Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard posted:

He's made a few bad calls (attending a DNC fundraiser instead of the Women's March, endorsing someone who turned out to be pretty bad for some Democratic Party position in Florida, not being named Buttigieg) but his Good Dem / Bad Dem tally is still very very heavily balanced on the side of the angels.

(And lol if anyone actually turns against Randy Bryce for saying the words "america is already great".)

I'm the one who posted Randy's post and I just thought it was something funny to laugh at. I doubt anyone is fickle enough to dislike Randy over a FB post.

Also bip is concern trolling over Keith and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Not a Step posted:

I went through a cooking phase where I put everything in a skillet and called it a pancake, but I'm not famous so nobody but me and the long suffering girlfriend who had to pretend it wasn't awful ever knew

did you call eggs pancakes

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"I thought you Bernouts hated [insert whoever] :smug:"

Is the laziest troll in this great thread.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

what kind loser posts in the suck zone on a friday night :mmmhmm::mmmhmm::mmmhmm::mmmhmm::mmmhmm:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Frijolero posted:

"I thought you Bernouts hated [insert whoever] :smug:"

Is the laziest troll in this great thread.

this is the thread that routinely loses its poo poo over the twitter equivalent of "my uncle works at nintendo"

Serf
May 5, 2011

UHD posted:

this is the thread that routinely loses its poo poo over the twitter equivalent of "my uncle works at nintendo"

actually the trump thread is thataway

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
eternal vigilance is the price of something or another

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
anakin could have freed his mom from slavery if he had built a murderdroid instead of c3po

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

UHD posted:

no u binch

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

anakin could have freed his mom from slavery if he had built a murderdroid instead of c3po

There is no reason Qui-Gon couldnt have rescued Anakin's mom or gone back to save her after the battle of Naboo

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://twitter.com/OldHossRadbourn/status/881001876883484672

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

GHF, someone posted this about her local dem club; I think it might have been in TN:

What irks me most is the "never go after republicans thing"

The other stuff is understandable as typical old, territorial idiot antics, but what is with establishment dems being so completely terrified of going after republicans? There's always this undercurrent of apprehension of what The Right Wing Media will say about you if you say "actually taxes do good things", but actual refusal to acknowledge your ideological foes in any way, while they eviscerate you in public, might have something to do with the whole idea that the right is better at messaging.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Willa Rogers posted:

GHF, someone posted this about her local dem club; I think it might have been in TN:

Extremely sucks air through teeth noise

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i have this weird feeling that a random democratic county party in tennessee does not actually represent the establishment

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Not a Step posted:

There is no reason Qui-Gon couldnt have rescued Anakin's mom or gone back to save her after the battle of Naboo

The jedi are liberals and therefore cool with slavery just like Hillary.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

i have this weird feeling that a random democratic county party in tennessee does not actually represent the establishment

You don't believe that attitude is shared elsewhere?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

UHD posted:

- trump thread connoisseur, eric garland patreon sub

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tiler Kiwi posted:

You don't believe that attitude is shared elsewhere?

if anything i think the democrats exclusively go after republicans in lieu of developing a solid agenda to campaign on

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

if anything i think the democrats exclusively go after republicans in lieu of developing a solid agenda to campaign on

The problems dovetail. There are. Contingent of Dems that are diet Republicans who can only campaign on hey we're not those guys while being too buddy buddy with them

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

I see them go after Trump but they seem reluctant to go for republicans, in general. Tho when Hillary tried, she went indirectly via the deplorable thing, hosed it up, and then spent weeks backpeddling so uh hm.

tho tbf you are right that they do go after the Republicans are a sort of boogyman group, so they can try to get people to vote for them, without ever stating policy. But, in my defense, their attacks generally suck poo poo, in comparison to the right's ability to define what a Real American is via attacks on the loony left. because When They Go Low We Go High is actually dumb, and bad.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Not a Step posted:

other then he was dead?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tiler Kiwi posted:

because When They Go Low We Go High is actually dumb, and bad.

it is loving amazing that so many people want michelle obama to run for office between that astonishingly idiotic statement, her buddy-buddy love for W, and her extreme distaste for politics

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

it is loving amazing that so many people want michelle obama to run for office between that astonishingly idiotic statement, her buddy-buddy love for W, and her extreme distaste for politics

Remember when people were saying poo poo like after Hillary comes Michelle, then Chelsea, then Malia, then Sasha?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

SKULL.GIF posted:

her buddy-buddy love for W

Do tell.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

other then he was dead?

I will admit, the prequels are real fuzzy and I can't bring myself to even feel like a bad nerd over it. Fine. Obi-Wan could have saved her. Or the Jedi Council could have pretended to care about their newest ward. Or literally anyone could have said 'Hey, we're a fantastically wealthy interstellar Republic with semi-sentient robot laborers coming out of our rear end, maybe human/sentient slavery is, in fact, bad and we should trade one of our many, many droids for this enslaved human'

I'm real mad about Star Wars apparently.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
chelsea clinton is loving hot

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Remember when people were saying poo poo like after Hillary comes Michelle, then Chelsea, then Malia, then Sasha?

In America, any little girl can grow up to be president provided they come from one of two powerful and politically connected families. Political dynasties forever!

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's times like this that allow me to understand the rationale for political purges.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm more sad that we're gonna have 40+ years of Obama rearing his big dumb head and chiming in to say stupid poo poo like "Bernie undermined ACA."

God what an absolute pigheaded idiot

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Karl Barks posted:

what kind loser posts in the suck zone on a friday night :mmmhmm::mmmhmm::mmmhmm::mmmhmm::mmmhmm:

found one

wait, gently caress

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scent of Worf posted:

chelsea clinton is loving hot

ah oui, pampered daughter of multimillionaire family with access to world-class makeup, hairstylist, tailors, and dietitians manages to successfully attain the minimum of "attractive" traits and qualities to appear sexually desirable

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The problems dovetail. There are. Contingent of Dems that are diet Republicans who can only campaign on hey we're not those guys while being too buddy buddy with them

That is the weird thing. If the Democrats are going to use "we're not Republicans" as their rallying cry, wouldn't they want to be less like Republicans?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is the weird thing. If the Democrats are going to use "we're not Republicans" as their rallying cry, wouldn't they want to be less like Republicans?

assumption 1: being republican is electorally successful
assumption 2: being not-republican is electorally successful

conclusion: you want to be just not-republican enough that you win elections while drawing the maximum amount from each group. the more not-republican you are the less you appeal to republican voters

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Not a Step posted:

In America, any little girl can grow up to be president provided they come from one of two powerful and politically connected families. Political dynasties forever!

This is exactly why I wasn't too excited about Hillary being "the first woman president". It was basically just nepotism.

SKULL.GIF posted:

assumption 1: being republican is electorally successful
assumption 2: being not-republican is electorally successful

conclusion: you want to be just not-republican enough that you win elections while drawing the maximum amount from each group. the more not-republican you are the less you appeal to republican voters

:psyduck:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

why did no one inform this was now the good thread and the trump thread was the bad one

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Frijolero posted:

I'm the one who posted Randy's post and I just thought it was something funny to laugh at. I doubt anyone is fickle enough to dislike Randy over a FB post.

You and I both know this isn't true. (Although you're right, it is pretty funny.)

quote:

Also bip is concern trolling over Keith and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I actually think it's fine to acknowledge that even our heroes (and Keith is the closest I've got in modern American politics at the moment) are fallible from time to time.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Since the Republicans went all death-culty, there's this myth that there's this untapped "Republican But Not Insane" population that we can lure over to the D column without somehow alienating those whose principles aren't at home to anything even remotely conservative because, hey where else are they gonna go, huh? Huh? Huh?

IT MAY NOT HAVE WORKED THE LAST 3,278 TIMES WE TRIED IT BUT SURELY IT WILL WORK THIS TIME

(okay, back to bed)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

whooo!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

babypolis posted:

why did no one inform this was now the good thread and the trump thread was the bad one

I mean the Trump thread had people really into the idea of Bernie going to jail so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

babypolis posted:

there are no good threads

it's the content you put into them and, well

• Locked thread