting with absolutely no clue what he's doing. (shocking) But luckily Henry Kissinger met up with Putin the other day to discuss optimal ways to commit crimes or something.

Oh man, if Kissinger, Kush, and Trump all somehow go to jail, I might never stop jizzing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

EatinCake posted:

Collusion, espionage, etc. etc. or not, it's still insane to me that they never really produced anything that damaging for all their efforts.

I think the worst thing I remember seeing in all the hacked emails was that Clinton got a debate question early, and some DNC staffer had an awful idea about a Bernie ad... which was never used.

That is true, if we're just looking at the emails. We don't have evidence like what the WSJ just showed us on the bots/hacking into parts of the election system itself yet.

• Locked thread