Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't think the creator sets get the crushing demand that ideas sets do. The past few years I've been able to get their "summer expert vehicle" easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Have the ideas sets even been that crazy recently other than Saturn V? Seems like the rest of them were pretty easy to find.

Waltzing Along posted:

I am pretty sure it is Bloodborne.

Yeah it was supposed to be Bloodborne but either one works.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Early on the ecto-1 and exo-suit were pretty hard to get. But Lego did an enormous second run and after a few months every single lego store had 10+ chilling out on the shelves.

The delorean was similar.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wall E was hard to find because Lego took it off the market when they realized the head and neck were borked.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think the reason Ideas sets are more popular initially is that they tend to generate buzz around the internet, because it's usually some novel ip/build Lego hasn't done before. And the Exo suit just had a lot of useful parts and came with classic space guys.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
London Bus Designer Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-x8yvo0N4Y

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That swappable biscuit advert is fantastic

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$140 for the bus in the US. Hooray for CA 9% tax.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Strife posted:

Naw, looks fine to me! :stare:

After rebuilding four 2006-era Batman sets all I can say is f' Batman and all his black parts and the crappy lego instruction scans. That sucked the fun right out of it.

Wound up with four sets.
7779 Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit
7780 Batboat: Hunt for Killer Croc
7781 Batmobile: Two-Face Escape
7782 Batwing: Joker's Aerial Assault

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Every so often I will browse sets on brickset. I just found the Wright Plane and the Red Baron. Man...I missed out.

And that Lamborghini is pretty sweet. Also a couple of the adventurers cars are pretty cool.

What sets have you discovered that were pretty awesome?

And check this out:

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 1, 2017

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Every so often I will browse sets on brickset. I just found the Wright Plane and the Red Baron. Man...I missed out.

And that Lamborghini is pretty sweet. Also a couple of the adventurers cars are pretty cool.

What sets have you discovered that were pretty awesome?

And check this out:

I remember seeing this thing on clearance at Target and never snapping it up. I regret it now. Same with the Atlantis temple set.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How long since they did an adventure type set? It's been all super heroes and star wars for last few years. I guess the lego movie set was something, too. Perhaps this holiday season will have something cool come out again? A new space series?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I wish the city astronauts had stayed a bit longer. The volcano stuff and cops and robbers just don't work for me. Now that SV is coming I wish I had picked up some of the astronauts.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cops and Robbers?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waltzing Along posted:

Cops and Robbers?

Town stuff, especially police sets, generally have some kind of no-good badnik sneaking about in the set

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
By cops and robbers I ment that line with the swamp based bank robbers, the only fun set in that line is the hideout shack that looks like a Louisiana swamp meth lab. But it is play sets, so fair enough, kids like them.

I dug the deep sea exploration ones and regret not
Picking up the big ship when it was in sale. But the volcano stuff seems like faux science with all the crazy vehicles etc.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Hopper posted:

By cops and robbers I ment that line with the swamp based bank robbers, the only fun set in that line is the hideout shack that looks like a Louisiana swamp meth lab. But it is play sets, so fair enough, kids like them.

Not that I'd buy it but thought the swamp police theme looked fun. Hadn't thought about the meth lab angle but sure looks like one.

Only problem is that airboat is too nice, a methhead would have taken it apart by now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My biggest regret is never getting the 8880 Supercar. Though it doesn't really matter. Even if my parents had bought it for some reason, I eventually would have taken it apart, and it would have disappeared when my mom gave away all my lego. I'll get it some day.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

tomapot posted:

Not that I'd buy it but thought the swamp police theme looked fun. Hadn't thought about the meth lab angle but sure looks like one.

Only problem is that airboat is too nice, a methhead would have taken it apart by now.

Nah, the makers don't do their own product.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Double points this weekend. Also the 60s batcave is retiring soon and is on sale for 20% off. Too bad none of the new stuff is out yet.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Some Lego stores may have the canvas totes left from the June promotion (spend $200+ to get one free). I grabbed Assembly Square today to take advantage of double points, and got a tote.

They also had a deal where you could get either size PAB cup, and get a 32x32 tan baseplate for just $5.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm gonna grab the routemaster bus tomorrow from my local London store and see if they've got a bag. They're usually great with giving out exclusives like that when they've got leftovers.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pyroclastic posted:

Some Lego stores may have the canvas totes left from the June promotion (spend $200+ to get one free). I grabbed Assembly Square today to take advantage of double points, and got a tote.

They also had a deal where you could get either size PAB cup, and get a 32x32 tan baseplate for just $5.

Yeah, I went to pick up the modular bank for the double points and the cashier let me know I just had to spend another $20 to get a left over tote. So I ended up getting the republic tank as well. And I got my name on the list for the Wonder Woman giveaway later this month.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Double points this weekend. Also the 60s batcave is retiring soon and is on sale for 20% off. Too bad none of the new stuff is out yet.

As well as the SHIELD Helicarrier, the UCS TIE Fighter (75095), and the Palace Cinema modular.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Picked up a Bus! I got some side set I wasn't expecting, a 'driving licence' and double points! :toot:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This modded version of the Falcon is so cool. Want this so bad.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

This modded version of the Falcon is so cool. Want this so bad.

It's a good job, but the mandibles are still off. Too long and not wide enough. Only the UCS version has ever gotten that right.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It appears to be the same scale as the official one I think he just mostly smoothed it out and swapped parts.

Grabbed the TFA Falcon today. Snagged it brand new off Letgo for $75. Looks like I've also got a super sketchy Lego hook up if I want lol. He's got a car full of sets he's selling for %50-%60 off and told me to call him with any sets I want for super cheap. His "brother works for a toy distributor and he get's a really good deal" :v:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What does he have?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I may have been drunk and may have bought Palace Cinema and Assembly Square off Amazon last night.

I should have signed up for Lego Store VIP, right?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ultimate Mango posted:

I may have been drunk and may have bought Palace Cinema and Assembly Square off Amazon last night.

Unless they were 10 percent cheaper... yeah.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Cloks posted:

Unless they were 10 percent cheaper... yeah.

Faster shipping if you have prime. It’s a trade off even with double points if you’re buying online.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ultimate Mango posted:

Just cancel the order on Amazon. Sign up for Lego VIP and do it on their store. You will get a tote bag with the order.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

What does he have?

He had a bunch of current Star Wars and super heroes/batman stuff. He was low balling prices hard. It was hard to just walk away with one set. He gave me his number and told me to tell him any set I wanted and he'd get it for me. He even drove like 45 minutes to meet me so I only had to drive 5 minutes. Pretty ideal really aside from it being pretty obvious that they fell of the truck.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:ohdear:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Anybody having issues with gift cards on Legos website? I went to backorder the Assembly Square and got the (generic) error message and contact customer support when I tried to use a new gift card.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Are there any good Nexo sets? Every time I see one I think they just look stupid. Kinda like 1/2 the Ninjago stuff. But 1/2 the Ninjago stuff actually looks pretty cool. As opposed to none of the Nexo stuff.

Someone please prove me wrong.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is a mecha horse that transforms into a horsocycle

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The nexo sets aren't great but the part selection is excellent, one of the best color schemes lego has done in years. So do what I do, buy the sets on clearance for Mocs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
also it's... for kids