Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Droyer posted:

Goddamn the ending to Tsuki ga Kirei was good. I-i'm not crying I promise.

Time to move it up my backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Ninja: Ho-crap, I was a few pages behind, oh well

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think a good premise is someone returning from their stint as an isekai hero, but without them remaining an invincible magic god. some dude dealing with ptsd, re-entering society after being missing for years, conflicts that can't be resolved with a legendary sword, etc.

That was kinda done by The Devil is a Part-Timer?

I think it's kinda telling that the entire isekai genre has already been subverted by a total reversal way back in 2011; "The demon king is defeated in another world and comes to ours to live a normal life because he really doesn't have much of his powers anymore."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hadn't thought of it before, but I guess Maidragon is a reverse-Isekai

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
No it's a full-isekai, just Tohru and her friends are the protagonists that travel to another world.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Who's ready for Fate/Apocrypha and Kakegurui in the morrow?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Who's ready for Fate/Apocrypha and Kakegurui in the morrow?

does kakegurui premiere tomorrow

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Homura and Sickle posted:

does kakegurui premiere tomorrow
Ayup!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Well, now I'm legit excited for this show.

i think princess principal has real potential to be a good show that does really badly commercially just like flip flappers

Yeah... :smith:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

!!!!!!!!!!!!

dogsicle posted:

the only trainwreck i have seen is Gangsta and that wasn't the sort of "lol xDD" thing people always try to make that stuff out to be. also, i prefer anime to be good.

The OP Though

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Devil is a Part Timer Season 2 Status: MAYBE

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Maou-chan drives an uber.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBEOHT0mc7U

the fetish anime guys are not horsing around

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Couldn't resist the pun, could you?

It's probably going to be decent, judging by how much money they put into the animation, the fact that it's advertising a mobage-style game, and the decent character designs.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Julias posted:

Couldn't resist the pun, could you?

It's probably going to be decent, judging by how much money they put into the animation, the fact that it's advertising a mobage-style game, and the decent character designs.

Sounds like the people making it really ponied up, then.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

Poor ol' Tōkai Teiō, thought of ants and died.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fingers crossed!

After a weird but cool weekend so far, I finally saw the Princess Principal trailer, and all I can say is "Please be good. :pray:"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh poo poo Love Live sunshine is finally on cr, that means my lazy rear end can watch it finally. :toot:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Speak of the devil :downsrim:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
She sleeps with a big stuffed carrot. Because she's a horse

sold.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
There's a masked horse racer, like a goddam luchador.

Sold.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

looks umazing

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
gently caress kakegurui is licensed by loving netflix? so have to wait for fansubs i guess. gently caress netflix is just the worst at this

raws are out for turbo-weebs and other japanese speakers though

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Tag urself i'm the bottom left

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

What, does this mean there's a Junji Ito anthology series coming?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
the fox spirit matchmaker show was uh, really dumb

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wwwwwhat.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

So far there's nothing really special about Hina Logi, and nothing even special about the OP song, but the OP itself is a fun looking project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5gFp2LeSng

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

What, does this mean there's a Junji Ito anthology series coming?

Yes actually it was announced a couple days ago

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

gently caress kakegurui is licensed by loving netflix? so have to wait for fansubs i guess. gently caress netflix is just the worst at this

Apparently they're streaming it weekly though, starting tomorrow. A day late is shite for simulcasts though. I never thought this would be the case, but I really miss Crunchyroll's monopoly. They used to pick up nearly everything and it'll all be done on time with decent subs. Now its the wild west, especially if you're not American.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it loving sucks

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

💀

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I try to watch things legally now that I really don't have an excuse not to, and they just come right back and make doing that frustrating and require a subscription to yet another service. I understand that localization takes time, but it's like they never learned the game and record industry's lessons that if you want people to turn to you rather than piracy, you have to actually offer benefits over piracy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:ughh: Oh well.

The upside is that, as a dork who's decent at speaking/understanding Japanese is that I don't actually have problems with no subs and can watch shows. The current downside is that my internet connection at home has been spotty at best. Decisions.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

chumbler posted:

I try to watch things legally now that I really don't have an excuse not to, and they just come right back and make doing that frustrating and require a subscription to yet another service. I understand that localization takes time, but it's like they never learned the game and record industry's lessons that if you want people to turn to you rather than piracy, you have to actually offer benefits over piracy.

And then I bought a new TV that runs Tizen and there's no Crunchyroll app because :effort:

There's also no Twitch app. I don't loving get it because Tizen is linux based just the same as Android. That poo poo should just port straight over.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 1, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yes actually it was announced a couple days ago

Huh, interesting. You see anthology shows crop up now and again, but it doesn't exactly seem common.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Apparently they're streaming it weekly though, starting tomorrow. A day late is shite for simulcasts though. I never thought this would be the case, but I really miss Crunchyroll's monopoly. They used to pick up nearly everything and it'll all be done on time with decent subs. Now its the wild west, especially if you're not American.

I don't think a Crunchyroll monopoly ends up being a good thing as with the past 3+ years, they have not improved at all. There website goes down for every release of Dragon Ball and no improvement made to their video quality and video player. Also with a monopoly, what prevents Crunchyroll from doing the lower video quality without informing viewers drama happening again.

Now that Amazon is there, Crunchyroll introduced offline viewing in response to Amazon having this feature already.

While I agree that how Amazon is putting double paywall is not good, but blindly having Crunchyroll monopoly is not great too. In the end, the best way forward is to eliminate exclusive license but that is not going away.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ranzear posted:

And then I bought a new TV that runs Tizen and there's no Crunchyroll app because :effort:

There's also no Twitch app. I don't loving get it because Tizen is linux based just the same as Android. That poo poo should just port straight over.

A lot of times it's "Well, money..." and that's seriously the end of it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno if competition can really come into the picture if Amazon just keeps buying indefinite licenses to whole blocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There's a dozens of industries that amazon has waltzed into, undercut everyone, and left behind a desolate wasteland so no, Amazon getting into anime is not a good thing.

• Locked thread