Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

If you think Jack is better then go read some GBS where everyone is Jack.

*compares GBS to cined*

Yep, Jack is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
CineD is literally the worst place on the internet. This isn't hyperbole.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It truly is... something awful.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

priznat posted:

Cripes that looks bad.

The inhumans were always pretty lame. Scraping the bottom of the marvel universe barrel now it seems.

Guardians of the Galaxy was supposed to be poo poo too

But they got a killer cast of comically gifted actors and threw a poo poo-ton of budget to go all out Kirby

This thing should have been graphically gonzo as gently caress, it's more Kirby than Fantastic 4

Instead it's 'Galactica 1980 - We Have No Budget For This So We're Setting It On Earth'

What a train wreck

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

thoughts and prayers posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy was supposed to be poo poo too

But they got a killer cast of comically gifted actors and threw a poo poo-ton of budget to go all out Kirby

This thing should have been graphically gonzo as gently caress, it's more Kirby than Fantastic 4

Instead it's 'Galactica 1980 - We Have No Budget For This So We're Setting It On Earth'

What a train wreck

This is true, if they had went full Kirby it could have been awesome. Something like Legion but with trips to the Negative Zone. Throw in some body horror from inhumans getting mutated in weird and exciting ways from their mist treatment.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Watching some HitB and egad does Mike have poo poo taste in movies. He liked Jurassic World and that new Independence Day :lol:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Ya if you gently caress up a movie so bad mike hates it you done goofed.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
TVIV is pretty bad too

Thread About Objectively Good Show That's Unpopular With General Public: *crickets*

Thread About loving Garbage Mediocre Show That Has High Ratings Among Morons: *everybody talking over each other arguing about how it's bad or fellating the show for being too good for the dumb posters who don't get it*

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Have you ever seen one of those weirdos from the GBS "Has anybody ever heard of those chaps over at Red Letter Medium?" Thread post tho?

That's rock bottom imo.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

reignofevil posted:

Have you ever seen one of those weirdos from the GBS "Has anybody ever heard of those chaps over at Red Letter Medium?" Thread post tho?

That's rock bottom imo.

It's actually the most handsome thread.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

reignofevil posted:

That's rock bottom imo.

A thread about fat goon hacks for fat goon hacks

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Every thread turns into a Tums festival!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Baronjutter posted:

It's actually the most handsome thread.

I want to kiss all the pretty men who shitpost in the thread about fat Midwesterners that bitch about stars wars

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
yeah, it's best when people just post stuff that they heard their idols say so that then everyone can cum because they recognise it

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

I want to kiss all the pretty men who shitpost in the thread about fat Midwesterners that bitch about stars wars

:moonrio:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

starkebn posted:

yeah, it's best when people just post stuff that they heard their idols say so that then everyone can cum because they recognise it

He said AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIDS AND I CLAAAAPPPPED

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Pucker up bby

Talk to me like Gurm

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

starkebn posted:

I tried to talk about Sorcerer but it turns out none of you actually watch movies

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Guy Goodbody posted:

I tried to talk about Sorcerer but it turns out none of you actually watch movies

The Nic Cage movie? How was it?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

vermin posted:

The Nic Cage movie?

no

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Sorcerer's probably great but I almost watched it once and it looked really slow and boring.

I might've liked it on a normal night but I was drinking and didn't have the patience. That's my Sorcerer story!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

Sorcerer's probably great but I almost watched it once and it looked really slow and boring.

I might've liked it on a normal night but I was drinking and didn't have the patience. That's my Sorcerer story!

This has happened to me with a lot of William Friedkin movies and 70s movies in general, which is why I haven't seen The French Connection yet.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

I watch rlm so I can avoid that bullshit.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
gently caress movies.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

This has happened to me with a lot of William Friedkin movies and 70s movies in general, which is why I haven't seen The French Connection yet.

French Connection is great, Exorcist is great but goddamn. Some of those 70s movies you really have to be in the right mindset.

I watched The Killing of a Chinese Bookie the other day and holy poo poo is that movie slow. Really great movie though, if you can sit through scenes of people staring and talking and standing around a lot.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Paladinus posted:

gently caress movies.

I'm, I saw Baby Driver, and allow me to disagree.

gently caress MOST movies, but not all.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sorcerer is so loving boring at the start that I never finished it.

Billy Friedkin is an absolute legend though. Bug and Killer Joe are insanely underrated and obviously Exorcist and the French Connection are classics.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorcerer has a ten minute long sequence of a truck driving very slowly over a bridge that's easily one of the greatest action scenes in movies

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

reignofevil posted:

I watch rlm so I can avoid that bullshit.

Just read the forum posts about the obscure review video of the movie you were going to see. You'll get a general sense of the movie that way.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Is sorcerer better than the frog original? I don't think so.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Pierogi posted:

Is sorcerer better than the frog original? I don't think so.

Wages of Fear is awesome, but the Roy Scheider/Billy Friedkin combo with a Tangerine Dream soundtrack. It is slow (in both movies) until the trucks are loaded.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Sorcerer is a slow burn that moves at the speed of a glacier and I dont blame anyone for giving up on it but I loving love it and watch it annually

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Punchsport Pagoda

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
waiting for ned crew ep5

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sorcerer is so loving boring at the start that I never finished it.

Billy Friedkin is an absolute legend though. Bug and Killer Joe are insanely underrated and obviously Exorcist and the French Connection are classics.

I'll add To Live and Die In L.A. to that list as well. And I do enjoy Sorcerer; it's definitely an acquired taste, but it helps to remember that it's basically a remake of an older film (The Wages of Fear IIRC), and I think Friedkin was trying to emulate the original as much as possible.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I'm going back through some HitB and I'm at the Creed one where Mike states he has never seen a Rocky sequel...How the hell does his personal business revolve around movies (particularly reviewing them) and he has never even caught one on cable in the past 20 years??? I feel like this happens with other obvious movies...

Hack! Fraud!

I bet Rich has seen em all...

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Crazyweasel posted:

I'm going back through some HitB and I'm at the Creed one where Mike states he has never seen a Rocky sequel...How the hell does his personal business revolve around movies (particularly reviewing them) and he has never even caught one on cable in the past 20 years??? I feel like this happens with other obvious movies...

Hack! Fraud!

I bet Rich has seen em all...

I have never seen a Rocky sequel.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

We Know Catheters posted:

I have never seen a Rocky sequel.

You probably have, but they all pretty much blur together.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Vakal posted:

You probably have, but they all pretty much blur together.

Nope, only the first one. There are other random movies I haven't seen that most people have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never seen a Rocky movie.

• Locked thread