Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

belt posted:

Honestly relieved that OKC got out from under that Dipo contract. Paul George for a year is a good side bonus.

Yeah same. I really didn't think he was gonna work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It'll be fun when either Westbrook's numbers take a huge dive or George gets super frustrated by Westbrook's ballhogging

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/LucasJHann/status/880965546035916800

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I hope that's true

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hahahaha please be true.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intruder posted:

It'll be fun when either Westbrook's numbers take a huge dive or George gets super frustrated by Westbrook's ballhogging

Yeah, it'd be pretty funny if Westbrook's numbers dropped to how bad they were the last time he played with another really good player on his team.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-23r2TLNA0

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

EvanTH posted:

huge overpay for Steph

They're going to be in Cap Hell in like two years.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

huge overpay for Steph

Maybe not next year but I have a serious problem imagining 2022 Steph curry as a 45 million dollar man

Cannot believe no one offered Livingston more than 8 mil, he gave GS a discount for sure and he ain't never been paid so dang, weird choices

belt posted:

Yeah, it'd be pretty funny if Westbrook's numbers dropped to how bad they were the last time he played with another really good player on his team.

Paul George is literally like half the player Kevinder Ant is

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DeimosRising posted:

Maybe not next year but I have a serious problem imagining 2022 Steph curry as a 45 million dollar man

Cannot believe no one offered Livingston more than 8 mil, he gave GS a discount for sure and he ain't never been paid so dang, weird choices

He would have gotten more than 8 mil if he wanted it. It sounds like he just wanted to stay in GSW.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah, I don't really disagree but I don't understand what your point is in context to what I said.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wonder what the heck the cavs is gonna do

i guess just run rampant in the east and then have a series of boss fights in the west

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

verbal enema posted:

wonder what the heck the cavs is gonna do

i guess just run rampant in the east and then have a series of boss fights in the west

What? they only have whoever makes it out of the battle hellscape that the west is going to be.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

do you think any basketball players are good

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The only good basketball player is a future first round pick

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lessail posted:

Danny Ainge?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dexo posted:

What? they only have whoever makes it out of the battle hellscape that the west is going to be.

well i like to pretend otherwise

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I just want the Heat to not overpay for someine on a long term contract.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

I just want the Heat to not overpay for someine on a long term contract.

don't worry, freon dion will be worth every penny

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

huge overpay for Steph
You're right they should've let him go.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
With the West getting stronger, will the Cavs have a chance to get the best record in the league and HCA for the Finals if they try hard? Work hard during the season THEN coast in the playoffs, I think we had it backwards last year.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Michael Corleone posted:

With the West getting stronger, will the Cavs have a chance to get the best record in the league and HCA for the Finals if they try hard? Work hard during the season THEN coast in the playoffs, I think we had it backwards last year.

Why work hard for 82 games to get HCA when you can get it in 48 minutes in the playoffs.

The Cavs are going to coast all the way to the Finals.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lessail posted:

From from CroatiaSerbiaGreeceSpain.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
awwww that's nice

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Magic finally has built a championship contender:

That's one of the most talented summer league rosters I've ever seen.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
fake news this man clearly sounds like a soccer player

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

the nba rules

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dexo posted:

Danny Ainge?

Danny is gonna draft himself using his own pick

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
the nba sucks

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
basically the last two weeks have apparently taught me that apparently nba players are a part of steam's summer sale

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
PAUL GEORGE -80% OFF
JIMMY BUTLER -40% OFF

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/881110025057566721

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Paul George and Westbrook, Chris Paul and Harden, Boogie and Davis. Even if this all hits the Warriors wall the regular season should be fun.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Bashez posted:

the nba sucks

Why is every gm in the east so bad, and everyone in the West at least competant. This year we might see a 50win west team not make the playoffs, and a 35 win east team get the 8th seed.

Also, Patty Mills is cool and all, but pretty disappointed with the Spurs so far. Please get something for Aldridge and sign someone decent.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/881121078432727040

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
so i guess other than the Cavs and maybe the.... i dunno, the wizards? the east is basically the minor leagues lol

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raps will still be good in the regular season if they keep Lowry. Even if they lose Ibaka it's not like they've had a decent powerforward before that. Now they'll get crushed in the playoffs.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TBeats posted:

so i guess other than the Cavs and maybe the.... i dunno, the wizards? the east is basically the minor leagues lol

Don't worry In 4 years the Celtics might be good*

*If their draft picks pan out!!!!!

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 1, 2017

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Pacers will probably win the same or more games. Super star Lance here we come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Elephanthead posted:

Pacers will probably win the same or more games. Super star Lance here we come.

Eh, I dunno. That roster is pretty bad even with the East being worse. Plus I think if we're finally rebuilding, Thad Young and Monta Have It All will be dealt by the deadline.

• Locked thread